Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal hygiene

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

dee_mc wrote: »
    A bath twice a year, whether I need it or not

cue cheesy ****e joke…-> (same can be used for sex)

How many times a year do you have a bath?
    -Twice a year. At Christmas and on my birthday.

When's your birthday?
    -Christmas.

………..don't worry, I'm leaving..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

once a year

the dirt just falls off

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I shower every evening. Twice a day if I'm in a warmer country or if it's a really hot summer day in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭0O0

Think this thread needs a poll :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Why do people still use paper to wipe their arse instead of wet wipes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

eternal wrote: »
    Everybody needs to shower daily unless they are sick and unable to.

Actually it's the complete opposite. For us healthy folk it certainly is nice to shower everyday, but there is no physiological/medical need for us to do so. Now if you are an immunocompromised patient in neutropenic isolation. Then yes, you would need to shower everyday, because a failure to do so could potentially be a case of life or death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Every 2-3 days but then again I don't wear hair products, perfume (bar deodorant and moisturiser with ylang ylang) or make up often and I don't smoke so unless its very warm out or I've been working out then there's really no need.

I also have a small child, so showering is a juggling act at best.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

bur wrote: »

Because they're not 'Mummys ickle Pwincess"

I shower at bare minimum once a day, first thing in the morning or on gym days, straight after gym before work. Then on running days I shower after my run too.

During the really humid part of summer, I was showering three times a day, once first thing in the morning, once as soon as I got home from work, and once after my run which I had to do at night because I found it too hot before 9pm.

I hate the feeling of not showering, I even feel rotten now because I haven't showered yet and I will actually shower before the gym this morning because yock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

bur wrote: »

Because most wet wipes take to long to degrade and block the waste pipes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I shower once a day, twice if I'm going out that night. The only days I'd skip a shower would be days where I'm not going anywhere, leaving the house, or entertaining company....basically a hermit day (usually a hangover day).

I know someone who argued against showering everyday, operates more on a 'when I need to' basis, actually smelt a serious bang of sweat/stale wee off him on more than one occassion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I have a shower every morning, just part of my morning ritual.In the summer months I could have up to three a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Every morning. It wakes me up and makes me feel good for the day ahead. Even if I was just going back to bed, I'd shower, clean pjs and jump back into bed.

Shower most evenings when I get home from work, but wouldn't feel too bad if I didn't. I don't sleep very well but always seem to sleep better after a shower.

Obviously I brush my teeth and mouthwash twice a day, floss just once a day.

Don't wash my hair every single day.

Never wear any item of clothes (except my coats) more than once without washing it.

Cleanse and tone my face twice a day.

That's about it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

GarIT wrote: »
    I normally shower for 45mins to an hour.

What would you be doing for an hour? Takes me about 3 minutes in the morning. If I'm shaving/exfoliating it takes 10 minutes at most. An hour?! Ain't nobody got time for that etc etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

When I was growing up we were not well off, had and they still to this day have issues with the water supply and didn't have a shower. I guess this is what contributes to my not feeling manky if I don't shower every day. If I did exercise or feel otherwise that I need to then I do. Not everyone stinks if they don't shower once or twice a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Shower most days, occasionally bath if I want a good soak but baths make me sleepy where a shower wakes me up.

On days when there isn't much time (or hot water, LOL) I resort to the old-fashioned Strip Wash.

It seems to be largely a forgotten art, but it IS possible to get thoroughly clean and fresh using only a basin of hot water, soap and a cloth. Better still, a bidet, which is great for washing feet (second-last) and knicker area (last of all!)

Water charges? Piff to water charges!!

One thing to bear in mind, though, this is no good for hair: so not on days when a shampoo is required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

thelad95 wrote: »
    I don't see the need to wash every single day. I shower typically 3 or 4 times a week but I also use deodorant and change socks and jocks every day and I'm fresh most of the time.

During the summer, I will usually shower every day though.

You mightn't see the need but other people might smell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Normally every day...

Sometimes twice, if I hit the gym in the evening.

If I'm away travelling with work, shower in the morning and evening before dinner

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Oh no, 'tisn't long showers ye'll be having when the wather charges are in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Usually once or twice a day if I'm cycling, gyming or swimming.

Off skiing in a few weeks - no showers for about a week!!!!

EDIT: you can at least 4 days from a pair of jocks :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Usually every day.
    But I chose extra sleep this morning.
    Working alone today = doesn't matter :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I shower once or twice a day in the summer, or on the odd occasions where I do some exercise or am spending time with a nice lass.
    In this cold weather, in my freezing house, showering isn't a pleasant process and I often skip a day or two, since I don't work up much of a sweat at my desk job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I used to have a boyfriend who was an absolute skank. He showered only a few times a week and only washed his hair once a week. When he found out I showered every day, he was amazed and said that he had never met anybody with such strict standards. We were on holiday in Finland once and the weather was absolutely boiling, we'd wake every morning dripping in sweat. We were staying in a youth hostel where the shower was out of order but we had a sink in our room, so every morning I'd wash myself in the sink, lather up every bit of my body that could reach the sink with soap and rinse it off. My boyfriend, who was glad of the broken showers as an excuse not to wash all week, was appalled and said that to wash myself in the sink every morning I must clearly be suffering from OCD. You should have smelt him by the end of the holiday, a whole week's worth of stales, stinking sweat soaked through him and he thought I was the mad one.

Another thing that's always appalled is me is that whenever I've been camping at a festival I've always met numerous people who don't bother bringing a toothbrush and don't clean their teeth all week. I was camping with a friend once who hadn't brought a toothbrush and he was going on and on about how he was going to try to pull someone at the festival. I said, "No girls are going to want to get off with you if you haven't brushed your teeth all week." He said, "Yes they are. My breath is going to be like pheromones drawing them to me."

My sister is even worse. We were driving along in her car one day and she started talking. Suddenly a really foul stench of poo filled the car. I yelled, "Ugh! Have you farted?" In a really resigned and matter of fact tone of voice she said, "No. That's my breath. Everyone says it smells like poo. It's because I don't brush my teeth." I said, "Why don't you brush your teeth?" As if it was a perfectly good reason she said "Because I don't have a toothbrush." I asked, "Why don't you buy a toothbrush?" and she yelled, "NO! It's a waste of money. People in the desert use sand to clean their teeth. I might start using sand." I phoned our mum and asked her to buy my sister a toothbrush which she did, but my sister still refused to use it. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭MissNomer

My sister is even worse. We were driving along in her car one day and she started talking. Suddenly a really foul stench of poo filled the car. I yelled, "Ugh! Have you farted?" In a really resigned and matter of fact tone of voice she said, "No. That's my breath. Everyone says it smells like poo. It's because I don't brush my teeth." I said, "Why don't you brush your teeth?" As if it was a perfectly good reason she said "Because I don't have a toothbrush." I asked, "Why don't you buy a toothbrush?" and she yelled, "NO! It's a waste of money. People in the desert use sand to clean their teeth. I might start using sand." I phoned our mum and asked her to buy my sister a toothbrush which she did, but my sister still refused to use it. :confused:

This really tickled me for some reason. I've been laughing out loud for a couple of minutes now.

Never wear any item of clothes (except my coats) more than once without washing it.

This is another topic that I can't undertstand. Why on earth people think they need wash things after wearing them once, like you much be washing clothes everyday. Fair enough socks and underwear (though socks are really the only thing that need to be changed everyday) but t-shirts, shirts, boxers should be worn for two days and jeans or trousers are good for a week or more, jumpers for weeks.

Washing clothes is a pain, if I changed every item clothing every time I wore it Id be doing a wash every few days, I usually aim to get two weeks between doing clothes washes.

It's also extremely bad for the clothes to be washing them so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

boxers should be worn for two days

Yuck!

Yuck!

You are only conditioned to think like this, same as thinking you turn into a walking sewage pipe if you don't shower every single day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

You are only conditioned to think like this, same as thinking you turn into a walking sewage pipe if you don't shower every single day.

You try asking someone to wear the same jocks for 2 days with all that ball sweat and fanny sweat, and then you go down on them.

Please, just shower and change jocks if someone is going to go down on you. You can swim in your ball sweat for the rest of the day then

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Shower and wash my hair every day, maybe I don't need to but I like to feel fresh. My hair gets stupidly greasy overnight so it needs to be washed.

Unless I know I'm not leaving the house, then f^ck that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

MissNomer wrote: »
    All I can say is I hope you don't expect oral sex ???!!

I thought I was bad...trying to wash my hair every 3 days because it's getting heat damaged from drying/straightening, but I shower every day. It only takes 2-3 minutes.

A 2-3 minute shower???? Yuck!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement