Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Irish CX Champs - all you need to know

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

entered.

If any of the guys who have transferred to new clubs are having problems give me a shout, as I can walk their club guys through the transfer process which can be a bit of a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Fekkit, I've entered too :) If CI will not renew my license by 11th, I will have unique oportunity to heckle you guys from behind the lines, for mere e15.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    Up to a few years ago your 2014 licence would have covered you for the national cross champs in Jan of the following year.
    They changed this rule (I think 2 years ago) and now insist on a 2015 licence for it.
    Don't think they've any choice due to the insurance running to the end of the calendar year (and they are in the process of changing underwriters for 2015, which makes it even more important there is a clean cut-off)

It is creating some challenges though, and perhaps thought should be given to pushing the nationals towards the back end of January in the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Alek wrote: »
    Fekkit, I've entered too :) If CI will not renew my license by 11th, I will have unique oportunity to heckle you guys from behind the lines, for mere e15.

I will be heckling them from the sidelines FOR FREE!!
    If anyone wants some special heckling and abuse they can pay me and I will oblige.
    A form of cycling prostitution
    CI in their wisdom seem to have taken our club off the drop down menu !
    Emails sent and awaiting response.....

Jaysus ...who are you going after now.
    I thought we discussed this. You were retiring from that behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

If I bring my old Swords gear with me and throw it at carefully selected targets as they go past on the course, would that be frowned upon or what?

• Advertisement

Never mind bringing swords gear. Who is bringing the beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

lennymc wrote: »
    Never mind bringing swords gear. Who is bringing the beer?

I've never cyclocrossed before, but I've found beer in a bottlecage on a road is very fizzy...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I've never cyclocrossed before, but I've found beer in a bottlecage on a road is very fizzy...

Last year myself and another boardsie threw beer on Lenny every time he went round (I do recall he even stopped for a quick drink at one stage).

I think Bcmf is volunteering for that role this year.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Last year myself and another boardsie threw beer on Lenny every time he went round (I do recall he even stopped for a quick drink at one stage).

Yep.No problem!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

General CI renewal queries moved here

• Advertisement

If you remember correctly I managed to cycle one handed up the off camber mudslide while drinking the beer. Later, at tshe same spot, when I wasn't drinking beer, I fell off. In conclusion, Beer.

article-1331284481106-121468A5000005DC-899598_466x548.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

Hopefully I can address some of the concerns re. licencing

• It is necessary to have a 2015 licence to race in the nationals
    • Competitors will be required to present their 2015 licence at sign on on the 11th. It will not be necessary to have the actual plastic licence. We will accept a print out of the pdf licence that CI provide in the email that is sent out once you have paid your CI fee and completed the licence application
    • Registration for the CX Nationals closes on Sunday 4th January. While online registration has a field for licence numbers it is not necessary to have your 2015 licence number to complete the registration. Competitors who do not have their 2015 licence number should just put in their 2014 number or a dummy licence number.

So get signed up for the nationals before Sunday 4th and then you have until Sunday 11th to get your licence sorted out.

As I posted in another thread, my experience of renewing my licence last night was very straight forward. I started my online application at 7pm, my club secretary had approved it overnight and I completed my paypal payment at 14.18 today and CI sent me a pdf of my licence at 15.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I'm delighted for you.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I'm delighted for you.

Rather harsh! Nice post to end the year with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Any chance of getting a profile/description of the lap?

I'd like to go mad and attempt to do some spins before the 11th that possibly replicate what the course will throw at us. Laps of the Phoneix Park are fun but maybe not what's required.

Are there many run-ups?
    How long/steep are they?
    How long is the course?
    percentage grass?
    et cetera...

I got my unattached 2015 licence sorted with no bother at all, the system worked fine. Maybe it's harder for those in clubs.

I'm delighted for you too.
    I think, my problem arose, because I was going from unattached to a club.
    I have a feeling, that if there is no change in the licence, then there is no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

I'm delighted for you too.
    I think, my problem arose, because I have a bit of an attitude problem

fixed that there for you

That too, and mixed with stupidity and computer illiteracy.

Peterx wrote: »
    Any chance of getting a profile/description of the lap?

mud, grass climbs, tarmac climbs, boards, mud, mud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

• Advertisement

lennymc wrote: »
    mud, grass climbs, tarmac climbs, boards, mud, mud.

You forgot the off-camber switch back descents Lenny

Lenny's description is not too far wrong.
    The course is on the side of a river valley so there will be some steep tarmac ascents and some steep run ups. Add in some single track, crossing ditches, a very tricky off camber switch back descent and lots of mud and you start to get the picture.

Its a great technical course. If I was training for it I would be concentrating on off camber descents and running up the steepest hill I could find!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Peterx wrote: »
    percentage grass?

That has to be the best one yet! :D

If anyone is aware of any grass on the circuit pelase let us know and we'll see if we can get it removed ahead of the 11th:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Beasty wrote: »
    If anyone is aware of any grass on the circuit pelase let us know and we'll see if we can get it removed ahead of the 11th:pac:

Ah don't change the grass percentage level! ;)

midonogh wrote: »
    Lenny's description is not too far wrong.
    The course is on the side of a river valley so there will be some steep tarmac ascents and some steep run ups. Add in some single track, crossing ditches, a very tricky off camber switch back descent and lots of mud and you start to get the picture.

Its a great technical course. If I was training for it I would be concentrating on off camber descents and running up the steepest hill I could find!

I don't know, why I'm trying so hard, to enter for this race.
    Oh wait, I think, I answered this question in my previous post, in this thread.

I don't know, why I'm trying so hard, to enter for this race.
    Oh wait, I think, I answered this question in my previous post, in this thread.

You can be the alig(eamonn)ator in the ditch after you fall off during the first warm up lap. Stay there and tackle the real racers when they come through.

The falling off part will be no problem. I'm not so sure about the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Is the course a variation of the one in the video from 2 years ago?

Good fun course though, looking forward to it, despite the uncertainly on the grass :)

• Advertisement

Don't worry about the grass. Was only joking before. There is some....

Advertisement