Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CI renewal queries - 2015 membership year

Options
  • 30-12-2014 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭

I can't renew!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Alek wrote: »
    Thanks, I got it now.

I still rather wait with this until somebody gives me just a hint of hope that a CI membership can be renewed within 6 working days :) I remember some stories of waiting and waiting...

I renewed my leisure license yesterday, didn't have to await club or CI approval but went straight to the payment screen. Got an email this morning saying I could download a PDF of my license from the 'my license' page and the physical would follow by post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

It may be different with the competitive one... I'm not in a club though.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

It may be different with the competitive one... I'm not in a club though.

Renewed mine yesterday(full comp), all automated now, just had to ring up our club official to approve it and got an confirmation email back within minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

calistro wrote: »
    Renewed mine yesterday(full comp), all automated now, just had to ring up our club official to approve it and got an confirmation email back within minutes.

Did you get a blank pop up window at the club membership section at the bottom of the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Did you get a blank pop up window at the club membership section at the bottom of the page?

No, but paying club membership directly to club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Have you successfully transferred to the new club and have they confirmed it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

lennymc wrote: »

We're looking into it but CI in their wisdom seem to have taken our club off the drop down menu !
    Emails sent and awaiting response.....

lennymc wrote: »

Ages ago.

RobFowl wrote: »
    We're looking into it but CI in their wisdom seem to have taken our club off the drop down menu !
    Emails sent and awaiting response.....

Swords conspiracy.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

bcmf wrote: »
    Jaysus ...who are you going after now.
    I thought we discussed this. You were retiring from that behaviour.
    He thought he'd take on that club just down the road, to discover he's bitten off more than he could chew this time. He's been complaining about there being no decent strategist where he is now
    Swords conspiracy.
    :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm renewing the CI membership.

Does the M30 category apply to cyclocross or MTB/BMX only?

calistro wrote: »
    No, but paying club membership directly to club.

Yes. Me too and I've already paid but the site is behind the times on that front unfortunately.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Posts concerning the CI membership renewal process moved from the CX championships thread

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

Concerned by this thread I went to renew my licence last night. My club approved the application last night and I paid my fee to CI this morning by paypal. I immediately got a payment confirm from CI and a pdf of my licence which I can use at events until I receive the physical licence. All sorted. Very prompt and simple, even for a luddite like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I'm renewing the CI membership.

Does the M30 category apply to cyclocross or MTB/BMX only?

I don't think M30 applies to Cyclocross.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I don't think M30 applies to Cyclocross.

M30 doesn't apply to the road or cyclocross.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭nilhg

Just had a look at the PDF of my licence, I was under the impression ICE contact details were to be on there somewhere? Maybe will be on the hardcopy when it arrives?

nilhg wrote: »
    Just had a look at the PDF of my licence, I was under the impression ICE contact details were to be on there somewhere? Maybe will be on the hardcopy when it arrives?
    It will be on your CI record and details will also be required when signing on for events. Suspect there's not enough room to include it on the licence, and that option was certainly not mentioned at the AGM

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Ice
    the cause of and solution to all cycling injuries....

I'm still a little unsure why if I paid to join CI in late Nov2014, I will receive printed confirmation by mid January 2015.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

No problem upgrading to a full racing licence for this year, easy to do and got my pdf within minutes.

• Advertisement

Borderfox wrote: »
    No problem upgrading to a full racing licence for this year, easy to do and got my pdf within minutes.

It must just be VCB that has issues so. I heard that the "chairman" of that "club" is useless.

After the payment was sent, PDF arrived within minutes.

Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Does anyone else have the problem where their CI online account shows their birth date out by a day? Mine has been like that for as long as I can remember, I always put it down to flaky software on the website displaying the date incorrectly - basically, my birthday is on the 7th of the month, my online profile displays it as the 6th. My UCI code, which incorporates your date of birth, shows the 7th so CI obviously have the correct birth date for me stored away somewhere so the stupid weirdness of the website doesn't really cause me any problems. Or didn't, at least.

I went to renew my license yesterday, my profile still showed my birth date as the 6th and my UCI code still showed the 7th. I muttered another few swear words about crap software coding and proceeded with my renewal. My club approval came through today so I logged in again just now to complete it. The good news is that my profile birth date and UCI code now match, the bad news is that they both now show my birth date as the 5th of the month.

Cue a few more swear words before I went to edit my profile. Turns out though that I can't edit my date of birth, apparently Cycling Ireland can change my date of birth at will but I'm not allowed to. All the website lacks is a little clown car to roll along the bottom of the web page, playing a jaunty tune and spraying water at me as it goes - actually, that might require at least some half decent coding to achieve, which would be a step in the right direction.

Mine is fine - wondering if it's something that's stuck in the system following the changeover a couple of years ago. It gives me the option of changing my DOB, but I'm reluctant to test it!! That option may be available because I'm a club official - have you asked one of the club officials if they can change it? Otherwise I would suggest leaving it a few weeks until the post XMas rush dies down and then try contacting CI directly to get them to change it for you.

Cycling Ireland have added Velo Club Balrothery no but when new members try to join they are asked to fill in the mandatory club membership fee box. BUT there are no options available and the admins cant add any.
    Is this happening to others and any suggestions other than call CI mon?

Cycling Ireland have added Velo Club Balrothery no but when new members try to join they are asked to fill in the mandatory club membership fee box. BUT there are no options available and the admins cant add any.
    Have you provided CI with Paypal account details?

I did a few weeks ago but they only properly linked it a week or so ago and then forced "club fee" payment that way. I could include details in the "Club Member Fees" section. Think you need to create a year then add the membership categories. I included a nil fee option for anyone who had paid via the club website

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭Junior

Had this problem last year with the old club - never got to the bottom of it.

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you provided CI with Paypal account details?

I did a few weeks ago but they only properly linked it a week or so ago and then forced "club fee" payment that way. I could include details in the "Club Member Fees" section. Think you need to create a year then add the membership categories. I included a nil fee option for anyone who had paid via the club website
    Junior wrote: »
    Had this problem last year with the old club - never got to the bottom of it.

CI have our paypal details. The web portal won't let new members get past the registration page :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

I am looking at signing up for the first time for a non-competition license. I mainly just either go out for a spin by myself or with a group of friends. In the summary of cover it says "Training is deemed to be official sanctioned training only". Does anyone know what this means? Would I be covered going out for spins by myself or a few friends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

UDP wrote: »
    I am looking at signing up for the first time for a non-competition license. I mainly just either go out for a spin by myself or with a group of friends. In the summary of cover it says "Training is deemed to be official sanctioned training only". Does anyone know what this means? Would I be covered going out for spins by myself or a few friends?

What does the €30 for the non competition licence entitle one to?

Advertisement