Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Irish CX Champs - all you need to know

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

Does anyone know the rules on changing bikes.. can it be done right up to and on the last lap?

Someone was shouting at me last year in Lady Dixon saying no more bike changes with 2 laps to go....

tenks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

25sean wrote: »
    Does anyone know the rules on changing bikes.. can it be done right up to and on the last lap?

Someone was shouting at me last year in Lady Dixon saying no more bike changes with 2 laps to go....

tenks

Can change on any and every lap if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 galway rower

You can change bikes on any lap and twice a lap if your pit crew are quick enough. You can only change bikes in pit lane and if you enter pit lane even by mistake you must change bikes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

You can change bikes on any lap and twice a lap if your pit crew are quick enough. You can only change bikes in pit lane and if you enter pit lane even by mistake you must change bikes
    You can only change bikes at the pits and can't go backwards to it. Can't see how you could do it twice.
    Also some just have spare wheels in the pits so bike change isn't obligatory ;)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    You can only change bikes at the pits and can't go backwards to it. Can't see how you could do it twice.
    So if you get a puncture on the course do you have to make your way to the pits before you can do a wheel change, or can you do it anywhere? Can anyone along the circuit help with any running repairs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

thats cleared up... usually a mud fest, thanks

Beasty wrote: »
    So if you get a puncture on the course do you have to make your way to the pits before you can do a wheel change, or can you do it anywhere? Can anyone along the circuit help with any running repairs?

You have to get back to the pits to do anything. You can have a mechanic help you there though.
    Happened to me when punctured just after the pits. Had to ride nearly a full lap on a flat.
    Often see others having to run around the course when they roll a tub or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 galway rower

RobFowl wrote: »
    There will be a double pit at the champs so you will pass them every half a lap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

You can also go backwards to the pits if you are beside it and not past the end of it. Vos it did last year I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I received an e-mail yesterday about having the option of my entry counting towards the team prize. My question is, can only a certain amount of riders per club be counted towards this or is it a case of the more team entries a club has , the better their odds?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Raam wrote: »
    You can also go backwards to the pits if you are beside it and not past the end of it. Vos it did last year I think.
    Was she in the support race?

:pac:

Just a reminder - registration closes tomorrow so if you're interested in any of the championship events or just want to try out the support race follow the link in the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭mtbireland

I received an e-mail yesterday about having the option of my entry counting towards the team prize. My question is, can only a certain amount of riders per club be counted towards this or is it a case of the more team entries a club has , the better their odds?

It's the top three from your team/club that are counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

so apparently due to a mix up in my licence application (doh), I will be racing in the senior race. I will approach this race with a positive Chuck Norris 'can do' attitude

pain-is-just-weakness-leaving-the-body.jpg

but no doubt, I will end the race like this guy, amid sobs of sorrow and pure suffering.

bad-luck-brian-meme-112.jpg

Cant wait!!

Currently forecast to be dry (and windy). Hopefully we can cultivate a bit more mud between now and Sunday....

rain on wed, thur and saturday so i doubt the ground will dry out.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DKO

On the pits question, I understand that you can enter the pits and not take a bike or a wheel or anything, but you have to dismount and remount in the pits as you pass through? From the pro races... I think up, until last year you could just ride though the pits, but in some race guys used this to avoid mud and get a quicker line into a corner following the pits, so the rule was changed to make them jump off and back on in the pits to even things up if this circumstance ever happened again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

DKO wrote: »
    On the pits question, I understand that you can enter the pits and not take a bike or a wheel or anything, but you have to dismount and remount in the pits as you pass through? From the pro races... I think up, until last year you could just ride though the pits, but in some race guys used this to avoid mud and get a quicker line into a corner following the pits, so the rule was changed to make them jump off and back on in the pits to even things up if this circumstance ever happened again.

Not much point using it as a shortcut as it will no doubt be chaos like previous years.

DKO wrote: »

I think it was changed so that you have to take a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Raam wrote: »
    I think it was changed so that you have to take a bike.

If this is the case, what happens, if you have spare wheels in the pit, and puncture? Does this mean, you can't go to a pits for a wheel change?.

• Advertisement

Eamonnator wrote: »
    If this is the case, what happens, if you have spare wheels in the pit, and puncture? Does this mean, you can't go to a pits for a wheel change?.

I'm sure you can do that.

Equipment changes
    5.1.038 A rider may only take the pit lane to change his bicycle, wheel(s) or for other
    mechanical assistance.

http://www.uci.ch/mm/Document/News/Rulesandregulation/16/61/43/5CRO-E-16062014_English.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

You can cycle through the pits though if the commissar or an eagle eyed race marshal takes note of it then you may get a warning... ;)

Don't worry - there will be plenty of eagle-eyed marshals about ....

Seriously though - why bother cheating your way through - do you think it may get you into the medals?

Seriously though - why bother cheating your way through - do you think it may get you into the medals?

Have you ever ridden a cx race? Anything to lessen the suffering.... :P

lennymc wrote: »
    Have you ever ridden a cx race? Anything to lessen the suffering.... :P
    I haven't done the former to achieve the latter ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

I love the ould build-up chat.

Where's the list of entrants?
    I wanna see who I will be racing against (and who might be lapping me)

Where's my map of the course with lovingly detailed descriptions of every twist, turn, run-up and grass nitrogen percentage?

I want it all, and I want it soonish please..

Who from the senior race wants to altruistically share their battery powered power washer with me? I will return it full of water and with a bottle of Belgian Beer on top.

Even if I don't need too I think I am going to change bikes and get a poor suffering friend to clean the other bike for me, sure isn't that what the Nationals (capital N) is all about. I'll have to borrow a spare bike and a washer and a friend for all this madness of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

Peterx wrote: »
    Who from the senior race wants to altruistically share their battery powered power washer with me? I will return it full of water and with a bottle of Belgian Beer on top.

Even if I don't need too I think I am going to change bikes and get a poor suffering friend to clean the other bike for me, sure isn't that what the Nationals (capital N) is all about. I'll have to borrow a spare bike and a washer and a friend for all this madness of course :)

Apparently in the Nationals in the states there's neutral service in the pits. Can we have that? :p

Apparently in the Nationals in the states there's neutral service in the pits. Can we have that? :p
    You want me to bring a power hose along to the pits? I'm up for that - should be great fun .....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

You want me to bring a power hose along to the pits? I'm up for that - should be great fun .....:D

YES please..

Advertisement