Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Irish CX Champs - all you need to know

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Pablo Rubio

Jeez that was the toughest one of the season. well done Swords.C.C. Run up through the woods was something else, no grip even with studs.Will be very sore in the morning.Great crowds and great encouragement .
    Also the wife said I should've changed bikes like the others becuse mine was so clogged with muck .I said I don't have a second bike....but I will next year!!!!any excuse for a new bike;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

For CX racing you defo have to have a 2nd.... or even 3rd bike! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Pablo Rubio

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    For CX racing you defo have to have a 2nd.... or even 3rd bike! ;)
    Nice one....I'll explain about the 3rd once I get the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Raam wrote: »
    Totally wrecked just from helping out. I couldn't ride as I'm still recovering from illness....
    Everytime I saw you today you were on the bike. You were still riding around as darkness fell! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Everytime I saw you today you were on the bike. You were still riding around as darkness fell! :D

haha, yeah must have done a load of distance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

Managed to make it today for the senior race. Brought the family along for the fun and mud. They all really enjoyed it. A great event and really well organised by Swords CC, well done for all involved. Everyone enjoyed watching the race and would be happy to go and watch more races as it really is a great spectacle.

The course looked really tough and the more we walked around the tougher it got. Well done anyone who raced on it today Mrs Del reckoned anyone who finished a lap today was super fit. Asked me why I wasn't taking part so looks like I have a pass to give the racing a go next year.

The only comment I'd make on the event is that a sign or two around the park might have drawn a bigger crowd if it had been put up on the Friday it would have been seen by more of the locals who would might have come along to watch.

Super day for all involved and hopefully next season I'll get to take part as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭wav1

Just looking at the results and reports and it appears it was a great day.Well done Swords CC...Question of the day now seems to be,has eamonnater to attend the CI champions dinner in November?Think i'll start organising the bus now.Well done Eamon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Nice one....I'll explain about the 3rd once I get the 2nd.
    someone once said the correct number of bikes is (always) one more than the number you have...

Thought it was particularily cruel having the headwind from the finish line along the flat tarmac and beside the football pitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

someone once said the correct number of bikes is (always) one more than the number you have...

Thought it was particularily cruel having the headwind from the finish line along the flat tarmac and beside the football pitches.

Aye, not much recovery on the recovery section. We did make a nice long downhill section for you though.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

wav1 wrote: »
    Just looking at the results and reports and it appears it was a great day.Well done Swords CC...Question of the day now seems to be,has eamonnater to attend the CI champions dinner in November?Think i'll start organising the bus now.Well done Eamon.

Where are the results? Can't see them on the Facebook page (maybe I need to have a fb account?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

colm18 wrote: »
    Where are the results? Can't see them on the Facebook page (maybe I need to have a fb account?)

http://www.cyclingireland.ie/cycling-news-item/national-cyclocross-championships-podium-winners/465

del_boy13 wrote: »
    ...The only comment I'd make on the event is that a sign or two around the park might have drawn a bigger crowd if it had been put up on the Friday it would have been seen by more of the locals who would might have come along to watch....
    Flyers were distributed to local houses on Thursday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Super hard course, great atmosphere, mud, blood and coffee :D One of those races when you think to yourself "why am I here at all" on the first lap, and "pity there is no more" on the last :p

Big kudos to organizers and even bigger to all that took part!

Next time someone says "take studs", I'll take studs. Got seriously stuck on the crazy mudslide runup in the woods lap after lap... Nevermind three or four falls :pac: Lost some motivation and switched from "I'm racing" to "I'm taking part" mode*

* © Taxman. Btw - big thanks for the lift and company!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I think the Masters race really was the epitome of suffering

Look at this guy for example:D

More here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Poor lenny

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭padjo5

Well done Eamonnator........

Alek wrote: »
    Super hard course, great atmosphere, mud, blood and coffee :D One of those races when you think to yourself "why am I here at all" on the first lap, and "pity there is no more" on the last :p

Big kudos to organizers and even bigger to all that took part!

Next time someone says "take studs", I'll take studs. Got seriously stuck on the crazy mudslide runup in the woods lap after lap... Nevermind three or four falls :pac: Lost some motivation and switched from "I'm racing" to "I'm taking part" mode*

* © Taxman. Btw - big thanks for the lift and company!
    Well done Alek - I don't think I'd have managed one lap of that today. It makes a 300k Audax look like a warm up.

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure you would! Haven't tried 300k, but (from experience) a hilly 200k done trying to keep with someone faster than you is waaay harder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Puggy

That was the first cycling related competition I've been to. Attended as a marshal, even got to meet some Boardies. I soaked in the bath for an hour just to get the heat back into me. Fair play to the competitors, don't know how they do it, must be all mad. Really enjoyed the day, the company and the lift home afterwards ;)

Puggy wrote: »
    That was the first cycling related competition I've been to. Attended as a marshal, even got to meet some Boardies. I soaked in the bath for an hour just to get the heat back into me. Fair play to the competitors, don't know how they do it, must be all mad. Really enjoyed the day, the company and the lift home afterwards ;)
    Great to have you on board! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

While all the A students were up the front of the class, I was down the back dossing around. I think my HR monitor is acting up.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Good video! Should pick up a helmet mount because (a) you'll get a view of what the course is like when you're running with the bike and (b) too much butt! :)

4:30 - that was a tight squeeze (I guess you didn't dismount?) :)

(My recording is pretty similar, except for a few swear words extra when I fell and was sliding down the runup :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Great racing and a great event. Thanks to all the organisers. Super work.
    A lap with plenty for everyone; a roadie power straight, twisty fast grassiness, running, a drop in, mucky singletrack and the hill borrowed from Burma in the forest to climb up out of.
    Deadly.
    Had a second bike and pit crew, to be honest that was my day made before the start.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

I captured some footage from around the course, if anyone would like to take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Hi Ho

Well done to everybody.

Are the full results available anywhere. StickyBottle are reporting on "the veterans' category" but of course there is no such thing with three new Masters championships up for grabs. Official results would be nice.

Was a championship actually awarded in the M60 category with the small numbers?

Munster next year, anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Hi Ho wrote: »
    Well done to everybody.

Are the full results available anywhere. StickyBottle are reporting on "the veterans' category" but of course there is no such thing with three new Masters championships up for grabs. Official results would be nice.

Was a championship actually awarded in the M60 category with the small numbers?

Munster next year, anyone???

There were three starters in the M60 category. As far as I can make out, only a gold medal is awarded in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Tenzor07 wrote: »

I must have been hallucinating. I could have sworn, that I got 4 laps in. It certainly felt like it.
    Well done to all concerned. Looking back, I enjoyed it, but I was shattered after the race.

• Advertisement

I could have sworn, that I got 4 laps in.

Do you have GPS recording? You could send it to the organizers - perhaps the chip did not register correctly on the last lap. Happened to me in Punchestown last month.

Advertisement