Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Irish CX Champs - all you need to know

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

So I have been informed that I am required to be in River Valley for 8am on Sunday for course building.
    A note to the organisers: The coffee tent better be open by the time I get there.
    otherwise there Rob Fowl wont be happy as his mechanic ,ie me, wont be in a good place.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,722 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

bcmf wrote: »
    So I have been informed that I am required to be in River Valley for 8am on Sunday for course building.
    A note to the organisers: The coffee tent better be open by the time I get there.
    otherwise there Rob Fowl wont be happy as his mechanic ,ie me, wont be in a good place.
    Can't say I'll be that bothered if Rob has to carry his bike half way round the course because of crap maintenance - indeed I would quite look forward to something like that:pac:

Beasty wrote: »
    Can't say I'll be that bothered if Rob has to carry his bike half way round the course because of crap maintenance - indeed I would quite look forward to something like that:pac:
    I wont be bothered either tbh
    I will be too busy looking for Lenny to throw the contents of beer cans* at him.

*may not contain beer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Alek wrote: »
    Two virbs then :)

Hope the mount does it's job,don't fancy losing a new camera in the mud. Must remember to give the lens a wipe every now and again. Don't want 45 mins footage of an out of focus blob of mud.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,722 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

*may not contain beer
    You do realise there will be toilets on site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

This will get y'all in the mood for some Mud Sweat and gears... and no Snow! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Hope the mount does it's job,

If you have the original handlebar one, its bombproof. I worry about mud only :)

Alek wrote: »
    If you have the original handlebar one, its bombproof. I worry about mud only :)

I bought a K-Edge handlebar mount that takes my 500 and the camera hangs underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

You take good care of my bike now, ya hear?

midonogh wrote: »
    You take good care of my bike now, ya hear?

I am just gonna hand it over to the bearded one while trying not to spill my coffee.
    If he wrecks it then he owns it!

• Advertisement

If he wrecks it then he owns it!
    Don't think he'll be interested in your second hand coffee

40-50 km/h WSWesterlies forecast. We're going to have to be careful where we position the marquees to ensure they don't fly across the course I guess - either that or bcmf and one or two others may be required to provide a bit of ballast....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Beasty wrote: »
    40-50 km/h WSWesterlies forecast. We're going to have to be careful where we position the marquees to ensure they don't fly across the course I guess - either that or bcmf and one or two others may be required to provide a bit of ballast....

Call in the ghost of Beasty past?

The nationals will be missing THE top contender tomorrow, Seymour is out...:(:eek:

Wow. Just seen SB are reporting a chest infection. That's a massive shame. However it really does open this up. There must be a few guys who really fancy their chances now and it makes it a very competitive and potentially enthralling race.

Really hard luck for Seymour, I was looking forward to seeing the battle at the head of the race...
    Certainly the race will be more open now, though he always raised the standards and pushed other competitors to race harder...

Irish-cx-champs-wide-open-as-robin-seymour-unable-to-start

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Really hard luck for Seymour, I was looking forward to seeing the battle at the head of the race...
    Certainly the race will be more open now, though he always raised the standards and pushed other competitors to race harder...

Irish-cx-champs-wide-open-as-robin-seymour-unable-to-start

Go Raam!

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Go Raam!

Did Raam not post on Facebook that he was out for tomorrow due to illness?

The pressures of being favourite and they're dropping 'em like flies.....:pac:

Did Raam not post on Facebook that he was out for tomorrow due to illness?

Yes. Alas, I believe that was after the fact. Or at least I didn't see it until afterwards. I can't be expected to keep abreast of all these different social platforms like you young fellas.

• Advertisement

Well done all today. Organisers take a bow for a job well done. Chapeau to crosswords, greenmat, raam, glennamaddy, midonogh, caroline, inquitus and (as much as it pains me to say it!!!) beasty!

Great event. I'd love to have been in the condition to have taken part.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Diggabot

Just home from this... Great event. Well done to Swords CC for organising it and chapeau to the riders... it was very cold and very windy today.

Would you believe that the Nationals in the US that were due to take place in Austin, Texas, was canceled due to mud!

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Well done all today. Organisers take a bow for a job well done. Chapeau to crosswords, greenmat, raam, glennamaddy, midonogh, caroline, inquitus and (as much as it pains me to say it!!!) beasty!

Great event. I'd love to have been in the condition to have taken part.
    +1
    Very well organised (with a guest helper getting out of bed early to lend a hand :-) )

Looked like a tough course and would almost make me wanna give a go such was the success.
    Well done to all involved.

And Beasty our cordining off abilities are superb. Despite us being moved from tape duty.

......oh and The Tax Man made it look so easy.

They were tears of joy -right?

Well done to all at Swords cc, t'was the best fun you can have in an icy-cold park in January! ;)

The spread afterwards was top class, esp. the curry!

and to Monty, the new Champ, with a crushing win over the rest of the field...

......oh and The Tax Man made it look so easy.

They were tears of joy -right?

It wasn't easy from where I was sitting.:p
    The tears of joy-pain-near death, take your pick.

Fair play to you sir for putting a smile on my face every time I hit that climb.

Well done to anyone that placed in their races,on such a tough course that's some achievement.

Big thanks to all involved in the organisation of today and well done to Swords CC for the great event. You lot have an evil streak.:)

That was one tough course. Just home and absolutely shattered....

....and I wasn't racing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭The Davestator

First time watching cycle cross today. I live beside the course so stolled down. Great sport. Very tough conditions but everyone seemed to be flying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Totally wrecked just from helping out. I couldn't ride as I'm still recovering from illness. Gutted not to do the home race as it would have been awesome, but also kinda happy cos the course is savage tough. Great day out, congrats and well done to all involved... organisers, helpers and of course the riders.

Advertisement