Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Irish CX Champs - all you need to know

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭QueensGael

My arms are killing me from all the hiking-with-bike :p Well done to the organisers, marshals, sponsors, paparazzi and supporters!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Alek wrote: »
    Do you have GPS recording? You could send it to the organizers - perhaps the chip did not register correctly on the last lap. Happened to me in Punchestown last month.

At the end of the day, it makes no difference, the chap, who won the M60 was in a completely different class to me, fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I must have been hallucinating. I could have sworn, that I got 4 laps in. It certainly felt like it.
    Well done to all concerned. Looking back, I enjoyed it, but I was shattered after the race.

You may well have completed 4 laps Eamonn, but the Comms called time on the race at a certain point while some people were still making their way round, and that's the point the timing stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Full results for the support race. Sorry it took me so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I could swear I came last after all these falls and Burma jungle hill wrestling. A nice surprise :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DKO

Burma Hill... PeterX and Alek, I reckon this could catch on for future events there.

Thanks to all for organising this event and to the Parks people in Swords and the residents whose green view has been muddied for a while. Its a great location for racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Nice work Caroline.

By any chance is there a similar document with lap times for the other two races?
    no rush like - eat your lunch first:D

thanks,
    Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Alek wrote: »
    4:30 - that was a tight squeeze (I guess you didn't dismount?) :)

(My recording is pretty similar, except for a few swear words extra when I fell and was sliding down the runup :pac:)

The first time through that section I dismounted. Jumped the queue and ran through the smaller gap.:D

Peterx wrote: »
    Nice work Caroline.

By any chance is there a similar document with lap times for the other two races?
    no rush like - eat your lunch first:D

thanks,
    Peter

I'm working on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Great turnout yesterday. In bits; bruised from crashing, carrying the bike and shouldering 2 barriers at a time setting up the pits (good way to warm up). The new section through the woods was a great addition, tough course, but one of the best ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

And I see Team WORC won the team prize in the Senior/Elite race...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    And I see Team WORC won the team prize in the Senior/Elite race...

In the results, that you posted, Chain Reaction won the team prize.
    But.
    W.O.R.C. 6th, 12th and 17th
    C.R.C. 1st, 15th and 32th
    Seems to me, that W.O.R.C. has best total.

How do they decide?

Eamonnator wrote: »
    In the results, that you posted, Chain Reaction won the team prize.
    But.
    W.O.R.C. 6th, 12th and 17th
    C.R.C. 1st, 15th and 32th
    Seems to me, that W.O.R.C. has best total.

How do they decide?

I'm sure each place carries points, so the highest number wins...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

It was WORC who got it. It's been corrected.

Raam wrote: »
    It was WORC who got it. It's been corrected.

Must have been down to there excellent Pit crew! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Must have been down to there excellent Pit crew!

Indeed, the ferociousness of their defence against non-team use of the water jet was impressive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Hi Ho

What was the 'support race'?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Hi Ho wrote: »
    What was the 'support race'?

It was a non championship race for riders who were new tot he sport, were not Irish (didn't have an IRL cose on their licence), IVCA licence holders or those who simply didn't want to ride the title race.

Well this was fun. And only now I realize that most of the people involved were boardsies.

All this madness started when I asked daragh for a sweet logo. I showed the rest of the event management team and they instantly loved it.

This event was imagined by David O'Neill. It was unbelievably well thought of. From his initial vision, to the team he selected to deliver the magic. The event was written like if it was going to be played by a grand symphony orchestra.

And it takes a long time to get every single note right. But when all the instruments work so well together, then you forget that there are so many of them playing.

The execution was masterful and the conductor received a standing ovation.

Talking about the race was easy compared to Dave, Glenn and Michael's job. #HERO

Thumbs up to Swords CC and all the guys and ladies for this wonderful masterpiece.

/cheese

Caro

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Hi Ho

RobFowl wrote: »
    It was a non championship race for riders who were new tot he sport, were not Irish (didn't have an IRL cose on their licence), IVCA licence holders or those who simply didn't want to ride the title race.

Good idea - thanks

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Hi Ho wrote: »
    Good idea - thanks
    There were 40 or so entrants for that race alone (although a few didn't turn up and at least one ended up marshalling!), which was pretty good going. Was speaking to one guy who is very experienced in the Irish racing scene and he was telling me it wasn't that long ago that entry lists for the elite men's championships would have been perhaps a dozen or so

CX has really taken off over the past few years. It's a great spectator-friendly sport and the atmosphere of all the races I've attended really does add to the occasion. It was also great to see some new (and young) blood take the spoils. Hopefully the likes of Seymour and Aiken will be back next year - that could make it even more of a spectacle

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MarkG1975

Well done Swords cc and all involved, great event all round

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

only getting a chance to post now. That was a tough race. I actually got a reasonable start and was mid pack until the first forest section, where a twig got caught in my rear derailleur. I had to stop to take it out, and then try chase back on, but there was something caught in the cassette so the chain would jump anytime I tried to put power through the wheels. Ended up having to run partway back to the pits, where BCMF gave me my (padjo5's) spare bike, which is a single speed pompino, so I could complete the lap. The pompnio wasnt too bad - maybe more mud based tyres and different brakes and it would be quite a competent machine. I might get one for next year. Anyway, 2nd time past the pits and BCMF had my number 1 bike ready to go. By this stage I was way back, so just concentrated on finishing. It was a proper tough race. Well done to swords and all who organised it, and special thanks go to BCMF, Padjo5 and Lusk Doyle who helped me clean (very badly I might ad) the bikes afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

Great Day out.. slog/mud fest.. sure what else would you want.. still feeling it..

Don't forget, last race of the season will be in Punchestown again, Saturday 24th..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

lennymc wrote: »
    special thanks go to BCMF, Padjo5 and Lusk Doyle who helped me clean (very badly I might ad) the bikes afterwards.

TO be fair to me, all you had was a small paintbrush and a weed killer spray machine thingy! And I was dressed far too nicely to get down and dirty with you...again...

The masters results look like they they all started from the start of the womens race and included a wait for the junior men to start and then the wait for the masters to go.
    If dat's de case you can take about 8 minutes off your time if you are a masters man. The lap times, if available, will clear that up. (I realise it's not important but I do like my post race looking at laptimes)

Where did the gridding list of the masters men come from?
    The one used at the race differed from the one published.

And once again, Thanks to all involved for a great race. I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

it was a mighty race. I've done most of the cx races this year; that one was by a country mile the toughest..

I had two calamities...my pedal fell off on lap 3...had to run to the pits where thankfully someone had an allen key to give me...then got a puncture on the last lap..

Anyway great setup by Swords CC, well done to all involved

Looking forward to the Muddy Cup in Cashel at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Some pic's taken on the day by my son. Well done to all who raced, major respect on what was a savage course. Feel free to download and use.

https://plus.google.com/u/2/photos/105265777200352970835/albums/6103814957078397169

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DKO

A lot of respect for the lads without two bikes that finished high up.. or finished full stop... mud a plenty!

Great thanks to Swords CC and the team for laying this on.

Its my 5th year at this and every year the numbers, the lookers on, the overall organisation has gone from strength to strength, I have a lot of respect and appreciation for all involved in promoting this brilliant sport.

Hopefully next season it can kick on and grow again.

• Advertisement

Laptimes
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/177UQqqYOQz68PznuTHCWYE2KTeGiosc9ZqP3fAiPSmM/edit#gid=213326287

Thanks again for a very well run show. Now to plot how to be quicker next year :)

Advertisement