Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

wardie101 wrote: »
    Have the s6......Does anyone know how to change the data usage cycle ?

When I go to Data Usage page I can toggle mobile data on/off and also set a limit

Then it has a date range

24-Jun - 23 Jul.....it has a drop down arrow but that only brings up previous months and no option to set the cycle start date.

Anyone know how to change this ?

After threatening my phone with a trip back to the shop, i decided to give it one more life. I tried a factory reset last night - and the results have been amazing. :)
    RtLNvRdl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Gmaximum

Is anyone using Mobile Iron for exchange and the S6?

I can view my global address book but if a company contact calls me their CLI is not displayed unless I have their details saved in my google contacts/locally. Is there any way around this?

Cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Gmaximum wrote: »
    Is anyone using Mobile Iron for exchange and the S6?

I can view my global address book but if a company contact calls me their CLI is not displayed unless I have their details saved in my google contacts/locally. Is there any way around this?

Cheers

Im using mobile iron but with Lotus Notes. With the latest update I can't even get email as its constantly telling me to encrypt my phone even tho I have numerous times.

We have ours set for iPhones that it pushes down your exchange contact list to the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Gmaximum

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Im using mobile iron but with Lotus Notes. With the latest update I can't even get email as its constantly telling me to encrypt my phone even tho I have numerous times.

We have ours set for iPhones that it pushes down your exchange contact list to the phone.

Same with us corporate standard is iPhone but I opted for BYOD. We moved to office 365 and it seems to be causing problems for everyone on android

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Hey guys,

Currently using a OnePlus but thinking of upgrading to the S6 edge. Battery life is usually the biggest selling point for a phone with me. How does the 2600 mAh battery hold out? Would you comfortably get a days use out of it with regular social media use and texting? The OPO has 3100 mAh battery which is perfect for everything I throw at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

moggser wrote: »
    Like so

Turns out having wifi on means the cycle date is not there only a list of prvious months..Turned off Wi fi, went back in and now had the Change Cycle option.

Turn wifi back on, go back in and it goes again !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Duff wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Currently using a OnePlus but thinking of upgrading to the S6 edge. Battery life is usually the biggest selling point for a phone with me. How does the 2600 mAh battery hold out? Would you comfortably get a days use out of it with regular social media use and texting? The OPO has 3100 mAh battery which is perfect for everything I throw at it.

Personally wouldn't get an edge but i find the S6 battery life fine after i blocked background data usage on google services. I unplug at 7am and at 7pm i have 60% left.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Gmaximum wrote: »
    Same with us corporate standard is iPhone but I opted for BYOD. We moved to office 365 and it seems to be causing problems for everyone on android

Yeah the latest update has caused it, your mobile iron sentry has to be updated to the latest version :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭sioda

TBi wrote: »
    Personally wouldn't get an edge but i find the S6 battery life fine after i blocked background data usage on google services. I unplug at 7am and at 7pm i have 60% left.
    How did you block it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

OSI wrote: »
    Is the black S6 offered by Meteor actually black, or is it that midnight blue you see everywhere? The pictures on their site are of the midnight blue, but they state the only options are black and white.

The 'Sapphire Black' one i bought is a very dark blue. Probably midnight blue as you say. Although i got mine in Argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭midger

Any font recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

I posted a few pages back that my s6 turned off during the night with over 85% battery and I had to do a reset. Just within the last hour the same thing has happened again.

What causes the phone to just completely go dead and has to be reset to turn back on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

My battery has gone to the dogs since update to 5.1.1

Haven't used it much. Google services 21%, Android OS 13% (aren't these the same), screen 12%. Nothing else over 10%.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Get a new phone lol there some way of turning off Google background stuff dunno how butbtry that

I can't understand why people suggest turning off 4g, Bluetooth, dimming the screen so much you can barely see it etc. It's a flagship phone and is advertised as having a better of a certain spec that will last a certain out of time. I shouldn't have to compromise on the features of a flagship phone to get an acceptable battery life. Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭alane20

Any word on when we might see the S6 active released in Ireland,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

alane20 wrote: »
    Any word on when we might see the S6 active released in Ireland,

None of the previous active models ever got a wide release in Ireland so it might not become available. What's more likely is that one or two networks would pick it up but it would be a special order item only, rather than a general stock piece.

I'd say check with the networks. I know Vodafone have never picked it up, but 3 have afaik?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

My battery has gone to the dogs since update to 5.1.1

Haven't used it much. Google services 21%, Android OS 13% (aren't these the same), screen 12%. Nothing else over 10%.

Any suggestions?
    I'd awful battery performance with 5.1.1, but a factory reset and selective restore worked a treat. I'm now getting 30+ hours battery life

MiCr0 wrote: »
    I'd awful battery performance with 5.1.1, but a factory reset and selective restore worked a treat. I'm now getting 30+ hours battery life

Whats this? Particularly in relation to the 'selective restore' bit? I'm very apprehensive to factory reset tbh, losing all my data and the headache of trying to get things back the way they were is just a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

For anyone experiencing horrifying battery life you might want to consider this http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/galaxy-s6-s6-edge-gain-microsd-card-extended-battery-via-incipio-offgrid-case-1511550

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I really don't like those external battery cases, I prefer either having an external battery pack or a car charger.

In fairness its supposed to be able to handle the pressure of every day usage with out a need for that case... Stupid phone

Whats this? Particularly in relation to the 'selective restore' bit? I'm very apprehensive to factory reset tbh, losing all my data and the headache of trying to get things back the way they were is just a nightmare

I just meant that I choose to only restore messages and some settings, not any applications.

Well emobile did last week or so I got it....do yourself a favour and stay put for a while on it seems to give jip poor battery an so on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I was using one of those wireless chargers CHOETECH Qi and this morning after an overnight charge the phone was incredibly hot so I let it cool down but it is as dead as a Dodo apart from a flashing green alert light (to say phone is charged)
    I bought it off a Chinese guy in the ilac and will drop it in there today sometime.
    My phone had got very hot once before with that wireless charger, I should've taken heed then.
    Anyway my advice to anyone that has one is def to revert back to ur normal Samsung charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭sioda

Had one heating issue with the wireless pad seems you have to be very exact with the placing. No issues two months later except its still witchcraft ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Tony H

flat s6 on 3 and no update .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Tony H wrote: »
    flat s6 on 3 and no update .

This is the same for me.

• Advertisement

Still no update here

Advertisement