Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

OSI wrote: »
    Still rocking 5.0.2 on Meteor :mad:

old school lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

What's your screen on time with this lads? It still takes 2 hours to fully charge yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

My battery has gone to the dogs since update to 5.1.1

Haven't used it much. Google services 21%, Android OS 13% (aren't these the same), screen 12%. Nothing else over 10%.

Any suggestions?

Might be a bit late but try this if the battery is still crap.
    Go into WiFi settings, tap 'More' and you should see Always On Scanning or something like that, switch it to only when WiFi is on.
    I think I had it switched off but the update turned it back on? Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I was using one of those wireless chargers CHOETECH Qi and this morning after an overnight charge the phone was incredibly hot so I let it cool down but it is as dead as a Dodo apart from a flashing green alert light (to say phone is charged)
    I bought it off a Chinese guy in the ilac and will drop it in there today sometime.
    My phone had got very hot once before with that wireless charger, I should've taken heed then.
    Anyway my advice to anyone that has one is def to revert back to ur normal Samsung charger.
    Got it back Friday and all is Hunky Dory again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭irishbuzz

http://betane.ws/e1aK

Any idea when any discount might trickle its way to Irish providers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Mourinho wrote: »
    What's your screen on time with this lads? It still takes 2 hours to fully charge yeah?

My average SOT is usually 3-4 hours, fast charge somewhat makes up for the crappy time and I can get a full charge from 10% to full in around an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Mundane

Here comes another "stupid question", but when using the phone abroad and wishing not to use data (at rip off prices). Does one need to just toggle "mobile data" to off?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Mundane wrote: »
    Here comes another "stupid question", but when using the phone abroad and wishing not to use data (at rip off prices). Does one need to just toggle "mobile data" to off?

Yep. You can do this in settings if the toggle is missing from the quick icon screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

So what's the best deal on a flat S6 at the moment? I've seen reports online that Samsung are dropping the price a little.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

230mb update just downloaded, sim free s6 on Vodafone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

MiCr0 wrote: »
    230mb update just downloaded, sim free s6 on Vodafone

Just checked for an update on my sim free S6 edge on Vodafone. No update yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Right guys I'm looking for a bit of advice.
    I won an S6 in a competition today, I'm not sure yet if it's a flat or an edge but I've been following this thread and the reports coming back don't seem to be convincing.
    I'm currently using an LG G Flex and I'm loving the battery life and the screen size.
    I came from a Note 3 and another Samsung before that and found the battery atrocious on both.
    So if you were me would you even bother opening the S6 and just throw it up on adverts or would you open it and sell on the G Flex and then if i get sick of it throw it up on adverts and go onto something else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Right guys I'm looking for a bit of advice.
    I won an S6 in a competition today, I'm not sure yet if it's a flat or an edge but I've been following this thread and the reports coming back don't seem to be convincing.
    I'm currently using an LG G Flex and I'm loving the battery life and the screen size.
    I came from a Note 3 and another Samsung before that and found the battery atrocious on both.
    So if you were me would you even bother opening the S6 and just throw it up on adverts or would you open it and sell on the G Flex and then if i get sick of it throw it up on adverts and go onto something else ?

To be honey with you its a fantastic device,but the battery life sucks
    others will say its great and I'll say its bad depends on the user but over all I didn't like the battery life I got rid and got the g4 and the better in my opinion is trice as good but others have said its **** lol..try it and see then off it if its not for you but it will annoy you and the fast charger is there for a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

I'm already on 5.1.1 (it's ****) but a new updated was pushed to the phone today. Any idea what it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

moggser wrote: »
    others will say its great and I'll say its bad depends on the user but over all I didn't like the battery life I got rid and got the g4 and the better in my opinion is trice as good but others have said its **** lol..try it and see then off it if its not for you but it will annoy you and the fast charger is there for a reason

I'm thinking of doing this myself moggser as the battery in the S6 is underwhelming since 5.1.1 and I like the look of LG G4, what are your pros and cons since changing over?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

OSI wrote: »
    2 hours since I took it off the charger, 15 minutes of screen on time and down to 80%!

I'm on 81% since I took it off charge around midnight at 95%. 33 minutes screen on time.

Had the same issue as you where it would fly through the battery using 40% overnight. Checked WiFi scanning settings and uninstalled the two last apps I got since the problem started and it went back to being good.

I'm already on 5.1.1 (it's ****) but a new updated was pushed to the phone today. Any idea what it is?
    I've an unlocked S6 edge bought in CPW on Vodafone. Still no update for 5.1.1. Just checked.
    Battery lift on the S6 is terrible. The M8 I had was much better. Roll on April for my upgrade, bye bye S6. The only thing I rate is the camera. Dislike touchwiz too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

moggser wrote: »
    Cheers Moggser always appreciate your advice. I'd like to take it out of the box when i get it to take it for a spin for a few days but I'll get less for it then if i wanna sell it on so i think I'll take caution from the majority of the posters here and sell it on and stick with my G Flex for awhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Just got the update today im with 3

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I got mine an update with Tesco Mobile yesterday.

I'm currently at 79% battery after taking it off charge ~8am this morning, lots of texts sent today, a few whatsapps, a little bit of Facebook together with ~20 minutes of calls and some other app use (BBC, Irish Times, a bit of browsing), I really can't complain about the battery life on it at all.

Oh yeah, I also have it connected to my Pebble the whole time and it was connected to my car's bluetooth for ~1 hour earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Just an update on this, I'm at 51% now, Screen 7%, Google Services 7%, Android OS 6%, BBC News 6%, Facebook 5%, 4 other apps all 2% as well. To be honest I can't see anything wrong with my battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

But what's your actual screen on time tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I updated to 5.1.1 yesterday.
    Unplugged the phone at 7am today and did a bit of Facebook browsing, made a few calls and sent a few texts. Now at 93%.
    I've only had the phone about 2 weeks but it's a massive improvement on my iPhone 5. A charge on this phone lasts the full day whereas the iPhone always had to be charged again by about 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Anyone else have some pretty serious lag when scrolling through certain apps like YouTube and some websites too?

I'm still waiting for the first update to arrive for 5.1.1. It's supposed to improve battery life etc.
    I've an unlocked S6 edge on the Vodafone network
    Anyone else with a unlocked S6 edge receive an update to their 5.1/1 software?

1jcdub wrote:
    I'm still waiting for the first update to arrive for 5.1.1. It's supposed to improve battery life etc. I've an unlocked S6 edge on the Vodafone network Anyone else with a unlocked S6 edge receive an update to their 5.1/1 software?

I received it a few days ago on my standard S6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

I see three have a deal atm of the s6 for free on a 55pm contract for 2 years whats peoples thoughts on this? should i go for it? what are three like?

haiyna wrote: »
    I received it a few days ago on my standard S6.
    I think it's only available for the standard S6 only at the moment.
    Has it improved there batter life on your S6?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

markc91 wrote: »
    I see three have a deal atm of the s6 for free on a 55pm contract for 2 years whats peoples thoughts on this? should i go for it? what are three like?

I personally wouldn't tie myself into a 2 year contract with 3. At the moment I find their coverage to be very poor, in the west of Ireland anyway.

• Advertisement

1jcdub wrote:
    I think it's only available for the standard S6 only at the moment. Has it improved there batter life on your S6?

To be 100% honest, I don't think so.

Advertisement