Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

moggser wrote: »
    Wonder will it patch the missing icons and battery
    Go to galaxy apps store. Search for "quick panel restore". Download it, open it let it do it's thing, hay presto! It will then ask to uninstall This will fix your missing quick toggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Don't see a quick panel restore...there is a "antek quick settings" app top of the list is the the one

Don't see a quick panel restore...there is a "antek quick settings" app top of the list is the the one

It's in the Samsung app store. You can access it from the galaxy apps app..
    I just checked, it's still there

1jcdub wrote: »
    It's in the Samsung app store. You can access it from the galaxy apps app..
    I just checked, it's still there

Oh my bad was looking in the app store and not the Samsung app store sorry , have it there will install mow cheers :-)

Oh my bad was looking in the app store and not the Samsung app store sorry , have it there will install mow cheers :-)

Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Got an S6 Edge in Vodafone in the Pavillions today and it was unlocked FYI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

rameire wrote: »
    sim free Samsung Galaxy S6 32GB - White, Gold and Black. at Argos.ie - €599.95 , not sure if good price, but saying a drop on argos of 100 euro.
    codes

use http://www.checkargos.com/

to find out what stores

Back up to €699

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭lukin

I recently purchased this phone but as of yet I have been unable to backup or export my contacts to my PC. I have used software called SmartSwitch which save the contact with an .spba extension which I can't open.
    Then I tried Wondershare Dr Fone which didn't detect the contacts (I think the version of Galaxy I had was too new).
    I tried syncing the contacts with Gmail but they don't appear in my contacts in Gmail.
    Another thing is when I open the phone as an external device on My Computer and go to the Contacts folder and view the contacts as .vcf files. However when I add a new contact on the phone and then open the contacts folder from the phone on My Computer it is not there.
    It's all very frustrating, hope somebody can help.

Edit:Problem solved. MyPhoneExplorer did the job for me. Excellent free software.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

Went to bed lastnight and my s6 had 88% battery. Woke up at 5am and the phone was completely dead. Wouldn't turn on or anything? Eventually found out how to turn it on but am curious to know what causes this?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Mundane

Anyone receive the 5.1.1 update on the S6 yet?

• Advertisement

Mundane wrote: »
    Anyone receive the 5.1.1 update on the S6 yet?
    Not yet. I read somewhere that is going to be another month away! Hopefully they be addressing some of the issues that where not sorted in the early 5.1.1 release in the US...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭lukin

One thing I have noticed is that when you select a text message on the S6 is there is no option to unselect it. e.g. You click on a text message, select "more" and then "edit". The tick box appears beside the message enabling you to select it. You tick the box and are given the option to delete it but not the option to unselect it.
    You have to kill the process to get back to before you selected it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Anyone have any issue's when moving from wifi to 3g/4g. My phone won;t connect back once I have left wifi zone. Comes in and out for a while but it's so frustrating. It comes back eventually but could drop off again. Never had this problem on other phones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Anyone have any issue's when moving from wifi to 3g/4g. My phone won;t connect back once I have left wifi zone. Comes in and out for a while but it's so frustrating. It comes back eventually but could drop off again. Never had this problem on other phones

Check if smart switch is active in the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Woke up this morning after the phone has been plugged in all night, it won't power on (it was on when I went to bed). The LED light is blinking as if I have a whatsapp message. Any ideas what this might be or how I get it to power up?

Soft reset ....hold power button and 2 volume buttons for ten to fifteen seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Just got the 5.1.1 update ota on my s6

Vodafone bill pay

Anything new?

Anything new?

It's still only at 49% !

Christ......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

I think there's a few minor bug fixes in 5.1.1 and you can get rid of S finder and quick connect from notification menu.
    The main thing they haven't resolved is the RAM management. I'm getting tempted to get a refund on mine before my 28 days are up, just in case they don't get a proper fix and them in stuck with it.

• Advertisement

I've an unlocked S6 edge. Still haven't received the update...

Well it's definitely a lot snapper. Like a lot snappier and this phone wasn't a slouch before at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Tony H

Downloading 5.1.1 update from 3 now .

Nothing from emobile/meteor yet anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Just received the update on 3.

Nothing from emobile/meteor yet anyway

Meteor / eMobole are international unlocked versions. I've got one from car phone warehouse that's unlocked and I'm with Vodafone. Vodafone have released their update which i haven't received either. Looks like we'll just have to wait until Samsung get their finger out and release the update for unlocked UK/Ireland versions.
    I asked the question on twitter and they never responded

1jcdub wrote: »
    Meteor / eMobole are international unlocked versions. I've got one from car phone warehouse that's unlocked and I'm with Vodafone. Vodafone have released their update which i haven't received either. Looks like we'll just have to wait until Samsung get their finger out and release the update for unlocked UK/Ireland versions.
    I asked the question on twitter and they never responded

Makes sense....well kinda , I'd of thought that u locked might of got it first ah sure no rush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Just downloading the update now too im with 3 also.

I bought an unlock code from an Irish eBay seller recently and it cost €25 i had it within a day,if anyone is looking for the seller i can post it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭CailinGaillimh

Have been within minds to change from the S5 to one of these since they've been released. Changing because I've been having issues with wifi and the phone deciding to freeze, but no solutions from service provider - other than those it's been a great phone, and has converted me back to Samsung.

Upgrade due now and I've the option of the S6 for free or the S6 Edge for 199.99.

I like the design of the edge, although it looks a bit fragile. I'd have a higher dependence on texting/viber/what'sapp, than i would for phone calls. How are people finding the phones? Which would you recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Have been within minds to change from the S5 to one of these since they've been released. Changing because I've been having issues with wifi and the phone deciding to freeze, but no solutions from service provider - other than those it's been a great phone, and has converted me back to Samsung.

Upgrade due now and I've the option of the S6 for free or the S6 Edge for 199.99.

I like the design of the edge, although it looks a bit fragile. I'd have a higher dependence on texting/viber/what'sapp, than i would for phone calls. How are people finding the phones? Which would you recommend?

I got the flat version and I find it great, don't think I'd be too bothered about getting the edge although it would have more memory at 64gb vs 32gb if that's important to you.

The phone itself is better than I thought it would be. Good camera and screen and the battery is fine which was my biggest concern.

They still need to sort out the RAM, it's quite bad switching between apps sometimes.

You must be paying a hefty monthly bill to get it for free, make sure it works out better value that way rather than buying sim free and getting a monthly contract for €15-35 depending on who you go with.

Advertisement