Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

That phone info Samsung is a good little app.

Anyone know if there's anyway so that when you press volume up/down to make the notification volume change too?

Price is gone down again in Argos. €625 now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

I've gotten the 32gb flat for the last few days, running 5.1.1.
    I've noticed that the battery life is shockingly bad - down 13% in one hour.
    At first I'd thought it was just down to the problem that seems to exist with the email client but there seems to be something more.
    I'd done a full wipe when I installed
    installed 5.1.1.
    Any obvious suggestions? I've got GSam installed now to see does it give any clues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

I posted back few days ago after updating that it dropped 2% while writing the post and now is no different what ever was in the update really ****ed up... you basically just watch the phone die in your hands through out the day and I thought the Nexus was bad.... I found if charged with wifi Bluetooth and data off and left off till you need them the phone can last a little longer .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

So guys, so would it be worth upgrading from S5 to this? The edge version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Any way to change font size or color on notifications pull down?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Hopefully it's possible to rollback to 5.0.2, as this battery life is too awful to live with

MiCr0 wrote: »
    Hopefully it's possible to rollback to 5.0.2, as this battery life is too awful to live with

ya'd like to think that, i doubt they'd bother even addressing the situation we will prob have to wait for the next update, there is the beta M available for the nexus on the next while hopefully there will be something small for battery drain pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

MiCr0 wrote: »

You can't roll back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I have the Nexus 4 and the Swype keyboard is amazing. Can I get this on the s6?

I don't think I can go back to a normal keyboard. I tried it again in the airport today and the keyboard just frustrated me. It's a small thing but it's an effort with very long texts or posts on Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

My OH have this phone, and without a SIM card in it, it lasted 3 days. It was being used for gaming quite heavily.

That suggests the battery issues are network related. Those with heavy battery drain, try it with 4G turned off so it will only connect via WCDMA and see does that make a difference.

ok this is frustrating any ones phone randomly shut off and wont tun on with out soft reset?
    its happended twice in two days now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

moggser wrote: »
    ok this is frustrating any ones phone randomly shut off and wont tun on with out soft reset?

There was a poster here during the week that experiencing the same issue that you are. I don't know if they resolved it.

Didn't see any resolution to it yet anyway.... pain in the face all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Didn't see any resolution to it yet anyway.... pain in the face all the same

That would bug the hell out of me. Which s6 do you have again?

Have the flat

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

This happened to me a last week or so. Went to bed with 88% battery and woke up a few hours later to discover the phone was completely dead and had to do a reset. Hasn't happened since then but I am constantly checking to make sure it hasn't happened again.

I'm having issues with the wifi on my s6. Anytime I load spotify it causes my connection to the wireless router to constantly drop every 30 sec or so. Rang Vodafone and they said to bring it to my local store as it might be an issue with the wireless chip in the phone. Find it weird as it doest happen when I use other apps like youtube or that....

Try that smart connect thing for the wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

I have that switched off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

How are you guys finding screen on time on average?

• Advertisement

**** lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Tony H

N64 wrote: »
    3 to 3 1/2 hours mostly , the quick charging helps a lot if you need a quick boost .

N64 wrote: »

4 hours according to GSAM for me.

mine is going back to the shop - this battery life just isn't acceptable
    using normal mode
    rc5IOkS.png

using a combination of safe mode, power save and ultra power
    0HPkjtV.png

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

Have the s6......Does anyone know how to change the data usage cycle ?

When I go to Data Usage page I can toggle mobile data on/off and also set a limit

Then it has a date range

24-Jun - 23 Jul.....it has a drop down arrow but that only brings up previous months and no option to set the cycle start date.

Anyone know how to change this ?

Ummmm it's in the drop down part of that tab.... where it says change cycle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭CailinGaillimh

Have had the Samsung S6 for the last week. After an initial bad start (Vodafone cancelled new sim card & then said it wasn't the sim registered to the phone despite activating it in store -.-).
    Overall, I find it's a great phone. Camera is very fast acting & definition is excellent on both cams. Phone is very responsive and sensitive - texting is a lot quicker compared to the S5. Finger print technology is amazing - can register 4 prints and will read from many angles.
    Battery is okay. The fast charge makes up for it, takes about 2 hours to charge from 0-100%. Charged my phone at 10 pm yesterday and am on 20% now with heavy usage!
    Play service keeps crashing, but I have a feeling that this is happening right across Samsung devices as it was happening on my S5 before I changed.
    Two thumbs up here!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

Ummmm it's in the drop down part of that tab.... where it says change cycle

thats what Google said too but I just see previous dates when I scroll down there.....very odd

Ok have you the 2 tabs ticked? ?thats probably why you don't see that

• Advertisement

Like so

Advertisement