Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6

Options
1596061626365»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Cortecs wrote: »
    Mine has stopped fast charging since the update (even though it says it is fast charging). I

Yeah definitely noticed a slower charge but also better battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Gazzmonkey wrote: »
    If you hit the tiny down arrow to the right side of the brightness meter, you get an option to pin it to the top like the good old days.

That's brilliant thanks. I am super impressed with the battery right now. I feel that there's no need to upgrade now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Solved my fast charge issue. Toggled off the fast charge option, restarted phone and toggled back on again. Problem fixed. Saw it on an android forum.

Can't believe the battery life improvement!

Cortecs wrote: »
    Can't believe the battery life improvement!

Isn't it amazing :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What version are ye on now after latest update ?

Mine is android 7.0

Gonna say it once more......I just can't believe the battery improvement!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

The BTU nought update has finally arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

My battery on the edge is gone to sh?te, lads. For e.g in the gym earlier went in at 95% played a playlist on Spotify for my 50 min workout (screen off pretty much the whole time), when I was finished it was at 49% Thats nearly 1% per min with just audio playback and screen mostly off. Has anyone changed the battery on their s6 edge? Difficult?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

MiCr0 wrote: »
    The BTU nought update has finally arrive

That took so long ! Weird that some of my led notifications have stopped since the update though

Also my google account won't sync. Sync options are greyed out. Might it be the work policy that is on the phone ? Got around it by installing outlook and adding my gmail account to it but still not ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Duff wrote: »
    My battery on the edge is gone to sh?te, lads. For e.g in the gym earlier went in at 95% played a playlist on Spotify for my 50 min workout (screen off pretty much the whole time), when I was finished it was at 49% Thats nearly 1% per min with just audio playback and screen mostly off. Has anyone changed the battery on their s6 edge? Difficult?

Also edge and since the update my battery is gone to ****. Recharging it by dinner time now and I even disabled all bloatware. Piece of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Duff wrote: »

My S6 was the first non-removable-battery phone I ever owned. Never again. Replaced the battery and sold it on. Super fast phone but you pay for it with battery power. The OLED screen does f*all to reduce power consumption on this phone. The glass back cover isn't 'too' hard to get off if you know what your doing and even if you do break it in the process a replacement isn't too expensive. The rest of the procedure is fairly straightforward.

I have a flat S6 and I have found the update has really helped my battery. No issues my side. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Down 11% in 52 minutes barely using the phone. Some joke.

Here's mine for comparison (Flat S6) 70%

2nw31iw.png

Vahevala wrote: »
    Here's mine for comparison (Flat S6) 70%

2nw31iw.png

That's because your not using it much. In your snapshot we can see that the second highest consumer of power in the Recent Battery Usage section is "Device Idle". That means turned on but basically doing nothing or very little. It looks like your just actually using it as a phone rather than a computer/table which if you were you would get "Screen on time " , "Android System", or some other app that would be at the top of list of power consumption. If that snapshot represents your usual usage habits then the phone is fine for you but not for someone who's constantly on Facebook, youtube etc.

AllForIt wrote: »
    That's because your not using it much. In your snapshot we can see that the second highest consumer of power in the Recent Battery Usage section is "Device Idle". That means turned on but basically doing nothing or very little. It looks like your just actually using it as a phone rather than a computer/table which if you were you would get "Screen on time " , "Android System", or some other app that would be at the top of list of power consumption. If that snapshot represents your usual usage habits then the phone is fine for you but not for someone who's constantly on Facebook, youtube etc.

It depends on the day, If you are going to be using a lot of things like youtube, it will go down quicker, I use a lot of spotify and general web browsing/FB through the browser on it on my commutes and it doesn't drop too much. If I was using youtube or more intensive things, I get around 4-5 hrs screen on time before I need to charge again. :)

Also just to add my commute is around an hour each way.

Would anyone have a copy of a Vodafone Ireland 32gb PIT file?

Also where can I download the stock 7.0 firmware that doesn't require you to pay to download !

Vahevala wrote: »
    It depends on the day, If you are going to be using a lot of things like youtube, it will go down quicker, I use a lot of spotify and general web browsing/FB through the browser on it on my commutes and it doesn't drop too much. If I was using youtube or more intensive things, I get around 4-5 hrs screen on time before I need to charge again. :)

Also just to add my commute is around an hour each way.

Yes and all I was saying is that the battery stats you posted showed that you didn't use the phone much in that particular usage cycle. The problem with the S6 is that after a year or so usage the battery capacity goes down where if you use it a lot it would be fully depleted in a couple of hours. All batteries diminish in the amount of charge they can hold over time but in the case of the S6 the effect of this seems to be particularly bad.
    Would anyone have a copy of a Vodafone Ireland 32gb PIT file?

Also where can I download the stock 7.0 firmware that doesn't require you to pay to download !

I don't know about PIT files but you can download all Samsung firmwares from this site for free and at a descent speed in comparison to other sites. Bookmark it as it is a excellent source for Samsung mobile firmwares one might need in the future.

EDIT: I though adding the link might be helpful : http://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »
    Yes and all I was saying is that the battery stats you posted showed that you didn't use the phone much in that particular usage cycle. The problem with the S6 is that after a year or so usage the battery capacity goes down where if you use it a lot it would be fully depleted in a couple of hours. All batteries diminish in the amount of charge they can hold over time but in the case of the S6 the effect of this seems to be particularly bad.

I don't know about PIT files but you can download all Samsung firmwares from this site for free and at a descent speed in comparison to other sites. Bookmark it as it is a excellent source for Samsung mobile firmwares one might need in the future.

Not seeing a link ? Apologies if I missed it !

Not seeing a link ? Apologies if I missed it !

Nope you didn't miss it - I missed it. Added to my previous post.

Cheers for that

Hoping someone can give some advice on an issue. I wanted to give my old s6 to my wife so did a factory reset through recovery

Now when you go to set up the phone it looks for samsung account details to bypass the activation lock

I am using the correct details but it won't get past that screen

I have flashed the correct stock image for my phone but it's still there. At my wits end with it now !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Anyone have any experience of Samsung not fixing your phone because of the Knox setting being tripped? My home button is broke and it's started turning itself off so I was going to chance a warranty fix. I rooted it a while ago ironically trying to fix the broken home button issues but the knox counter is at 1 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

threein99 wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience of Samsung not fixing your phone because of the Knox setting being tripped? My home button is broke and it's started turning itself off so I was going to chance a warranty fix. I rooted it a while ago ironically trying to fix the broken home button issues but the knox counter is at 1 now

Anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭legrand

Not me (but to hijack your bump), on V7 for some months - all good until weekend of 22nd got some update that screwed up 1) Samsung/Gboard - that seems to have settled and 2) more annoyingly  battery drains over 4 or 5 hours where before it'd easily last a day.  Another update today - marginal improvement but still not what it was. Have all the usual battery saving methods in place (as they were before update).
    Anyone else?

Advertisement