Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Ok back to dreadfully battery by look of it just ten mins of random use and the % is dropping so fast anyone else have probs

4%in 12 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

My icons are gone too. Not doing a factory reset, why should I for their mistake. Samsung has to fix this as its a worldwide problem. No update or anything, just vanished.

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Boring question which has probably been answered before, but I am an iPhone 5 user, have many of you moved from iPhone to Samsung and I know it's a very subjective question but is it worth it? I should say I am very tempted to make the move.

Thanks in advance.

Just made the move from a 4s to a s6 myself last week.

First thing is there's multiple apps installed for email and photo viewing etc from the start so you kind of need to spend some time at the beginning picking and choosing which is best for what.

The screen is amazing, but say goodbye to the kind of one-handed use that you can do with the smaller iPhone.

In terms of functionality and speed the s6 blows the iPhone out of the water. If you're in any way technologically inclined you won't regret getting an s6.

It's an awesome piece of kit (I'm finding out new things it can do all the time) and I'm very happy with the switch so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Mundane

Icons gone here too (S6 Edge with Tesco)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

There is a fix on xda developers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Thanks to slippin jimmy and animal rights for confirming that the battery isn't actually that bad I ended up getting one of these phones.

Very impressed with it so far and battery is good enough. Fast charge is amazing when compared to the bog standards chargers.

One thing to watch out for is a flaw in the keyboard security. It's patched but may not be pushed to all phones because of carrier delays/testing.
    It's hard to know if you've been patched or not yet until more details emerge.

I'm guessing sim free unbranded should be OK but I'm not certain.

https://www.nowsecure.com/keyboard-vulnerability/

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

Is the Samsung S6 from Three sim unlocked? If not, does anyone know a cheap (but reliable) place online to get it unlocked?

clacks wrote: »
    Is the Samsung S6 from Three sim unlocked? If not, does anyone know a cheap (but reliable) place online to get it unlocked?

Thought I read earlier it cant be unlocked but someone will know better then me.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭midger

Is there any way of turning off the home key as a power on button?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

midger wrote: »
    Is there any way of turning off the home key as a power on button?

I don't think that this is possible. I've been searching for a way to do this myself and have come up empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭midger

I don't think that this is possible. I've been searching for a way to do this myself and have come up empty.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Had to send mine back for a repair as it stopped fast charging and took over 6 hours to charge normally.

Was sent locked to Three, same phone came back with Three branding but Unlocked. They replaced a few parts and upgraded software.

I lost a few off the quick menu icons today. Didn't notice any updates on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭rameire

sim free Samsung Galaxy S6 32GB - White, Gold and Black. at Argos.ie - €599.95 , not sure if good price, but saying a drop on argos of 100 euro.
    codes

use http://www.checkargos.com/

to find out what stores

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

rameire wrote: »
    sim free Samsung Galaxy S6 32GB - White, Gold and Black. at Argos.ie - €599.95 , not sure if good price, but saying a drop on argos of 100 euro.
    codes

to find out what stores

It costs €780 from the Samsung site. I'm supposed to be saving but I'm tempted, damn you.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

Anyone having an issue with spotify? Anytime I use spotify it causes my wifi to disconnect and reconnect every 30 seconds or so. It only happens when I use spotify. No issue with allcast or YouTube etc....

ADO wrote: »
    Anyone having an issue with spotify? Anytime I use spotify it causes my wifi to disconnect and reconnect every 30 seconds or so. It only happens when I use spotify. No issue with allcast or YouTube etc....

No issues with Spotify. Do you have smart connect enabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

Iv smart switch turned off...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

rameire wrote: »
    codes

to find out what stores

Thanks for the heads up. Got the last one in Limerick. Was going to get an Exynos Note 4 but this was a better deal and it has wolfson dac too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

Unlock.ie took 2 days but unlocked my S6 from Tesco mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

skodacb wrote: »

I just had a look at that site and its coming up as €32.50?,i found a seller on eBay and he's unlocking them for €25,im looking to get mine unlocked dont know which to choose yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

skodacb wrote: »

Yup, snap, these guys came good for me too.. They were the third unlocking site I had tried. The other 2 were cheaper, but they couldn't unlock it for some strange reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Anyone seeing the 5.1.1 update on the S6 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Anyone seeing the 5.1.1 update on the S6 yet?

Not yet. When I click software update it gives me an error message and asks me to try later

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Not yet. When I click software update it gives me an error message and asks me to try later

I get an error saying failed to download the update, try again later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Yup, snap, these guys came good for me too.. They were the third unlocking site I had tried. The other 2 were cheaper, but they couldn't unlock it for some strange reason.

What network are you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

What network are you with?

Vodafone. Just checked there and it says my software is up to date.

When I check in settings it says my current version is 5.0.2

Still no sign of update 5.1.1 on sim free phone. Apparently it doesn't resolve RAM problems.

I did get a small security update recently but it didn't say what for. Probably a fix for the keyboard vulnerability.

Material theme was released in theme store today. Haven't tried it as I haven't set up a Samsung account yet to download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Wonder will it patch the missing icons and battery

Advertisement