Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭sioda

First night using the wireless pad does it make the phone warm during use

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Anyone having connection issues with wifi as in dropping despite been connected .. have smart wifi turned off so it'd not that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

moggser wrote: »
    Anyone having connection issues with wifi as in dropping despite been connected .. have smart wifi turned off so it'd not that

Yeah i had the same issue this morning wifi is working fine but the phone wouldnt connect,i just restarted my router and it connected,its not the first time its happened either.

Mines hit and miss dissappear then appears despite been beside it or away from it bleeeedin head wreck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Had the same issue. I set "keep WiFi on during sleep" to always and that sorted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

So, a month in, I let my brand new S6 drop 2 less than 3 feet onto a rough pavement. Here is the result. Badly smashed screen at the button area and fine cracks throughout.

Otherwise working perfectly.

Anyone know my best options?

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Ouch. Sorry about your phone! I'd say your best bet is to bring it to one of the repair shops around the city. In the past I have used click and thought they were great. Did you have it insured?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Ouch. Sorry about your phone! I'd say your best bet is to bring it to one of the repair shops around the city. In the past I have used click and thought they were great. Did you have it insured?

not insured. I KNEW I would be careful with it!

Squaredude wrote: »
    Had the same issue. I set "keep WiFi on during sleep" to always and that sorted it.

Its already on that setting,presuming its the router maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Is there any reasons why one would get the edge over the standard s6? I don't know what to do. Just hoping someone could tell me what the advantages of spending the extra couple of hundred for the edge are?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have the S6 Edge and to be honest if I was paying for it myself I don't think I'd be paying the difference. I do like the edge clock, very handy in bed and the contact lists being colours is alright, but I have a Pebble watch so I don't use the notifications that much on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Lads has anyone lost any of there quick settings panel options?

I used to have the mobile data icon which was great but now it's disappeared, anyway getting this back? I'm with meteor but had it up to two hours ago

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Mundane

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Is there any reasons why one would get the edge over the standard s6? I don't know what to do. Just hoping someone could tell me what the advantages of spending the extra couple of hundred for the edge are?

Bought the edge because I wanted 64g and got bored waiting for the flat 64 to go on general sale (finally did 2 months after launch). To be honest I wouldn't spend the extra, the edge screen is a gimmick and offers little extra, in fact it's rather annoying when reading some Web pages as the text can start right on the edge making it a bugger to read.

Buy the flat.

Lads has anyone lost any of there quick settings panel options?

I used to have the mobile data icon which was great but now it's disappeared, anyway getting this back? I'm with meteor but had it up to two hours ago

You probably have disabled it by mistake. Drag the quick menu down and scroll to the right. It should give you an option to view more. The mobile data icon should be with the full list of icons you can add to the quick menu.

You probably have disabled it by mistake. Drag the quick menu down and scroll to the right. It should give you an option to view more. The mobile data icon should be with the full list of icons you can add to the quick menu.

No its just gone from the quick menu altogether, I've tried the edit option but a few of the shortcuts/icons are gone, I'll post a screenshot tomo. Only stuff I've found online so far was could be network but I've had it the last few days since owning it, on meteor

No its just gone from the quick menu altogether, I've tried the edit option but a few of the shortcuts/icons are gone, I'll post a screenshot tomo. Only stuff I've found online so far was could be network but I've had it the last few days since owning it, on meteor

What do you think is missing?? Ua have me looking and thinking there is something missing ya bollix ha ha

What do you think is missing?? Ua have me looking and thinking there is something missing ya bollix ha ha

Here's what I used to have:
    Py2arl.jpg

And now what I'm left with:
    tnoeOI.png

Seems a few others are experiencing it too:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6/general/pic-mobile-data-gone-quick-settings-menu-t3133087/post61300203

- That has a fix in it but the phone needs to be rooted, I'm on stock and don't plan to root

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/539908-mobile-data-missing-quick-settings-panel.html

http://forums.androidexpert.net/samsung-galaxy-s6/539727-verizon-s6-mobile-data-toggle-removed-quick-settings.html

Can anyone on the meteor network confirm if they have all icon's available? Cheers

Here's what I used to have:
    Py2arl.jpg

And now what I'm left with:
    tnoeOI.png

Seems a few others are experiencing it too:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6/general/pic-mobile-data-gone-quick-settings-menu-t3133087/post61300203

- That has a fix in it but the phone needs to be rooted, I'm on stock and don't plan to root

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/539908-mobile-data-missing-quick-settings-panel.html

http://forums.androidexpert.net/samsung-galaxy-s6/539727-verizon-s6-mobile-data-toggle-removed-quick-settings.html

Can anyone on the meteor network confirm if they have all icon's available? Cheers

Nothings missing for me ... when did ya notice it

Nothings missing for me ... when did ya notice it

Yesterday evening, kinda happened like this: woke up stuck on the wifi toggle and had a nice cigarette while checking my emails, all good here, then on the way to work I toggled my mobile data, again all happy here, life was good, sun was shining, no complaints, then I get home, now this is where it gets sour. I go to my quick panel and low and behold no mobile data switch, heads starts to get annoyed and then I realise more icon's are gone - first call of action - boards.ie!! I know it's nothing major and it means I've to tap maybe 3 more keys to do it, but that 3 times more I should have to, overall, I want them back and I didn't download any updates so no idea why they gone.

Yesterday evening, kinda happened like this: woke up stuck on the wifi toggle and had a nice cigarette while checking my emails, all good here, then on the way to work I toggled my mobile data, again all happy here, life was good, sun was shining, no complaints, then I get home, now this is where it gets sour. I go to my quick panel and low and behold no mobile data switch, heads starts to get annoyed and then I realise more icon's are gone - first call of action - boards.ie!! I know it's nothing major and it means I've to tap maybe 3 more keys to do it, but that 3 times more I should have to, overall, I want them back and I didn't download any updates so no idea why they gone.

Have you tried a reboot? It was the one thing I over looked when I had a problem and it fixed it.

• Advertisement

Have you tried a reboot? It was the one thing I over looked when I had a problem and it fixed it.

Yeah I've tried a reboot and also wiped the Cache partition. I don't want to factory reset just yet but maybe my only option??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Same issue for me this morning with my s6 edge. Went to bed last night and all was working fine, but this morning no mobile data icon. Portable hotspot and privacy mode also appear to be missing. Seems that Samsung pushed some form of software update that didn't require permissions. Found this link on verizons website as a fix. Haven't tried it myself yet as only on the way to work now

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-80200/

If there was an update did you get a notification? ? Was it background update ? Or is it a carrier update that done it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

If there was an update did you get a notification? ? Was it background update ? Or is it a carrier update that done it?

Don't quite know really. Most of the reports coming from America are saying there was no notification of an update, but it seems to be the reason Verizon are giving for it happening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Missing things too. Thought I was going mad

kev_s88 wrote: »
    Don't quite know really. Most of the reports coming from America are saying there was no notification of an update, but it seems to be the reason Verizon are giving for it happening

OK ... I've one better for u.... Mine just died... Not battery flat just plain owl dead last ime I looked at it was 30 something percent battery then checked it about 4 o clock and nothing ... Won't turn on won't charge just sits there looking pretty... Anyone else's croak it

Ummmm seem to have got it alive and well again... for now☺☺an owl soft reset done the trick panic over

Aaaaaaaaanf after it's little eppo I've noticed the icons are missing too nice one samsung... **** wads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Boring question which has probably been answered before, but I am an iPhone 5 user, have many of you moved from iPhone to Samsung and I know it's a very subjective question but is it worth it? I should say I am very tempted to make the move.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Boring question which has probably been answered before, but I am an iPhone 5 user, have many of you moved from iPhone to Samsung and I know it's a very subjective question but is it worth it? I should say I am very tempted to make the move.

Thanks in advance.

An honest answer would be if you like apple stay with apple if you fancy a change pop across and join us android users.... we have coffee n donuts lol...na it's a personal choice really and tbh they are similar in look and feel with usage of apps and stuff... certain apps you migjt not get with android and vise versa... but it's certainly not locked down like apple is tho that's what draws me to it ....pop to a shop get a look see and mess about with it see how it grabs ya

Advertisement