Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

So most of you probably have this over a month now. How's the battery life?
    Would you have to charge during the day at some stage to make it to night time?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I am a heavy net/phone user so I charge it plenty during a day, the battery isn't as good as the S5 but....The S6 comes with a superfast 9v charger and I also use a wifi charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I tend to us Twitter, Facebook, snapchat, whatsapp and do a fair bit of browsing. I find the battery much better than my m7. I plugged my phone out a midnight a couple of days ago. Got up about 5.30 and used it a bit. Got the bus at eight and used spotify for the 1.5 hour journey, I used the above apps too. Ordered a taxi with hailo when I got to dublin. Did my usual browsing when I got home. Made one call and sent a few texts. When I plugged it in that night there was 30%+ left in the battery.

As the poster above said, the fast charging is great. If you run low during the day you can plug it in and keep it topped up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Battery life is fine for me. The fast charger is amazing. I also use wireless charging in the jeep & at home. I've never come close to running out of power & I am a very heavy user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Does anybody know how to remove this? Switched on the phone this morning and there is a white bar down the bottom left of the screen. It only appears on the lock screen and the notifications. I've attached an image of it. It's doing my head in.

It looks like the shortcut bar on the S4/5, etc. It used be added and removed by holding the return button for a few seconds so could try that?

Haven't used an S6 yet so apologies if this sounds a little silly or if the feature has been modified or replaced!!

• Advertisement

It looks like the shortcut bar on the S4/5, etc. It used be added and removed by holding the return button for a few seconds so could try that?

Haven't used an S6 yet so apologies if this sounds a little silly or if the feature has been modified or replaced!!

I've just tried that. No luck.

I've just tried that. No luck.

Just rebooted the phone and the white bar disappeared. Actually am ashamed I didn't do this in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I've had an issue at Night when my phone is not plugged in while I'm asleep and I've closed all apps yet the battery significantly decreases,any advice?

Cotts72 wrote: »
    I've had an issue at Night when my phone is not plugged in while I'm asleep and I've closed all apps yet the battery significantly decreases,any advice?

Have a look in the battery settings and see what is draining it. Post a screenshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭moggser

Cotts72 wrote: »

whats a significant decrease????

ive discovered that if i turn the WiFi off and the mobile data and bluetooth i can get the battery to drain roughly 1-3% over 4hour period roughly instead of the normal 1% a hour the other way so try that and see if that works ive charged it with them settings off then unplugged it when done and thats what the result was try it and see

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Can anyone recommend a decent cover for the Edge? I'd like 1 that would protect it like an Otterbox but also not impact the usage of it, I'm not holding out much hope of the Otterbox case to be out any time soon and I've a couple of marks on my phone already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Spigens are nice

http://www.spigen.co.uk/cell-phone/samsung/galaxy-s6-edge.html

check youtube for some of their reviews.

EDIT:

YT reviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMjNH4hCEao

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

They look spot on, I like the stand function, went to order 1 there and it's on pre-order as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

Have a spigen on my flat love them great case and compatible with wireless charging pad got from amazon this morning which I still think is witchcraft

I think I'll get this cover http://www.spigen.co.uk/cell-phone/samsung/galaxy-s6-edge/galaxy-s6-edge-case-tough-armor.html#.VW7XjM9VhBc I don't want to order it now and have to wait for it for months though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

^ amazon or their Ebay is more reliable and don't forget to use Parcel Motel to save on postage

http://stores.ebay.ie/spigensgpukstore?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Just noticed my credit card has expired so PayPal has rejected the transaction, have to wait to get a new card, might be in stock when I get it back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

Have the slim armour on my s6 after having the tough armour on my m8 and find the form factor on the slim much nice to hold and in the pocket

I think I'll order this once I manage to unblock my PayPal account

Clareman wrote: »
    I think I'll order this once I manage to unblock my PayPal account

I have the flat s6. Would highly recommend these covers. They fit so well on the phone and feels great to hold. Order one, you won't regret it :)

• Advertisement

Cool, done and done, I like the idea of the kick stand, I'll let ye know how I get on, according to fleabay it should be delivered Friday, which means Saturday to the Parcel Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

WexIan wrote: »
    unlock code here in 20 minutes for new M9, cost €14 https://www.safeunlockcode.com/

Christ charging €39 for the S6 Edge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I am still torn between the edge and the flat. Carphone warehouse are looking for 900 euro for the edge on Meteor (64gb only), while the 32gig flat is a more palatable 680 or so.

Does anyone know any online places you can order the 64gb flat from ? Amazon won't ship here. I guess I could go with Parcel motel but someone don't me the reason for not shipping the S6 is because the sealed battery can expand in the cargo hold of a plane due to pressure differences ? Is this nonsense :)

Last thing...could someone with a black edge do me a favour. Turn it off and have a look at the glass under very strong sunlight or a torch. Noticed an edge in cph today and it had those faint hairlines scratches people were complaining about a while back (mostly T mobile customers), and I have read about the quality control difficulties Samsung have had in the manufacturing process of the edge. In the event I get an edge, I want to be sure I have a good chance of not incurring these issues. Thanks.

I am still torn between the edge and the flat. Carphone warehouse are looking for 900 euro for the edge on Meteor (64gb only), while the 32gig flat is a more palatable 680 or so.

Does anyone know any online places you can order the 64gb flat from ? Amazon won't ship here. I guess I could go with Parcel motel but someone told me the reason for not shipping the S6 is because the sealed battery can expand in the cargo hold of a plane due to pressure differences !! Is this nonsense :)

Also wondering if the memory bug fix has been rolled out by the networks over here yet and are people experiencing this issue in general ?
    http://www.extremetech.com/computing/205301-samsung-now-rolling-out-fix-for-galaxy-s6-memory-issues

Last thing...could someone with a black edge do me a favour. Turn it off and have a look at the glass under very strong sunlight or a torch. Noticed an edge in cph today and it had those faint hairlines scratches people were complaining about a while back (mostly T mobile customers), and I have read about the quality control difficulties Samsung have had in the manufacturing process of the edge. In the event I get an edge, I want to be sure I have a good chance of not incurring these issues. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Does anyone know any online places you can order the 64gb flat from ? Amazon won't ship here. I guess I could go with Parcel motel but someone told me the reason for not shipping the S6 is because the sealed battery can expand in the cargo hold of a plane due to pressure differences !! Is this nonsense

Ah that is a load of crap about the cargo hold how do you think the other phones get delivered around the world.

Does anyone know any online places you can order the 64gb flat from ? Amazon won't ship here. I guess I could go with Parcel motel but someone told me the reason for not shipping the S6 is because the sealed battery can expand in the cargo hold of a plane due to pressure differences !! Is this nonsense

Ah that is a load of crap about the cargo hold how do you think the other phones get delivered around the world.

By boat :)

I see Argos have the S6 flat on sale for 699 sim free (down from 750). That is only 20 quid more than carphone warehouse are charging for a locked phone.
    I wonder does the S6 that carrier's sell come with any bloatware ? I also wonder if buying a phone from Argos instead of a carrier store like Carphone Warhouse or Meteor is a bad move from a warranty point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭donkey balls

The slow boat from china :eek: jaysus companies would go bang the majority of air cargo is shipped in the belly of passenger aircraft.

Clareman wrote: »
    Cool, done and done, I like the idea of the kick stand, I'll let ye know how I get on, according to fleabay it should be delivered Friday, which means Saturday to the Parcel Motel

Got the case this morning, it's spot on, really light and small, kick stand is very handy, probably won't use it again now :) I slight flaw is the the case is over the finger print so it's a bit awkward to use it but I'm adjusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Pacifico wrote: »
    Latest Chrome update now means boards.ie is now usable (just about) on the phone!

I thought I was the only one having this problem. Boards.ie along with a few other sites hang/freeze for me now and again. It could freeze for 2 minutes in some cases. I have cleared cache etc etc but it does not help. The was an internet update a few weeks ago which seemed to fix the problem but after a few days it went back to freezing??? Anyone know whats going on. Is it pop up blocker or similar causing this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SomeGuyCalledMi

Pixmania have the s6 for 627. That had the gold one for 608 the other day but it seems to have gone back up

Advertisement