Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

I bought this phone for the other half a month ago on three, but i wanted to get it unlocked. Ive tried a couple of the online unlocking sites and they have all come back with no code. Has anyone successfully unlocked a galaxy s6 from three?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WexIan

unlock code here in 20 minutes for new M9, cost €14 https://www.safeunlockcode.com/ try him and see

• Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭moggser

wingnut32 wrote: »
    I bought this phone for the other half a month ago on three, but i wanted to get it unlocked. Ive tried a couple of the online unlocking sites and they have all come back with no code. Has anyone successfully unlocked a galaxy s6 from three?

have you tried a different sim in there for the crack?

i got a note 4 from e mobile/meteor and it was sim free regardless try it and see

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I'm trying to set my phone up so that it is unlocked in trusted locations. When I go to use my phone it still asks for my fingerprint. Any ideas?

I'm trying to set my phone up so that it is unlocked in trusted locations. When I go to use my phone it still asks for my fingerprint. Any ideas?

Can you turn it off??

• Advertisement

Anyone else get s small smelly little update this morning about 146MB???

Dunno what it fixed apart from ****in about with the wifi on me it seems to drop connection

moggser wrote: »
    Can you turn it off??

Turn what off? I restarted the phone but it still asks for my fingerprint.

Finger print scanner thing... in security settings somewhere

moggser wrote: »
    Finger print scanner thing... in security settings somewhere

I want to keep that on. I thought there might be a way to disable this when at home only.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Mundane

Can anybody recommend a good case for the S6 Edge?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I want to keep that on. I thought there might be a way to disable this when at home only.

Yeah this didn't work for me either, fairly useless.

It does seem to work with trusted bluetooth devices though

Pacifico wrote: »

It's a bit useless alright. Hopefully they change it with an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Pacifico wrote: »

buy a car... put it in your living room & when you are home the phone will connect to the car stereo as a trusted device and allow you access without having to give your finger print...

... simples

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Bluefoam wrote: »
    buy a car... put it in your living room & when you are home the phone will connect to the car stereo as a trusted device and allow you access without having to give your finger print...

... simples

My trusted device setting doesn't seem to work very well. When it's connected to my bluetooth, I have to swipe the screen to unlock, but all it does is ask for a fingerprint then! Defeats the purpose although I assume there's something buggy happening.

dorgasm wrote: »
    My trusted device setting doesn't seem to work very well. When it's connected to my bluetooth, I have to swipe the screen to unlock, but all it does is ask for a fingerprint then! Defeats the purpose although I assume there's something buggy happening.

Lucky you discovered that before you bought the car...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I had the opposite problem when I had my watch as a trusted device I couldn't get the fingerprint to activate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Mundane wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend a good case for the S6 Edge?

I reckon the diztronic tpu case is about the best value there is, and offering decent protection in a thin case. For 10 quid.

I have one on my M9. Doesn't attract fingerprints, nice fit (not too tight), and good protection for camera. Highly regarded in the US and as good if not better than spigen capsule equivalent.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VMS1D4Q/ref=noref?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

If you want heavy duty, then it's UAG Maverick or Ash, Otterbox Defender/Commuter, Spigen Thin Armor...but all these take the look off the edge.

Personally I avoid clear cases. They look great for 5 minutes and then get scratched up or usually have such large camera cutouts they pull in dust and grit which will scratch the back of your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Lucky you discovered that before you bought the car...

Unfortunately, this was after I bought the dedicated living room car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Latest Chrome update now means boards.ie is now usable (just about) on the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I was passing through the airport today and I messed around with the S6 in Dixon's. The camera blew me away. I have a Nexus 4 at the moment, so not the greatest front facing camera, but the S6 is something else. Such detail.

I am saving up for it, starting from today. I had a look at the Edge, but it doesn't appeal to me at the moment. No silly purchases over the next few months and I'll be fine.

• Advertisement

I was passing through the airport today and I messed around with the S6 in Dixon's. The camera blew me away. I have a Nexus 4 at the moment, so not the greatest front facing camera, but the S6 is something else. Such detail.

I am saving up for it, starting from today. I had a look at the Edge, but it doesn't appeal to me at the moment. No silly purchases over the next few months and I'll be fine.

How were you able to see the camera quality? Did you transfer or print the photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

How were you able to see the camera quality? Did you transfer or print the photos?

God no. I took a picture and looked at the screen :o Not the most technical of evaluations, but I'm sticking by it.

God no. I took a picture and looked at the screen :o Not the most technical of evaluations, but I'm sticking by it.

Sounds like you liked Samsung's overblown screen colours...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

The selfie cam is so good that I don't need to use the back camera for shots...on previous phones if I wanted a good quality pic of moi I used the back but ofc that wasn't always practical, the front selfie cam is superb.
    The Cameras in general are the main points on this phone for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Sounds like you liked Samsung's overblown screen colours...

I do photography and I can tell you now the S6 camera is the best phone camera I've ever used.

Does anybody know how to remove this? Switched on the phone this morning and there is a white bar down the bottom left of the screen. It only appears on the lock screen and the notifications. I've attached an image of it. It's doing my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Does anybody know how to remove this? Switched on the phone this morning and there is a white bar down the bottom left of the screen. It only appears on the lock screen and the notifications. I've attached an image of it. It's doing my head in.

I can't tell you how to remove it but it looks like the edge contacts menu. Swipe it to the right to pull it out and you can assign 5 contacts to it for quicker calling/texting

x43r0 wrote: »
    I can't tell you how to remove it but it looks like the edge contacts menu. Swipe it to the right to pull it out and you can assign 5 contacts to it for quicker calling/texting

Thanks for your help. But I have the flat s6 (should have said).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Thanks for your help. But I have the flat s6 (should have said).

Ah ok - Weird though it looks really similar (my screenshot attached - top left bar)

• Advertisement

x43r0 wrote: »
    Ah ok - Weird though it looks really similar (my screenshot attached - top left bar)

Yeah its not far off. It doesn't seem to do anything when I drag it.

Advertisement