Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

That moment when the cat beats your high score while looking at that bird. Nice stick by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's a lovely little stick alright, that's the Sega/DB9 version, but I managed to hunt down the matching XHE-3 which lets you use it with a PCE.

The only annoying this is that it maps the start button to the 'run' button on the adapter. So whenever you want to press start in a game you've to reach for that instead.

But there really is no better way of playing PCE shmups than these sticks, they're really made for it.

xeast2_zpswyyzt3ep.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Nice cat by the way. What's his/her name? Hopefully it's suitable retro.

Master of the Universe

Her name is Set. Not very gamey, but Egyptian gods are pretty wrathful and you haven't seen what this little ****er does to soft toys :pac:

Hobbies include;

Posing for photos

IMG_20160412_170450612_HDR_zpsdk5g3h4y.jpg

Lazing in the sun with Pikmin (you will notice she has seen fit to remove his pupils)

IMG_20160412_170349743_zpsg0ttzofz.jpg

Filling out census forms

IMG_20160424_150258311_zpsh9urbcan.jpg

Peering into the jacks from atop a ladder

IMG_20160328_084752327_zps81gd5gef.jpg

Stalking me from above

IMG_20160522_130905682_HDR_zps3fqcmapf.jpg

Yes, before anyone says it, I know I am now a crazy cat lady. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Just saw this while browsing the interweb, a cancelled Madness platform game for the megadrive :

https://www.unseen64.net/2010/03/09/madness-genesis-megadrive-cancelled/

"I’m not sure if the band were actually going to be featured in the game as Gremlin devised some strange character (who’s name escapes me at the moment) who the player would control. In the background, it was planned that some awful 6 channel Yamaha sound-chip induced ditties would be playing away.
    Unfortunately the bottom dropped out of the console market and Gremlin decided to can the Madness computer game and so it was never released. Ex MML subscriber Jacco Van’t Reit (did I spell that correctly) did offer his services with regards to helping to produce the game after he had worked on previous projects for the Gremlin team but this unfortunately didn’t happen."

I would have loved this! The first tape I ever bought was Divine Madness in 1992, a bootleg copy over in Punchestown!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

One must have at least 3 cats and a glaring of strays/feral feckers in your yard and garden before one can call themsleves arddfgdghsahgdjipashdjsa!!!!!!!!!

o1s1n wrote: »
    It's a lovely little stick alright, that's the Sega/DB9 version, but I managed to hunt down the matching XHE-3 which lets you use it with a PCE.

The only annoying this is that it maps the start button to the 'run' button on the adapter. So whenever you want to press start in a game you've to reach for that instead.

But there really is no better way of playing PCE shmups than these sticks, they're really made for it.

I was lucky enough to pick up a few nice bits from Steve a few weeks ago. Among them was a turbo everdrive, what a console the pce is. There are some really nice looking games, a lot seem to sell for big money now. I'll make do with what I have as I don't fancy paying them prices, that pce rgb cable you recommended works well with the mini.

P1070409_zpshdiia4xi.jpg

Master of the Universe

Yeah, it's a pretty impossible console to collect for given the prices things are at now. I only have 3 or 4 games myself, the Everdrive never leaves it really.

That port of Liquid Kids blows my mind! Its amazing that such a small console can run something like that.

I was playing Chuka Taisen. It's far from the pinnacle of pce shmups but I'm kind of drawn to it. For a console with such a small footprint it has no problem with detailed sprites. I've only scraped the surface in what's on there and there's so much more to look forward to. Devil's Crash had me hooked for a couple of weeks, addictive isn't the word.

P1070380_zpsolzwityo.jpg

P1070383_zpsrag2bcu0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well Lads and lady!

Just started my own brand, been in the works for a while now so be great if ye could all check it out

http://lazersteak.com/

https://www.facebook.com/LazerSteak/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Well Lads and lady!

Just started my own brand, been in the works for a while now so be great if ye could all check it out

Sitebanned for spamming*

*I will of course lift the siteban in exchange for wanted list goodies from the US

Cool site, great name :)

A NTSC copy of Duck Hunt is the first on my list for you!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well Lads and lady!

14yyo2.jpg

A NTSC copy of Duck Hunt is the first on my list for you!

Hey, at least it'd be 60Hz :D

That said, if you see Mario 1 (non duckhunt), Mario 2, Mario 3, Contra or the Castlevania games going cheap JB...keep me in mind :)

I'll be heading to game deals in Vancouver and they are good with prices I heard. I'll let you know what prices I see. If I see any of them sub €10 I grab a hold of them?

If I see any of them sub €10 I grab a hold of them?

Definitely JB, t'would be much appreciated :)

Cool. Anyone else after anything?

Want to get a good few NES games myself so hopefully I'll get some gems

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I'm looking for a cheap-ish copy of Death Brade for SF, if they stock japanese games.

• Advertisement

I'll keep and eye out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Dat soundchip though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

stumbled upon this game recently: EON .
    A nice homage to SotB. It's only a demo right now but there's a few areas to explore and it looks stunning. Some poor english translations though :)
    It's all made by one guy too, graphics, music and dev ... :o

there's a link to the demo at the end of this page
    http://www.wonderboy-bobi.com/eoneng.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

BGOllie wrote: »
    stumbled upon this game recently: EON .
    A nice homage to SotB. It's only a demo right now but there's a few areas to explore and it looks stunning. Some poor english translations though :)
    It's all made by one guy too, graphics, music and dev ... :o

there's a link to the demo at the end of this page
    http://www.wonderboy-bobi.com/eoneng.php

So it's not a game based on the movies or Albert R. Broccoli?

I'm going to feel silly for asking but what movies and whos Albert R. Broccoli ? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm going to feel silly for asking but what movies and whos Albert R. Broccoli ? :)

That name rings a bell in relation to the James Bond films, producer or something? Other than that not a clue either.

that would explain. must have watched 1 jamesbond film ever. I don't even have a TV or Netflix so most soccer, film, series references are completely lost on me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I don't even have a TV

then what's your sofa pointed at?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Eon productions are Broccoli's production company and mostly make Bond films, but they also made Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and some Harry Palmer flicks in the 60's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Nothing quite shakes one's notions like the moment you discover that Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and James Bond were both written by Ian Fleming.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement