Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Your Beano and Dandy collection? :)

Bunty, natch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    I don't know why I'm telling you this

Hypoxia probably...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, those reeling from multiple disappointments from Coleco/Snes/PCI card based new consoles....
    Welcome to the future!
    New chinese current gen machine, FUZE!

Which just happens to look like a kinda PS4 with an Xbox One controller... those Chinese companies, they just love copyright law!
    FUZE.png

edit: @rse, it's an Android based machine...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

*sees Mighty No. 9 among lineup*

Well, looks like it's gonna be delayed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

o1s1n wrote: »
    I just carried approximately 1500 comics up 4 flights of stairs and then lifted them all into the attic.

I don't know why I'm telling you this, someone has to know :pac:

Next step - putting them all in order!

Been wanting to do that with mine for years. Sounds like fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Out of boredom, I was looking up ebay asking prices of my old NES & SNES games.

The biggest surprise re asking prices was Boogerman!

Is there any reason why people are looking for between €150 and €170 for this?

I didn't think it was that rare!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Out of boredom, I was looking up ebay asking prices of my old NES & SNES games.

The biggest surprise re asking prices was Boogerman!

Is there any reason why people are looking for between €150 and €170 for this?

I didn't think it was that rare!

It's another one of those that came out near the end of the SNES's life and probably didn't sell well. You can find it for a lot less than that though, I picked up my copy for around €40 although it has risen since then to about €70-90, and the NTSC version goes for even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Some YouTuber probably played it and drove up demand.

It's why so many horror games go for crazy prices now.

I remember bitd my cousin bought boogerman,
    We finished it in a few hours and brought it back the next day.

Ah, the constant risk of face palm for us players of games from all eras.
    The fact that we all, at some point, owned or could have owned games that seemed so inconsequential at the time but could, in fact, have paid off that mortgage.
    Sunset Riders for the Snes for example, damn, should have hung onto it!
    Big Box Super Metroid
    Why did I throw out the Steel Battalion controller box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ah, the constant risk of face palm for us players of games from all eras.
    The fact that we all, at some point, owned or could have owned games that seemed so inconsequential at the time but could, in fact, have paid off that mortgage.
    Sunset Riders for the Snes for example, damn, should have hung onto it!
    Big Box Super Metroid
    Why did I throw out the Steel Battalion controller box?

I still get annoyed at 8 year old me that thought it was a good idea to throw out the boxes for my NES & Gameboy games!

Thankfully from SNES onwards I kept them all (but pretty much wrecked most of the instruction manuals from over-reading!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

My biggest annoyance was having Pocky and Rocky when I was younger and selling it off for very little in one of those newspaper ads :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

On the other side, I'm glad I got in on Zack & Wiki (Wii) during the two weeks it was worth something. Dunno if anyone recalls, but it sold out its original print run, and as the notion of games as collectibles was firmly taking shape, it was actually worth something...folks were calling it "the new Shantae." Even Gamestop were offering unusually high trade-in values on it. Two months later, you could get it for 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Retro games really are like any other market...the arse can fall out of it at any stage

Doing an inventory tonight of my high end games to see what can go. Some of them are just placeholders on my shelf and havnt been touched in about 2 years....money better put to use buying pinball machines :)

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    On the other side, I'm glad I got in on Zack & Wiki (Wii) during the two weeks it was worth something. Dunno if anyone recalls, but it sold out its original print run, and as the notion of games as collectibles was firmly taking shape, it was actually worth something...folks were calling it "the new Shantae." Even Gamestop were offering unusually high trade-in values on it. Two months later, you could get it for 5.

Well, most of the pricier games seem to be popping up on the DS and 3DS.
    I've Cave Story 3D, Infinite Space, Electroplankton (complete in box with instructions and headphones), and the Ace Attorney games (which are supposed to be accruing in value), Pacman&Galaga Dimensions is supposed to be expensive enough too, as is N+ for the DS.
    I've got a copy of Korg DS-10 Synthesiser for the DS, but unboxed with a vast photocopied instruction manual, the boxed one can go for around 30/40

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Anyone got any Game & Watches?

https://twitter.com/nes_4life/status/731356638024749057[url][/url]

eddhorse wrote: »
    Anyone got any Game & Watches?

https://twitter.com/nes_4life/status/731356638024749057[url][/url]

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone hacking their 3DS be warned. It's a day long process.

All this effort to play one fan translated game...

Or you could buy a dodgy cart online ;) Is it doable with current firmware? I have 3 3ds's and might give this a go...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have a 3DS XL that I never really use since most of my games are american and thinking of getting a european new 3DS so decided to go ahead with it. above some firmwares it can be very tough to to the installation. Either way you still have to go through the day long process involving dozens of times swapping the SD card, backing up files and two separate downgrades.

• Advertisement

Finished the hack at 1am this morning. Pain in the arse. Got the fan translation of Beyond the Labyrinth going as well. Seems like a very interesting game. Starts off as a online 8-bit wizardry clone with 3 other players having online banter with you as you play then you all get pulled into a world with gorgeous Ico-esque visuals and a girl you have to help. It's a great little dungeon crawler it seems.

Found a quirky little shop just off Mountjoy Square earlier.

It looks like a shop for all that junk that gets cleared out of someone's house when they die.

Lots of PS2 games for 50c each... also rather cool was their selection of random AC power adapters in a wide variety of voltages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

DinoRex wrote: »

It looks like a shop for all that junk that gets cleared out of someone's house when they die.

Lots of PS2 games for 50c each... also rather cool was their selection of random AC power adapters in a wide variety of voltages.

Oh I've been in there before, last year sometime, lots of ps1 and 2 games, nothing special really but for 50cent each you might find something.

There was a lot of dvd boxed PC and ps2 games down the back to the left of the 'store' when I was there, don't know if that stuff is still there though.

Googlemap reference or GTFO!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's my local bizarro shop, stay away! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

poster.png

I can see it now, two gangs, intoxicated with the promise of retrogaming bargains, meet on the urban battlefield for a show down!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

All my years and practice at Streets of Rage and scrolling beat em ups in general are finally going to pay off :pac:

They seemed to mostly have an excessive amount of copies of Primal for the PS2.

• Advertisement

They seemed to mostly have an excessive amount of copies of Primal for the PS2.

Stop the press,
    Retro Collectors Riot in the Streets (of Rage)
    cancelled due to lack of interest!!!

, and all the decent games were nicked by this guy
    31bonuslevels-17.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement