Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

o1s1n wrote: »

In other news, anyone going to see Nausicaa in The Lighthouse this weekend?

Possibly the greatest Ghibli film imo

http://lighthouse.admit-one.eu/index.php?s=LHSMITHF&p=details&eventCode=24577

I'm looking forward to it. I've read the manga so it'll be interesting to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

In other news, anyone going to see Nausicaa in The Lighthouse this weekend?

Possibly the greatest Ghibli film imo

http://lighthouse.admit-one.eu/index.php?s=LHSMITHF&p=details&eventCode=24577

Thats what Cave based mushihimisama on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

saw this Wii U / 3DS bundle on Eurogamer
    https://www.humblebundle.com/friends-of-nintendo-3ds-wiiu
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    There's some people on the Nintendo forum that could help you out.
    Thanks! I'll give it a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

That bundle's worthy by Shantae and Freedom Planet alone. The latter, I'm told, being the best 2D 'Sonic' game since Sonic's heyday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Freedom planet, certainly better than most of Sonic Team's attempts since Sonic&Knuckles, although I'm not entirely convinced, feels like a Sonic the Hedgehog tribute band tbh, almost right but just not right enough.
    Still better than post MD Sonic games though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Greedily speculating as to what's gonna be added to the bundle next week. Shovel Knight or Axiom Verge is too hopeful, isn't it?

Between this and Super Meat Boy finally making its way to a Wii-brand console, Nintendo are stealthily compiling a nice digital library for its much beleaguered console.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Greedily speculating as to what's gonna be added to the bundle next week. Shovel Knight or Axiom Verge is too hopeful, isn't it?

Between this and Super Meat Boy finally making its way to a Wii-brand console, Nintendo are stealthily compiling a nice digital library for its much beleaguered console.

Plenty of time to enjoy them too, seeing as we aren't getting the NX until 2017 and there's only two more AAA games coming to the WiiU format
    Mario & Sonic Rio Olympics
    Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

GmGJj6gl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Plenty of time to enjoy them too, seeing as we aren't getting the NX until 2017 and there's only two more AAA games coming to the WiiU format
    Mario & Sonic Rio Olympics
    Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens
    FYP...
    And Paper Mario...

Isn't Mario Tennis on the way too?

Loved the Gamecube one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I've kind of lost interest in current gen Nintendo games and hardware. Usually when my Wii U gets powered up, its by mistake :0/
    Hopefully the NX will pull me back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've barely used my Wii U at all. Played through Windwaker, Shovel Knight and a Mario game last year and havent turned it on since.

Kind of feels like that generation of hardware is coming to an end before I've really gotten a chance to use it :eek:

The 3DS is to blame, I never put the thing down.

Mario Tennis is already out and is dazzling in it's ability to be utterly vanilla and not impressive in any way.
    If you've played another Mario Tennis game then you've played this one, only this is a little better looking.
    I'm enjoying Starfox Zero but Dark Souls 3 is getting in the way.
    Plus, there's a couple of big titles I haven't bought yet, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3 and Hyrule Warriors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

What's the feeling around here for Video Games Live, this Sunday in the Convention Centre Dublin? I went to both VGL and the Zelda concert last year and felt that VGL was much more enjoyable. Interaction with the crowd was positive and upbeat and there was decent variety in the music they selected for the show.

http://www.flavorus.com/event/IDIG-MUSIC-FESTIVAL-2016/294613
    It's on this weekend? :eek: Have I been living under a rock or was it just really under advertised this year?

Didn't go last year due to the price, I see it's still ridiculously expensive this year too.

Have a 50% code if anyone is interested in VGL tickets, hit me up on PM if interested.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The 3DS is to blame, I never put the thing down.

Which game(s) would you be playing most on it? Haven't bought a 3DS game in ages now.

Think I'll pick up that Nintendo Selects Donkey Kong for the Wii-U at the weekend, worth it at €25.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Which game(s) would you be playing most on it? Haven't bought a 3DS game in ages now.

Think I'll pick up that Nintendo Selects Donkey Kong for the Wii-U at the weekend, worth it at €25.

I'am currently enjoying bravely second, still have stella glow and hyrule legends sealed. Oh and persona q, never got back to that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »

At the moment I'm finishing up Xenoblade Chronicles and about to make my way through all the Phoenix Wright games.

I've never played any of them so am really looking forward to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've never played any of them so am really looking forward to it.

First is great, second one is ok, found myself stuck a lot in it. Stick with it though, both games feed into the third one.

The third game is just fantastic. Wraps up the whole trilogy in such a brilliant way and the main antagonist is one of the very best, so evil :)

The new Spidermen movie is pretty good.

I give it 3 and a half Electros out of 5.

DinoRex wrote: »
    The new Spidermen movie is pretty good.

I give it 3 and a half Electros out of 5.

Hmmm, Aunt May...

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

I hear she loves quirky, funny bald guys too.

Tomei-Seinfeld.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

When she realises her nephew hangs out with Iron Man
    tumblr_lfstp8ZKba1qbxuku.gif
    DinoRex wrote: »
    I hear she loves quirky, funny bald guys too.

Tomei-Seinfeld.jpg

Maybe not...
    tumblr_na14pexbum1qdsvybo1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Anyone use Ice, its a emulator frontend integrated into Steam ?

Anyone use Ice, its a emulator frontend integrated into Steam ?

Why, what's it got to do with Marisa Tomei?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

A question for you lads.

Any idea what a good price for a saturn console that has a modchip and region switch is? Looking for one at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Yet another Spectrum coming out, the Spectrum Next. Designed to look like the speccy plus it looks lovely (to me anyway). Depends on price whether it's worth it or not. I like it's supposedly going to be compatible with expansions from the real spectrum and open source.

I think it looks very smart, and just what I'd imagine an updated speccy to look like, probably because I only ever had the plus, didn't own a rubber key and the plus 2 is dead to me!

Light on detail as usual with these things.

http://www.specnext.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Yet another Spectrum coming out, the Spectrum Next. Designed to look like the speccy plus it looks lovely (to me anyway). Depends on price whether it's worth it or not. I like it's supposedly going to be compatible with expansions from the real spectrum and open source.

I think it looks very smart, and just what I'd imagine an updated speccy to look like, probably because I only ever had the plus, didn't own a rubber key and the plus 2 is dead to me!

Light on detail as usual with these things.

http://www.specnext.com

My opinion would be to just buy an older version but each to their own.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got a new ultra wide 3440x1440 ultra wide monitor today. I should be thinking about how dark souls 3 or the latest release will look on it but I'm more excited about how Darius burst will look. Not sure my 970 Gfx will push that amount of pixels anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Got a new ultra wide 3440x1440 ultra wide monitor today. I should be thinking about how dark souls 3 or the latest release will look on it but I'm more excited about how Darius burst will look. Not sure my 970 Gfx will push that amount of pixels anyway.
    And yet, you'll be complaining that you'll still see the black bars once you view The Hateful Eight on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

In hack news.........

WiiU cracked open for lazytown activities. Sources claim an unscrupulous leak but those on the inside admit they didnt want the big N to ram a burning pitchfork up their jacksie.

New system update on the way by Nintendo thinly veiled as improving stability :rolleyes:

:D:D:D:D:D

Hope alls well guys :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement