Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

What camera do you use for those (macro ?) shots Steve ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

Steve X2 wrote: »
    That new Raspberry Pi Zero arrived today.

Few pics next to a Pi 2.

ObKj8RS.jpg
    ErXMgXn.jpg

It's so small, it looks like an addon board for the Raspberry Pi 2 :)
    k3Y9Wd5.jpg

I never thought the Ultimaker served a second purpose, a decent light source for photography! Makes it well worth the money now! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

What camera do you use for those (macro ?) shots Steve ?

I just use the iPhone 6 and a steady hand for quick pics like these.
    Doge wrote: »
    I never thought the Ultimaker served a second purpose, a decent light source for photography! Makes it well worth the money now! :pac:

Yeah its actually handy for that sort of thing :)

do you ever get tempted at all the nice trinitrons \ crts going free (and cheap) on adverts ?
    I already have one that is just fine but the hoarder\collector part of me wants them.
    I 200% don't have room for them either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,557 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

airmax87 wrote: »
    do you ever get tempted at all the nice trinitrons \ crts going free (and cheap) on adverts ?
    I already have one that is just fine but the hoarder\collector part of me wants them.
    I 200% don't have room for them either.

Story of my life. :pac: I'd actively collect CRTs if I had the space.

Most I had was 10 at one point :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

o1s1n wrote: »
    Story of my life. :pac: I'd actively collect CRTs if I had the space.

Most I had was 10 at one point :eek:

Should we be collecting older LCD's as well?
    Will the newer ones be too good when we eventually need them?

eddhorse wrote: »
    Should we be collecting older LCD's as well?
    Will the newer ones be too good when we eventually need them?

No harm to have a few 4:3 LCD's actually, as they are slowly disappearing and handy for mods and such.

No harm to have a few 4:3 LCD's actually, as they are slowly disappearing and handy for mods and such.

Roger that man of multiples !

Some nice 20" Sony BVM's over on BB List UK at the moment. Pricey though, 200 sterling plus whatever shipping is required to here.

I've picked up a few from there and the shipping is usually 20-30 quid, or cheaper if they will ship to Parcel Motel in the north(you will have to pay the extra for over sized item of course).

• Advertisement

Some nice 20" Sony BVM's over on BB List UK at the moment. Pricey though, 200 sterling plus whatever shipping is required to here.

I've picked up a few from there and the shipping is usually 20-30 quid, or cheaper if they will ship to Parcel Motel in the north(you will have to pay the extra for over sized item of course).

I heard PVM's used to be wayyyyyyy cheaper a few years ago.
    Must be bloody hipsters writing buzzfeed articles on retro games driving the prices up no?

airmax87 wrote: »
    I heard PVM's used to be wayyyyyyy cheaper a few years ago.
    Must be bloody hipsters writing buzzfeed articles on retro games driving the prices up no?

PVM's are a good bit cheaper(and easier to find) than high end BVM's.
    Still, yeah the prices are on the up for both.

PVM's are a good bit cheaper(and easier to find) than high end BVM's.
    Still, yeah the prices are on the up for both.

Thank god were europeans though, with our scart n' that.
    Must be some hassle for americans to get RGB out of older consoles.

Master of the Universe

Composite/s video and 60hz games or pure scart but 50hz?

What a choice... I think I'd go with the American S video/60hz if I really had to choose just one.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Composite/s video and 60hz games or pure scart but 50hz?

What a choice... I think I'd go with the American S video/60hz if I really had to choose just one.

I don't actually mind 50hz, the only time it really affects me if its a fighting game

Master of the Universe

But the black bars man, the black bars! and the image is squished :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I remember originally starting posting here (may have been my first post here) about an arcade game I had played years ago that I could not remember the name of and some kind folk (can't remember exactly who it was) helped me find it as 'Mutant Fighter'. A not particularly great game but brought back a lot of memories playing it and one of the most satisfying arcade games to finish as it's tough as nails near the end. For some reason I never even checked if it had a console release and quite accidentally lately I came across that it actually had a Super Famicom release as 'Death Brade'

1051003585.jpg

306853_front.jpg

Unfortunately it seems a rather poor game with removed characters such as Dragon and Werewolf. For some reason the arcade that was near me always used to get these odd games that I never heard much about anywhere else. Anyone ever see this game back in the day?

So it begins....

Put my first ad ever up on adverts, nothing Retro related or anything.

Awaiting the offers of a bag of crisps, and used toilet roll....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

So it begins....

I dunno what it is, but I've an overwhelming urge to offer you half the asking with you footing the postage.

Should really clean the back room...

• Advertisement

eddhorse wrote: »
    Should really clean the back room...

Jaysus! Thats some commodore goodness right there!

So it begins....

Definitely been there awaiting such offers :o

I+know+that+feel+bro+my+favorite+genre+is+power+_18bdb0019af32e1a30b6bb668d227930.png

Anyone been using the new home delivery option on Parcel Motel? It basically makes your home address the motel, but you pay €7.95 instead of €3.95.
    If the price still works out well for you with UK deliveries its actually super handy.

I’m just wondering how it will be over the Xmas madness. Last year was a nightmare with stuff waiting for 1-2 weeks at their depot before eventually arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Have to drive past the my PM pickup point every day so no real advantage to me and more importantly the wife doesn't intercept the delivery :)

Ya probably not going to use PM after this week until Jan, last Xmas was a disaster.

Have to drive past the my PM pickup point every day so no real advantage to me and more importantly the wife doesn't intercept the delivery :)

Ya probably not going to use PM after this week until Jan, last Xmas was a disaster.

My GF is fully supportive of my madness :)

Yeah I'll not be getting anything sent there myself over the next month or so. I do have a few kickstarters that might be getting delivered to pmotel this month though. So will see how that goes :0/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Have one last package arriving tonight/tomorrow morning hopefully but that will be it this side of Christmas. I wouldn't bother with the home delivery service, local PM is only a few minutes away and you just have to look at the Parcel Wizard thread over in BA to see the sorts of issues folks are having getting stuff to their door. Too much hassle even if I'm here most of the time. PM haven't let me down yet either so happy to stick with them. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I used DPD's new parcel wizard service the other week and it was good. Same idea as PM offering a UK address but they only deliver to your house. There's also 3 free uses for any new members.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Picked up the very last copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X in the local Smyths today, seems most Gamestops aren't even stocking it. Might just be a future rarity.

What's everyone's opinion on re-sellers on Adverts, Donedeal etc? I mean the type who buys something off someone on the site and puts it up for sale the very same day they pick it up for much more. I don't really mean those who buy something and a bit down the line want to sell it again or are forced to sell it.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    What's everyone's opinion on re-sellers on Adverts, Donedeal etc? I mean the type who buys something off someone on the site and puts it up for sale the very same day they pick it up for much more. I don't really mean those who buy something and a bit down the line want to sell it again or are forced to sell it.

Not seen many to be honest, low lifes if they do, any examples?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement