Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Myrddin wrote: »
    That's a shame, tickets for this were pricey weren't they?

They were. I paid more for this than the 2015 or 2008 VGL show. Kicking myself now. I may never play another Zelda game again...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wow, given the fanboy/girl nature of the audience, and I mean that in the most admirable way possible, you'd have imagined they'd have made more of an effort.
    Sorry you were disappointed.

The upcoming Irish themed LoZ album by Eimear Noone will be played at Irish date to promote it, perhaps that'll be a better bet for fans of the games.

http://idigmusicfest.com/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/songsofzelda/eimear-noone-presents-songs-of-zelda-a-link-to-the

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I get the feeling VGL is more like a rock concert with Tommy Tellerico really getting the crowd going. It's actually pretty unique when it comes to classical videogame concerts, most others are played like a traditional classical music concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sketch lads, Myrddin's an Admin now...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Probably would have went along to the Zelda concert but had a different gig to go to last night. Not a big fan of the clip shows accompanying that sort of event though, just let the music do its own job. Zelda music is good enough for that. Think the videos don't do much more than distract the audience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Was at the Zelda shindig last night. It was a bit laboured at points, it was the last night of the tour and all, but the giddy atmosphere up my end of the audience made up for it somewhat. It was kinda cool witnessing this gaming phenomena that cuts across so many generations seamlessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Star Lord wrote: »
    Sketch lads, Myrddin's an Admin now...

The power....

It-s-over-9000-its-over-9000-29849302-496-370.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The power....

Does this mean you have to wear a shirt and tie?
    Or, at least pants?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Does this mean you have to wear a shirt and tie?
    Or, at least pants?

Little known fact ... admins typically wear thongs* crafted from the hides of miscreants, and nothing else ... pants are for little people.

*may not be 100% true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

The power....

Admin: Creepy And Mysterious

Yep, suits him to a tee! :pac:

plz no ban

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

So I went and did it anyway. In a fit of madness in the early hours I bought a Famicom Titler! It should arrive within 2 weeks depending on the shipping from Japan. So I’ll have it for Christmas anyway.

I think this is the last big thing I’ll be getting for a while, at least until I move house in the coming months.

Now, time for the regret to kick in :0/

^^ Oooh a Titler, very nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone else experience this when they hear of a Titler?

V7yH0.jpg

No? Just me? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Steve X2 wrote: »
    So I went and did it anyway. In a fit of madness in the early hours I bought a Famicom Titler! It should arrive within 2 weeks depending on the shipping from Japan. So I’ll have it for Christmas anyway.

I think this is the last big thing I’ll be getting for a while, at least until I move house in the coming months.

Wait... you only got one of them?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Wait... you only got one of them?

Yeah, I'm poor now so only get two of everything every second purchase, and i got two bottles of wine last night before buying this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

o1s1n wrote: »
    Anyone else experience this when they hear of a Titler?

V7yH0.jpg

No? Just me? :pac:
    A-cup Titler?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Steve X2 wrote: »

Congrats! It's on my list, I almost snatched one a month ago that ended at around €400 boxed on eBay.

Post pics when you get it :pac:

On other news, I bricked my GP2X F100 last night while attempting to upgrade to FW 4.0 :(

Looks salvageable though... crap!

Tchoin wrote: »
    Congrats! It's on my list, I almost snatched one a month ago that ended at around €400 boxed on eBay.

Post pics when you get it :pac:

On other news, I bricked my GP2X F100 last night while attempting to upgrade to FW 4.0 :(

Looks salvageable though... crap!

400!! Jasus that's bargain price.
    The one I went for in the end is boxed and minty so the price was a bit mental.
    Plenty of pics when it arrives :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

"Mega Drive".

Also, that last bit was oddly...cavernous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

DinoRex wrote: »
    [font=Proxima, sans-serif]"And when GBF loses his title, the character literally explodes, unlike Plaintiff."
    [/font]

Bahahahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I get the feeling VGL is more like a rock concert with Tommy Tellerico really getting the crowd going. It's actually pretty unique when it comes to classical videogame concerts, most others are played like a traditional classical music concert.

I found the VGL thing a bit wanky with all that staged stuff where they get the same guy up from the audience to play guitar hero at each show.

And the selection of music is pretty hit and miss too.

With Zelda every piece of music is excellent. Don't think the audience were too used to a classical concert though... lots of talking during the performance which was pretty annoying. Also a bunch of gob****es groaning and sighing whenever Windwaker came on as they obviously thought it was Zelda for babies or something.

But was great to hear that music performed live having grown up with Zelda games over the past 30 years. But as Johnny said, the big screen isn't needed and especailly detracted from things when it broke down.

Also it loses points for no Wand of Gamelon....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Do PAL SNES games fit inside the super famicom?
    Can only find info for the other way around.

airmax87 wrote: »

They fit (assuming you mean PAL Snes?)...but they won't work without either an import adapter or modding the console itself (region mod)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

airmax87 wrote: »

Yep they do grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Saturn question.

Do PAL games ran on a PAL Saturn which has been modded for 60hz run the exact same as the NTSC game on an NTSC system?

Or were the NTSC games specifically optimised further?

Saturn question.

Do PAL games ran on a PAL Saturn which has been modded for 60hz run the exact same as the NTSC game on an NTSC system?

Or were the NTSC games specifically optimised further?

Unless they've been PAL optimised, then yes, they should run fine at 60Hz.

Any PAL games played at 60 Hz on a modded Saturn are sped up to the NTSC speed and run fine. There's a few exceptions though, Sega unlike Nintendo actually has some respect for Europe so a few of their internal games are PAL optimised. Panzer Dragoon Zwei is the only one I found to be optimised, most of my other games are US and Japanese. Zwei runs with the top and bottom of the image cut off on my modded console.

Panzer Dragoon Saga on the other hand runs better in NTSC mode, there's some bugs with the PAL version meaning some effects are cut out in 50 Hz mode.

• Advertisement

Any PAL games played at 60 Hz on a modded Saturn are sped up to the NTSC speed and run fine. There's a few exceptions though, Sega unlike Nintendo actually has some respect for Europe so a few of their internal games are PAL optimised. Panzer Dragoon Zwei is the only one I found to be optimised, most of my other games are US and Japanese. Zwei runs with the top and bottom of the image cut off on my modded console.

Panzer Dragoon Saga on the other hand runs better in NTSC mode, there's some bugs with the PAL version meaning some effects are cut out in 50 Hz mode.
    Your console doesn't happen to have a switch to select between PAL and NTSC, or is that ever possible?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement