Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Gonna set aside some time at the weekend to read some more shows and hopefully post my second. I got a new job recently and it's reduced my free time by a fair bit

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Shows Ive read so far :

MNG Show overview/ 1/2 :
    Great so far, but i wouldn’t expect any less. Your story telling is excellent and always a pleasure to read. Great use of Ms Kanye and she is being used perfectly. Rey and Sin Cara is very realistic and very easy to imagining happening in the current WWE. The Dynamite King storyline / who dunnit was brilliant and i personally didn’t see it coming which is hard to pull off, so bravo. The Von Erichs remind me of a wrestling version of the Dukes of hazard in MNG. Austin written ...well like Austin and the whole angle seems so natural.

Raf32 Show overview/1 /2:
    Great use of Hogan and Savage and delighted Savage was the good guy and not Hogan, as Hogan is much easier to hate. The use of Big Johnny is a perfect representation of him and he works well with what you have going. Looking forward to Rude and Venis’s future appearances. Had great fun with Rude and hes great to write for. Great use of Bundy and ‘Mr imperfect’ too, I think you’re doing abetter job than WWE have been with Axel as of late.

Campo show 1 :
    Interesting first show, great use of the Russians against Warrior. Bob Sapp v Mizark seems natural and has potential. Wonder what will happen with Henning Hall Nash and Kennedy, I smell a swerve.

Shag :
    A Great roster and Im wondering how it will all shape up with Devitt and the Bullet Club. After last years Flair v Cena feud, MY PERSONAL FAV FROM LAST YEAR, I look forward to Va Voom.
    BrianRegen show 1:
    Very controversial beginning I must say. Great use of Shane, had a great time with him last year. The tournament had some great match ups. I smell Ziggler in a blood bath, as it is very easy to visualise with his bright blonde hair and I wonder if its on the cards. I wonder what will happen with Brock. Hassan is a heat magnet and a guy I would love to write for.

Walt : over view:
    Surprised at the route you took TBH in relation to your feuds. I assumed it be Bret v Randy and happy to see it not on your show as I think Dusty v Randy has more mileage. The Hart Foundation v The Freebirds can be epic as Hayes is a great guy who I’d love to write for. The Cornette v Russo angle is a cool idea and looking forward to how its executed by the time the PPV is round.

Moneymaker Overview :
    Your tag team division sticks out, 3 great teams square off, on paper only 1 winner personally, so up to you to write well and make me question that :) . Looking forward to how you use Omega (hes one of my boys). Cena v Pillman has huge potential. Pillman is a hoot to read.

Brad MaddoxGuy show 1:
    Tyson as owner!!! Well its a great unorthodox use of Iron Mike. Lashley v Shamrock is money and a battle of former MMA stars can easily be entertaining. Ambrose is a great character (i had him last year), him and Foley is just natural. Love the Scooby do punches :
    )

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Raf:
    Sometimes in wrestling swerves or surprises are not the way to go and your show is a perfect example of this imo. Ryback vs Goldberg and Macho Man vs Hogan were the obvious route to go and yet they are great and imo you have done them brilliantly with your Macho never having pinned Hogan and the match to beat Goldbergs streak being against Goldberg. Bundy vs Thesz is also a money feud especially with the power of Big Johnny, Jimmy Hart and your Raf character behind it. The rest of your card may not be as big with regards names but is a good read with Rude in particular standing out.

Beaker:
    very interesting take on the HBK character, really like the dynamic between him and Jake. Vince bringing back the kiss my ass club was great especially with the added betrayl meaning it was all done for naught this is the perfect/typical heel who deserves his ass kicked by the persecuted face angle. Actually reading your show its hard to believe you almost traded away Vince, used so well. It is of course just an extension of his WWE character but I love Tyson Kid on your show. The McGuinness stuff seems well written but its harder to get into cos I have honestly never seen Thatcher compete before. Might have seen the Owen swerve coming but I still enjoyed it and think Enzo filled his role perfectly.... I think you might be one of the favourites due to how your handling your 2 main angles but lets see how things develop

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll look to give some feedback soon. Been working on my show three the past while.

Anyone here any good at Spanish? I'm looking for a Spanish translation of 'You are no friend of mine' if anyone knows that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I'll look to give some feedback soon. Been working on my show three the past while.

Anyone here any good at Spanish? I'm looking for a Spanish translation of 'You are no friend of mine' if anyone knows that?

Pretty sure its: Tu no eres amigo mio.

• Advertisement

Raf32 -
    I continue to like how you portray Rude as a real sleazeball. I liked the way you handled Laurinaitus as well and coming out to Macho's music to annoy the fans was simple yet effective. I thought Macho Man's promo felt authentic and there was a sensible angle to build for the next show at the end. I also got a kick out of Ryback hitting Goldberg with his own moves; that would piss off a lot of Goldberg fans. :pac:

BH -
    Very well written shows as I expected. I think I enjoyed show 2 the most although both were fun reads. The highlight for me was Nakamura crashing the Punk press conference which was really well done and I could visualise the furore that would cause. I actually thought you would do Punk vs Tanahashi, but you're set for a great match either way. Jesse Ventura is also proving great fun and I'm interested to see how you handle that bout. Also popped for the references to last year. All in all a very strong start by BWA.

beakerjoe -
    I like this direction you're going with HBK feeling abandoned; very interesting and with a lot of potential behind it. The segment with Vince - this is one of the best segments I've read in the game. The way you handled that was top notch. What I thought would happen is that Vince would instruct Morgan and Abyss to beat up Jeff in order to keep their jobs, but the swerve that it was all a ruse and they worked for Vince was even better. Great stuff. Interested to see what Shannon does next also. The skit with the Outlaws made me laugh, and the end segment was a money segment. You've actually raised your standards from last year and that's saying something as last year you were terrific.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

First show up..... I forgot how tough they can be

pick up and I feel like I could of picked about 10 great picks but only Barry fitted my storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Just made it under the 24 hour rule had to go with my second pick

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Pick made pm sent not 100% sure if he's been drafted yet!

• Advertisement

I like that pick, walt. Very clever. I felt you'd find it tougher than probably everyone having to deal with 'U' but you pulled off a great pick there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I fancy picking an intergender tag team next but I think they are not allow.

They have had a lengthy reign with a quite prominent world tag title fighting exclusive against guys. Would maybe this twist the rules a bit if I was to pick them?

Think inter-gender tags are specifically mentioned as a no no in the OP of the other thread. Not saying I think that should or shouldnt be the case or whatever but I think atm it's there

Was going to use my tag team quota to draft Joey with Candice LeRae as part of the World Cutest Tag Team (PWG Tag Champs).

Will do it maybe later if Lord TSC OKs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I like that pick, walt. Very clever. I felt you'd find it tougher than probably everyone having to deal with 'U' but you pulled off a great pick there.

Thanks man, wasn't too keen on picking him originally, but I now have a storyline in mind that just makes too much sense to pass up!

The music that I had Kim Kardashian and Bischoff dance to on my Show #1 was the music Carl Frampton used as his entrance music earlier. :pac:

A great fighter but terrible taste in music.

On another note I'm working on my third show at the minute and it's starting to resemble War and Peace. Quite worried now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

The music that I had Kim Kardashian and Bischoff dance to on my Show #1 was the music Carl Frampton used as his entrance music earlier. :pac:

A great fighter but terrible taste in music.

On another note I'm working on my third show at the minute and it's starting to resemble War and Peace. Quite worried now.

I have my 4th show basically done but waiting on others to catch up, at this rate my PPV be done in a week

My week 3 show is up and I'll link to it here as the evaluation thread is getting very clogged now...

Week 3 Show

It was getting way too long so I cut a big piece involving Rey. I'll save that for the next one.

Feedback is welcome. I'll give some to those I've missed soon. For now, sleep.

Crap guys I thought sure I had put my pick up yesterday, my bad.

I've PMed Lebow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I need to start on my 4th show although i'm not 100% on where to go

• Advertisement

Show 3 up. Hope everyone likes it. Time to start reading other shows. Will have feedback up within the hour or so hopefully.

Campo Show 3:
    Eddie vs Chavo can be a great match to watch. Chavo was never really booked strong even though he was a great worker and he and Eddie could easily be a great match up. Loved the old throw back WWF promo of the Warrior, simple yet effective and very nostalgic. Wondering whats going on with Kennedy and Perfect, im sure answers are coming as we go forward.

Raf 32 :
    first thing I noticed was Hogan ragging on Macho about his marridge..... thats rich hahaha. Hogan is so easily hated and Macho is equally loved these days so its a natural pairing both being perfect heels and faces respectively. The record angle with Goldberg and Ryback gives a nice edge to their feud and makes you want to see it more and gives more doubt to a Goldberg victory. Its ironic that Cody and joe are in your fed and their fathers are in campos. Bundy and Jimmy Hart booked very cleverly, esp Hart. The mega Plowers is a genius name and its easy to imagine Rude and them feuding like they have. Overall Im very impressed and your shows have been a pleasure to read so far.

Uncie Walt :
    Sabu versus Brody is an easy feud to imagine and one that writes itself. Loved the line about Sabu being suicidal after Brody is finished with him, top notch. The story of Russo vs Cornette is teh spine of your show and ive loved how it lets the show flow which is important, and something i don’t think I pull off well myself, very jealous of that skill. Its something you and MNG do so well.. Loved Dustys promo on Randy, it all is written quite well and natural for Dusty to say, Dusty comes across like teh perfect Legend for Randy to ’kill’.

Spongey :
    Firstly,. Layla and Roode are brilliant, very well written and easily great heel couple. Hunters character is intriguing and could easily be Jake Roberts in that role. Looking forward to how things continue for the Drunk king of Kings. Sheamus as the tough a snails heel is a good fit and looking forward to whats in store for him after being booked so strong. Pamela Andersons angle is very Vince esque and with all this give Divas a chance business in wrestling at the min, its perfect timing for your feud.

Brian Regan :
    As said above, love the use of the Xmen theme, its a great touch (cant get it out of my head though now), supposed thats a good thing). Dont know how I feel about Jackman in a title match, esp a ladder match at the PPV, but Ive liked everything so far and if booked correctly it can be entertaining. Lesnar losing was a surprise, though Hassan winning is a big up side. Him v Dolph should be interesting. Your ladder match is shaping up nicely and Del Rio v Juvi has potential with Daddy del Rio added to the mix. Good work

Bounty Hunter Show 1 :
    The MNG invasion of sorts is a nice touch (unintentional at first i imagine. Vader v Inoki is a natural feud and Vader looked impressive in his first appearance. Vaders a great monster who has ruined by WWE so its great to see him booked strong. Love love love Ventura, hes written so true to life its scary, good job. The head shaving angle was done well, and leaves me wondering whats in store with Nakamura and his SES like cult figure hes building. I really have no idea whats in store in relation to Punk and himself, but Im itching to find out. Not much for Tanahashi, but knowing you, you have something up your sleeve. So far, same old BH (By which i mean a great show!!!)

Bounty Hunter Show 2 :
    As soon as im finished writing I discover you’ve show 2 up, so here goes. Ha. Ok so Joe versus either Kenta or Misawa can be a great feud and one that will be very strong style. Its a match that is a dream bout so well done in that respect. A slow build so far and i look forward to more. Vader and Inoki moves forward nicely, again love how Vader is booked. Like a true Brock Lesnar type beast that he should be. The tie in with the UFC is a great piece of writing and will allow Punk and Ronda to join seamlessly with tons of street cred and anticipation. Nakamuras Punk like copy cat angle is very intriguing. Ill admit Ive yet to check out American Sniper but I want to watch it more after reading Venturas promo. Jesse is a great character and Hes probably my fav so far in all the draft (theres a few contenders). Himself and Rhonda work so seamlessly and a great segment , so bravo BH.

ConMan :
    Your show is like a freak show with its roster of odd balls. Im a Bo Dallas fan so like him going over Kane very cheaply. Whats happening to Matt , im very intrigued about how hes booked going forward and your take on him is very interesting to say the least. Looking forward to whats happens with the wyatts as your show goes fourth and liked the beat down of poor D-lo.

MNG show 3:
    Ill be honest with you MNG, you have a way of writing that just draws you in and makes you imagine it so easily. Very good third show and the use of characters on your show is nothing short of brilliance. Each character is very believable and can be imagined so easily in real life. The Dynamite Kings emergence is a master stroke. Hes a great bad guy and one that could easily have a great match with anyone. He naturally has a chip on his shoulder so his character in MNG is spot on and easy to portray. Davey Boys firing was well written and great use of Marty Jones. I know you complained about it being long, but it didn’t seem so and it was a great read. Austins interview with JR was how you’d expect it in real life and adds extra flames to the feuds fire. Austin as the knight is typical SCSA and it played out wonderfully. Paige and her mum is a well written piece and could easily be a top feud. I guess MNG gives divas a chance . Rikishi and Kim are a natural fit and im hoping she gets a stink face at some point!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

First show is done!

Really appreciate the feedback Beaker, will try to get to the 3/4 or so shows I havent read and commented on soon and im working on my own show 3 & 4 now... have a feeling my PPV might be a wrestlekingdom style marathon of wrestling looking at the card ive done up so far... maybe 9 different matches atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Just a by the by suggestion if everyone wanted to link there own shows ala MNG that would make life for me a hell of a lot easier. Nightmare trying to follow one posters shows scrolling through so much literature from anyones first show to second, third etc.

Maybe when someone is done with all theres up to the go home one they could post here linking them as single posts? Just an idea and it would be good to read or re-read all shows belong to a particular poster prior to taking in their ppv show!

Meh maybe I'm just being pedantic but I think it would be a good way to pimp out your show and it may encourage other non draft participants to read your stuff.

Thoughts?

Meant to do this earlier Kankan ....

Preview / Overview : here

Show 1 : here

Show 2 : here

Show 3 : here

connemara man -
    I liked the Attitude Era feel of your show. I'm curious to see what happens with Taker and I like that you're playing off of what happened to him last year at Mania. Matt looks like an interesting character too and with some personal demons from the looks of it. Rowan and Harper were put over strong at the end with the title change. Overall I was left wanting to see what happens next so a job well done.

beakerjoe -
    Loved that opening angle with Vince and Jeff. It made Jeff very sympathetic and made Vince look like such a bastard. I think Vince has been one of the best characters of the Draft. On this show he was like an evil Robert Redford. Karen is proving a very useful pick too, as is Horowitz who fits your storyline great; I'm interested to see what Shannon does next. I also liked Owen playing the peacemaker which was believable and effective and HBK driving Jake nuts and taking Damien was a clever way to progress that angle. A great show which was a joy to read.

thebostoncrab -
    Must be great fun writing for such a pool of talent. I enjoyed the tournament and Sasha and Sable look like being big players with their Diva philosophy. Lita's annoyance with AJ was intriguing and a match involving those two would be must-see stuff. I liked the ending of the show too with the veteran vs rookie story. Very curious to see who makes the final of the tournament as there's some good options available. Overall a strong start and as expected this roster has a unique identity and feel to it which makes for enjoyable reading. One to watch, me thinks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

PM sent for Brian to Bounty Hunter

Cheers man, Mrk who is up now pmd too. The draft is reaching it's last legs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I hate to be that guy but I think Billy Kidman was already picked?

Advertisement