Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's okay BH, I'm around. I'll have my pick up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I should hopefully have my first show and some feedback on everyone's shows so far up tonight fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I should hopefully have my first show and some feedback on everyone's shows so far up tonight fingers crossed!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Damn you MNG

I wanted Konnan.

Thinking round 15 would be a stip round and i couldn't get both i literally flipped a coin over him or maxine. Would have gone for Konnan if i knew then that we would have a round 16 with the stip.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sorry for the delay tbh not sure who to pick

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay tbh not sure who to pick

I had the same problem, ended up just picking the first Wrestler I thought of this morning.

Again sorry for the delay, LWE welcomes Solomon Crowe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Pretty sure he's still available
    Well pm sent anyway

I like that Ivory pick. I'm curious whether tbc will utilise her in her RTC persona. She was quite underrated in that role when she did it. Her attire was hilarious back then.

Also forgot to comment on the pick of Gene and Ole Anderson. I had them on my list and I think they represent great value for A Brad Maddox Guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I like that Ivory pick. I'm curious whether tbc will utilise her in her RTC persona. She was quite underrated in that role when she did it. Her attire was hilarious back then.

Also forgot to comment on the pick of Gene and Ole Anderson. I had them on my list and I think they represent great value for A Brad Maddox Guy.

TBH I'm not sure yet. I had all my plans set for 20 women, but now that we are getting an extra pick I'm going to rejig a few feuds. Glad I decided to leave writing everything up until all my picks were made (Bar my main events, they are staying the same)

• Advertisement

With regards Round 16, I dunno if LTSC has any plan in place yet for the round but I had an idea that would be sort of like a combination of a picking for others round but would be a bit screwy as well.

What would happen is we would each make a pick, and then select a number between 1 and 20. At the end of the round LTSC would jumble up all the twenty names and you would get assigned the pick based on the number you chose.

A downside would be you'd have very poor odds on getting who you want (tho I guess you could try trading for someone at the conclusion of the round)

If there is an idea already in place then this idea can be disregarded. Also if it's unpopular. :pac:

With regards Round 16, I dunno if LTSC has any plan in place yet for the round but I had an idea that would be sort of like a combination of a picking for others round but would be a bit screwy as well.

What would happen is we would each make a pick, and then select a number between 1 and 20. At the end of the round LTSC would jumble up all the twenty names and you would get assigned the pick based on the number you chose.

A downside would be you'd have very poor odds on getting who you want (tho I guess you could try trading for someone at the conclusion of the round)

If there is an idea already in place then this idea can be disregarded. Also if it's unpopular. :pac:

I like this idea as have no idea myself who to pick for next round :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Crap didn't know I was up.

Will fire my guy up now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Crap didn't know I was up.

Will fire my guy up now.

Sorry I thought I mailed you..

I wouldn't know who to pick in the next round so a bit whacky is cool with me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Sorry I thought I mailed you..

I wouldn't know who to pick in the next round so a bit whacky is cool with me

You had. I just didn't log in. My bad.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    You had. I just didn't log in. My bad.

Sure no harm really :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

MNG: personally I really like your reveal of
    Dynamite as the masked man and the Dynamite King moniker, your writing could change things but I dunno if people will see him vs SCSA as big a deal as some other main events although the fact that the people involved in the draft are not exactly casual.fans and will appreciate dynamites ability should help.
    . The rest will be built really well.too as the KOTR story gave your other competitors legit rivalries with each other.

WECWF: actually like the route you've gone with your main event despite it not being what most predicted it leaves your tag feud being more interesting IMO and should lead to better main event promos. The Gm dynamic and storyline will be one that distinguish you from others and I def like it so far

USCW: this one has really stood out so far for me and is an early front runner and I continue to like what you've done with hogan , Rude etc (although we still have to see from lots of other feds) I think you nailed how you wrote your RAF character in the most recent show (esp how he introduced Thez ) as you did big johnny previously and I'm curious to see who they draw next time

Sponge: strong first show which I'll need to read more of but I'm intrigued by HHHs charactet , what you have in mind for AJ and Sheamus considering his involvement in both title scenes on that show.

Once I'm back from the trip I'm on I hope to put up my first few shows

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pretty sure the Hollys hadn't been picked yet...

Lord TSC wrote: »

That's some value at this stage!!

MNG: personally I really like your reveal of
    Dynamite as the masked man and the Dynamite King moniker, your writing could change things but I dunno if people will see him vs SCSA as big a deal as some other main events although the fact that the people involved in the draft are not exactly casual.fans and will appreciate dynamites ability should help.
    . The rest will be built really well.too as the KOTR story gave your other competitors legit rivalries with each other.
    I see where you're coming from and I sort of touched on this in my show 2 (and it will be part of the storyline for Dynamite). I agree the match on paper might not be quite as sexy as other main events (or indeed the one I had last year), but I think as a pure wrestling match it should be one of the best in the game. Plus I've plenty of things in mind to build up Dynamite and hopefully the more casual fans will be eager to see the outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94387013&postcount=24

Show 3 up finally , This one took me bloody ages, as i tore it up figuratively a few times and restarted , Let me know what ya think guys

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

great pick by spongey, al snow was one guy I really had a good storyline for myself. Changed by mind once his tag partner I had pegged for him was picked before I got a chance. Maybe next year, look forward to how you use him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Al Snow's a really good pick, I'd imagine he's a lot of fun to write for. Though I was hoping Spongey would pick somebody else just so it'd make my choice a bit easier. Torn between 2; a relatively big name & 1 who I liked & think could have been a big name had attention not been drawn to a comment he made.

Raf32 - A fun read and I'm especially enjoying the Goldberg/Ryback build. I thought you handled that very nicely. The power struggle storyline is also progressing well and Hogan vs Thesz should be a good one next week. Rude I bet is a lot of fun to write for too. He's one of the guys I'd love to use.

walt - I really like the idea of the roster guys having to choose a side. Such a great and simple idea and yet I can't recall it being done before. This should give you great options going forward. The main event route is not the one I expected but it's just as good if not better; and Bret in a tag role is again I think a new take on things. Very impressed with this show and as I figured, you definitely look like you'll be a contender.

Spongey - A very Attitude Era style feel to this which I liked, and Pamela's character seems interesting and could cause conflict. The Triple H character is the one that stood out and I'm keen to see where the story leads with him. I liked who got the win in the Battle Royal too; and I think Layla and Roode is shaping up to be a great combo as well. I also think you will be right up there in the mix.

brianregan - A lot of action and excitement in this episode. A lot of the finishes were surprising too and I like that you're getting behind
    Hassan
    who is someone that's tended to be overlooked for a main event spot; I'm sort of in a similar boat by pushing someone that's not often been viewed as a main eventer and I like the way you've gone about it. Interested to see what happens to Brock now. Also liked Blacman's honest promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Lord TSC wrote: »

Great value. I had a look at the rosters over a week ago and couldn't believe they hadn't been picked! Didn't want to mention it here though in case someone was holding out for them and I'd ruin their plans! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Just catching up on the evaluation thread will have my first review up in next couple of days.
    Expect eamon dunphy or george hook levels of arrogance in my review and heads may begin to roll(maybe not).
    The standard is very good so far as usual.

Pick made and PM sent.... Im sure ill find use for her

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

First BWA show is up. Feedback would be really appreciated.

No Abdullah The Butcher, Sheiky, Ronda Rousey, Dan Severn or Gorgeous George yet but don't worry I have plans for them already written in for show 2 & 3 but didn't want to have far far too much in show 1.

Almost time for the last / bonus rd 16, wonder what the stip will be. I have everyone I need but there is one type of pick ill make should the stip allow it.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Pick made and PM sent.... Im sure ill find use for her

Interesting pick in Karen (Angle) Jarrett, is this her debut in the draft

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Interesting pick in Karen (Angle) Jarrett, is this her debut in the draft

No idea, but with her and Jarrett an item, things will get mighty difficult im sure :)

Advertisement