Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

That's a pretty incredible 14th round pick from BH...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    That's a pretty incredible 14th round pick from BH...

Yeah the value is hard to believe. I had somebody I wouldn't imagine anyone would draft earmarked for a role simply cos they would fit it well and def be available but tbh Inoki fits it even better, is a huge name and was still available now so it was a no brainer especially when he can bring with him a tag team partner who will fill another storyline position nicely even if barely anyone knows too much about him.

The Anvil makes sense for yourself considering you already have Bret and all

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

pick up and PM sent, I can now post my first show!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Yeah the value is hard to believe. I had somebody I wouldn't imagine anyone would draft earmarked for a role simply cos they would fit it well and def be available but tbh Inoki fits it even better, is a huge name and was still available now so it was a no brainer especially when he can bring with him a tag team partner who will fill another storyline position nicely even if barely anyone knows too much about him.

The Anvil makes sense for yourself considering you already have Bret and all
    If I remember correctly Inoki has gone almost every year in the pre 70s round and quite quickly too.. Yeah the Anvi is an obvious but still very important pick, dreading this final round because this final pick is probably my most important!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Pick made PM sent
    those last few picks flew by

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Not to be a buzzkill BH but isnt that your 6th tag team?

Not to be a buzzkill BH but isnt that your 6th tag team?

Tanahashi/Nakamura
    Misaw/Kobashi
    Abdullah The Butcher/The Sheik
    Jerry Brisco/Pat Patterson
    Antonio Inoki/Seiji Sakguchi

I know what you mena about the last round Walt esp after what TSC said

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Pick made and PM sent, I was suprised the were not grabbed earlier

Also any feedback on my latest show

I shall be giving some feedback on others soon

campo wrote: »
    Pick made and PM sent, I was suprised the were not grabbed earlier

Also any feedback on my latest show

I shall be giving some feedback on others soon

actually meant to do that earlier

MNG: surprised you had Austin stunner Kim so early as I was expecting a build to that but a great moment for a really good first show which does jsut feel like your previous efforts and they were winners.

Campo: Card taking shape for your PPV nicely, wish I could do the match graphics like you. I guess we will be getting mister vs mister too which I must say I did not expect. curious about your main event though as the focus so far seems to be on the tag titles and Eddie's legends title not the WHC.

USCW: I like the dynamic you have going with Big Johnnie and the mega plowers and Rude i'll admit do make me laugh, Goldberg vs Ryback is a logical direction to go although that giant picture of them did kinda make the whole post a bit messy having to scroll to the right to read most things. Pairing Hart with Bundy is a good move imo but especially considering how the show ends, a nice little heel stable methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Jesus BH, that's a bloody amazing combo pick to get at round 14!! So much you could do with both men!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Thanks for the feedback BH, i regretted putting that picture in straight away but wanted to show some visual representation of it!haha

Will have feedback on all shows tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Tanahashi/Nakamura
    Misaw/Kobashi
    Abdullah The Butcher/The Sheik
    Jerry Brisco/Pat Patterson
    Antonio Inoki/Seiji Sakguchi

Sorry, had it in my notes that you drafted the Midnight Express as well, my notes must be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

actually meant to do that earlier

MNG: surprised you had Austin stunner Kim so early as I was expecting a build to that but a great moment for a really good first show which does jsut feel like your previous efforts and they were winners.

Campo: Card taking shape for your PPV nicely, wish I could do the match graphics like you. I guess we will be getting mister vs mister too which I must say I did not expect. curious about your main event though as the focus so far seems to be on the tag titles and Eddie's legends title not the WHC.

USCW: I like the dynamic you have going with Big Johnnie and the mega plowers and Rude i'll admit do make me laugh, Goldberg vs Ryback is a logical direction to go although that giant picture of them did kinda make the whole post a bit messy having to scroll to the right to read most things. Pairing Hart with Bundy is a good move imo but especially considering how the show ends, a nice little heel stable methinks

Cheers BH, I put focus on Tag Titles and Legends Title for 2 reason really

1) Unlike the WWE I wanted to showcase that each title in my federation was an important title to hold
    2) Well that will be explained in my next show but basically I wanted to do a swerve that audience may not have seen coming

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hit a brick wall with regards Writing going to get going again on Show 3 tomorow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,732 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC: The Rock, Batista, The Miz & John Morrison, Jack Swagger, Ron Simmons, Shawn Daivari, LAX aka Homicide & Hernandez, Kofi Kingston & R-Truth, Roddy Piper, Charlie Sheen, Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch, Zeb Coutler, The Great Khali

Mr.Nice Guy: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith, Rey Mysterio and Mistico aka Sin Cara, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard aka The Brainbusters, Paige & Sweet Saraya, Kerry Von Erich, Tyler Breeze, Eric Bischoff, Nick Bockwinkel, Kim Kardashian, Rikishi, Jim Ross, Bayley, David & Kevin Von Erich

Raf32: Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Goldberg, Ryback & Curtis Joe Hennig, Rick Rude & King Kong Bundy, Brie & Nikki Bella, Val Venis, Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins, Jimmy Hart, John Laurinaitis, Twin Towers aka Big Bossman & Akeem , Cody Hall, Buff Bagwell, Lou Thesz

thebostoncrab: Trish Stratus & Lita, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, Natalya & Beth Phoenix, Emma & Charlotte Flair, Victoria, Gail Kim, Mickie James, Awesome Kong, Bull Nakano, Havok, Sable, Sasha Banks, Sara Del Rey

beakerjoe: HBK, Jake Roberts, Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett, Vince McMahon, New Age Outlaws aka Billy Gunn & Road Dogg, Hart Dynasty aka Tyson Kidd & Harry Smith, Nigel McGuinness, Magnum TA, Matt Morgan & Abyss,Midnight Express aka Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane, Shane Helms, Enzo Amore, Timothy Thatcher, Shannon Moore

Jester252: Ric Flair, Diamond Dallas Page, Scott & Rick Steiner, William Regal & Tajiri, Booker T, William Regal & Tajiri, Tommy Dreamer & Sandman, Paul London & Brian Kendrick, Heath Slater & Titus O'Neill, Buddy Rogers, Raven Symone, Shad Gaspard, Ezekiel Jackson, David Otunga, Sherri Martel

Uncle Walt: Bret Hart, Randy Orton, Rob Van Dam & Sabu, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy, Bruiser Brody, Justin Credible & Lance Storm, Hayabusa & Masato Tanaka, Eliminators aka Perry Saturn & John Kronus, Dusty Rhodes, Colt Cabana, Jim Cornette, The Honky Tonk Man, Vince Russo, Jim Neidhart

ShagNasti: Prince Devitt, Sting, Keiji Mutoh & Masahiro Chono, Lex Luger, Rusev, The Big Show, Rick Martel, Andre The Giant, Sylvester Stallone, Lana, Bad Luck Vale & Tama Tonga, Rene Dupree, The Vaudevillains aka Aiden English & Simon Gotch, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson

lebowskilite: Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mike Awesome, Test & Albert, Stephanie McMahon, Carlos Colón Snr, Justin Gabriel, Hunico & Kalisto aka Lucha Dragons, Chyna, KaiEnTai, Chavo Guerrerro Sr

Moneymaker: John Cena, Brian Pillman, Legion of Doom aka Road Warriors Hawk & Animal, Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi, Demolition, Raven, Ascension aka Konnor & Viktor, Ultimo Dragon, Bruno Sammartino, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Baron Corbin, Billy Kidman, Vampiro, Chris Kanyon

campo: Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Eddie Guerrero, The Ultimate Warrior, Kevin Nash aka Diesel, Mr Anderson, Mark Henry, James Storm, Nikita Koloff, Ivan Koloff & Nikolai Volkoff, Bob Sapp, Chris Harris, Don Muraco, Chavo Guerrero, The Powers of Pain

A Brad Maddox Guy: Mick Foley, Dean Ambrose, Kenta & Naomichi Marufuji, Sycho Sid Vicious, Taz & Kevin Sullivan, Bobby Lashley, Ken Shamrock, Adam Cole, Jimmy Snuka & Paul Orndorff, Mike Tyson, MVP, Zack Sabre Jr & Marty Scurll, Shane Douglas

brianregan09: Brock Lesnar, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston, Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly, Shane McMahon, Gangrel, Muhammad Hassan, Steve Blackman, Dos Caras, Hugh Jackman, Haku, Sakuraba, Juventud Guerrera, The Public Enemy aka Rocco Rock & Johnny Grunge

Bounty Hunter: CM Punk, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa, Samoa Joe, Vader, Jerry Lawler, Jesse Ventura, Dan Severn, Abdullah the Butcher & The Sheik, Rhonda Rousey, Jack Brisco, Gerald Brisco & Pat Patterson, Gorgeous George, Antonio Inoki & Seiji Sakaguchi

mrkiscool2: Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn & Kevin Steen, Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko, Kazuchika Okada, The Young Bucks, Chris Candido, Justin Thunder Liger, Ethan Carter III, Harley Race, Generation Next aka Roderick Strong & Jack Evans, Grado, Veda Scott, The All-Night Express, Mandrake

Sin Eater: Kurt Angle, The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase, Ricky Steamboat & Goldust, JBL, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Finlay, Steve "Dr Death" Williams & Mike Rotunda, Terry Funk, Dory Funk Jnr, Barry Windham, Bob Backlund, Toshiaki Kawada, Akira Taue, Magnus, Iron Sheik

connemara man: Undertaker, Bray Wyatt & Bo Dallas, Kane & X-Pac, Matt Hardy, Luke Harper & Erick Rowan, Rhyno, D'Lo Brown & Papa Shango, Brad Maddox, Ricardo Rodriguez, Viscera, Boogeyman, El Torito, Hornswoggle, Paul Bearer

JP Liz V1: Edge, Christian, Motor City Machine Guns aka Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin, American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Austin Aries, Santino Marella, Low-Ki & Frankie Kazarian, Lethal Consequences aka Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed, Bobby Heenan, William Shatner, Carlito & Primo Colón, Molly Holly, Rebecca Knox aka Becky Lynch, Alicia Fox

Spongey1975: HHH, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels, Sheamus, Yokozuna, Gangstas aka New Jack & Mustafa Saed, Bobby Roode, Jimmy & Jey Uso, Killer Kowalski & Gorilla Monsoon, Pamela Anderson, Junkyard Dog, LayCool aka Michelle McCool & Layla, Tito Santana, Eric Young

DM_7: Seth Rollins, Chris Hero & Cesaro, Dudley Boyz Devon & Bully Ray, Paul Heyman, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves, Umaga, Mark & Jay Briscoe, Superstar Billy Graham, Matt Sydal aka Evan Bourne, Stan Hansen, Brian Cage, Prince Puma aka Ricochet, Katsuyori Shibata & Hirooki Goto, Maxine aka Catrina

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just done my latest show which wraps up my Whodunnit storyline:

Week 2 Show

Feedback is of course welcome, tho can I ask anyone who wishes to comment to please spoiler the part involving the big reveal since that's quite important.

Cheers.

I'll try to give feedback on other shows soon as there's a good few I've missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,732 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it wrong to put all titles in my promotion on Christian :p

Some feedback:

brianregan - As I think you know, that opening storyline would have been too edgy for me; but you've gone with your instincts so I say hats off to you. I look forward to seeing the next chapter. I liked the Del Rio/Dos Caras part, and the ending sets things up well for the next instalment.

Shag - This is one of the shows I'm itching to read. I think the Bullet Club could be a real talking point and I think Rusev and Lana will be great as well. Keen to see where Show and Andre fit in and that's without even mentioning Sting.

campo - I liked the promos, especially for Chavo and Warrior. Nice to see Sapp being kept strong. A fun moment at the end too to set up what I guess will be a match between the two of them? The card is looking good already.

Raf32 - John Laurinaitis is great as a scheming character and I'm finding him hilarious. Referring to himself as a legend and the conversation he had with the Bellas made me laugh out loud. I like the Mr Imperfect stuff too. The moment at the end was also well done. Been very impressed so far.

beakerjoe - Very good promo for Jake - really made him a sympathetic character. Also thought the promo by the Outlaws was very well done. Left me wanting to see them get their comeuppance. I thought the Rumble match was excellent. I liked how you booked the ending. Sets things up great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The draw for Round 15 will be up later today, but I've got to work out who is going in what order :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I won't be able to pick til after 6 at least so no rush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Just to weigh on a 16th round, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea as it worked very nicely last year, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if it didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The draw for Round 15 will be up later today, but I've got to work out who is going in what order :P

Should do it Father Ted flight of death style. "Why do you deserve the 1stdraft pick?".

*reveals drawing of self naked from behind whilst walking a dog*

Shag:"It's me, in the nip, with a dog".

Just to weigh on a 16th round, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea as it worked very nicely last year, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if it didn't happen.

Decided this morning that it'll be fun to have the extra round. The stip will simply be the round order will be defined by a factor I don't think has decided a round order before, and it's kind of a messy (as in, a stupid attempt at fun) one, but given it's the final round, hopefully no one will mind :P

Anyway, round order for Round 15 is about to be posted, and it's decided on average order of 14 rounds previous. As a quick heads up, there are three instances of "ties"; Lebowskitle/Sin Eater, TSC/Spongey and DM_7/Walt all tied with each other, so I've gone for alphabetical order.

Actually, how screwy do you want me to get with Round 16?

As well as affecting the draft order, I can also give you all a stip that will force your thinking hats on, but won't affect your roster massively (it would still be selecting from who is left....)

I can basically just clown around with the last round.

I don't mind Round 16 making us think a bit. It's a bonus round, after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Go extra screwy. We might as well finish drafting with a bang.

I'd say my draw for RD15 will be low. I've had a very favourably drawing thus far.

Vince Russo levels of screwy please :P

Will try and post my pick or msg someone (dunno if this even post) when its my go but I'm.in ho chi Minh its tet and the hotel has really dodgy wWiFi so... Sorry if I case a delay

Will try and post my pick or msg someone (dunno if this even post) when its my go but I'm.in ho chi Minh its tet and the hotel has really dodgy wWiFi so... Sorry if I case a delay

I'm just about to pick now so hold on for two minutes if you can or message me.

• Advertisement

I think that posted (perhaps even twice), had to hit submit post around 30times. Can someone else please pm MNG (think he's next). Despite having the worst average draw, which nicely equaled first this round, I'm very happy with my roster esp after adding Mil Mascaras whom I thought might have been taken in a ta team with Dos Caras earlier in the draft.

Advertisement