Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Show 4 up. No pictures as i am rushed to get these write ups done

Have show 5 half written and a full PPV to write. Will do my best to get them submitted by friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Show 4 up. No pictures as i am rushed to get these write ups done

Have show 5 half written and a full PPV to write. Will do my best to get them submitted by friday

Wait is it Friday the PPV is due? Thought it was Sunday.

Wait is it Friday the PPV is due? Thought it was Sunday.

Not entirely sure tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

beakerjoe wrote: »
    TBC, 1 thing I wondered....how come the lack of pics?

It surprisingly doesnt hinder your work (something I assumed it might before I read your first show), is there any reason behind it?

Because I do a lot of the writing in work and when you google a lot of the women it brings up some dodgey images :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My Grapplemania PPV is done. I've provided a link to the posts below to avoid having to trawl through the entire thread.
    Recap & Preview: here.

Week 1 show: here.

Week 2 show: here.

Week 3 show: here.

Week 4 show: here.

Grapplemania preview: here.*

* The Grapplemania preview show like last year has all of the above in the one post for convenience.

Grapplemania PPV Part One here.

Grapplemania PPV Part Two here.

I'll give feedback to the write-ups I've missed soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Cheers Beaker for the feedback with regards the
    Local wrestlers results, I actually booked each match individually with regards who should win and only with a few matches left even considered that myself but at that point thought that if anyone even noticed how they hadn't won a match till that point it may work in my advantage with them assuming the wrong person would win a later match as a result and thus there could be a surprise for th reader. It would be used as a storyline for as far as the Aces of The Universe going forward anyway while Nakamura may use it in storyline to act like an even bigger d!ck to Sakaguchi

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Feedback !

MNG Grapplemania :
    As per usual, Im expecting big things from MNG and I wasn’t disappointed in the weekly shows leading up to the PPV as the build up as been stellar. So I had high hopes with regards the PPV as from previous years you’ve hit home runs each time. All the matches here were written well and are all easy to imagine in your head which is no mean feat. The opening match was great use of your celebrity pick (one of the picks of the draft I might add) and she and Rikishi teaming made sense. Business wise it be a great match to gather mainstream media attention. A nice feel good ending to the match with Kim getting her just desserts should always have been the pay off and sure enough it delivered. Going fourth, Bayley and Rikishi would make a charming team., so smart booking.

I couldn’t help but think of Brock and Roman Reigns as Kevin and Arn had a tug of war over the tag belt, ha. Another fine tag bout, with a surprising finish as I didn’t see the Von Erichs go over. Nice match with Davey Boy and Marty and a nice twist at the end with JR taking Erics job. I imagine MNG Owner like Jack Tunney myself. Loved the Breeze / Kerry Match, and what a surprise finish. Great booking using Kerrys foot and delighted with the finish as it was fresh and really elevated Breeze. Tyler is one of my favs on NXT and loved how you used him through out the weekly shows and on the PPV.

Enjoyed the Womans match and it made sense for Paige to get the win. Liked the idea of Mysterio dressing as a super hero as he does at big shows, nice touch. Rey winning made sense and Its easy to believe how this feud can continue with a hurt and vengeful Mistico now gunning for Rey after a huge humiliating defeat. Great main event, very cleverly written considering Austins History. Loved the tombstone to Austin, really believed that could get a pin when reading. Didnt see the ending coming and I found it odd at first, as I was thinking how could Davey Boy turn considering Davey Boy just helped JR win and also help demote Bischoff only for them to hug later on. You however explained it well and it made logical sense, esp with your long term plans.

As usual a well written PPV and you’ve made a great case for winning 4 in a row. A pleasure to read. Good Luck my friend!

Catching up on shows I've missed:

Spongey (Episode III) -
    I liked Styles beating HHH. I was wondering if that would happen and I was pleased you went this route. I'm really liking Roode and I enjoyed him throwing around the dude backstage which shows what a bully he is. Another nice touch was the way you handled the women's match with McCool and Layla refusing to use the pillows; I liked that. Very impressed with the way you utilised Kowalski helping Hunter. That was wonderfully done. I enjoyed the final segment with Sheamus standing tall over Hardy. I'm interested to see what Jeff does next.

brianregan (Episode IV) -
    Great opening to the show and Brock on the warpath is pure money. Mitchell is an effective mouthpeice and I'm very interested to see if Lesnar can get the win at the PPV. I enjoyed the fiery promo from Blackman. The Del Rio commercial was also fun. I was expecting the contract signing to end in violence but you put a unique twist on it which ended up working well I thought. I'm curious to see whether Dolph can outsmart Hassan at the PPV.

A Brad Maddox Guy (Episode III) -
    I LOL'd at the Monday Night Grappling line. I enjoyed the opener with Scurll and Zac bigging themselves up and Snuka and Orndorff giving them props also. MVP and Douglas are a good combo as well. I enjoyed the Abraham Washington interruption. Also got a kick out of Cole using the woman as a shield. Classic heel play. Really fun segment with Ambrose getting attacked and Foley outfoxing him. The shopping centre segment was well done, and I loved Gene and Ole raising hell. The final segment was done effectively and I'm keen to see how KENTA responds to this. Very good work once again.

More feedback:

JP Liz -
    I like Edge and how dismissive he is of Christian. I also liked how Edge told Heenan that Christian would be comfortable defending his title against two men. Heenan hiding from Shatner was a funny visual image; I imagine him peeking out from behind a wall. I enjoyed Christian standing up for himself at the end. I'm wondering how Edge will react to that.

Moneymaker -
    I like how you're pushing Corbin and the way he walked off after Raven's offer was simple and effective. I enjoyed the segment with Pillman, Bruno and Arnie too. I really enjoyed reading the tag team cage match which was PPV worthy. Props for pushing Ascension so strong. I'm wondering how Hawk and Animal respond. Very strong main event segment too and I liked that moment where Raven let Pillman know Cena was all his to deal with. I'm curious what your main event at the PPV will be.

thebostoncrab -
    Great heel promo by Sable. I liked that line about Sasha having the green lining her purse which is what truly matters. Then she sets her up in a match. A strong babyface promo from Emma too; I enjoyed Aja crashing into the barrier. I liked how you handled Lita and AJ's conflict which has been flawlessly done every show. The Hell in a Celltriple threat should be epic. I also liked the contract signing and Toyota's line about the top of the mountain. Cool twist at the end with the knuckle dusters. I think this was your best show thus far.

Regarding the voting process, will we be doing the Slammies voting again this year? I hope so because I found it a lot of fun voting for that last time.

Almost finished show 4, will have it up at some stage today. AJ has taken a bit of a dark turn, won't say any more but she should open a few eyes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

More feedback:

Regarding the voting process, will we be doing the Slammies voting again this year? I hope so because I found it a lot of fun voting for that last time.
    I too would love slammies again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Will post voting details tomorrow morning and will PM them round to everyone as well :)

Would like to apologise for the fact I didn't get any writing done. I explained the reasons earlier in the thread a while back and nothing changed on that front (things have gotten a lot busier since then too). Will probably throw up a quick outline of what the plans were but am going to wait till afetr the voting closing date is passed anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Have not had time to do any writing at all except the preview. Life took over again. Over the weekend I will do some writing and post a PPV and couple more lead in stories/shows. The deadline will have passed so i hope its okay to go ahead and post those shows in knowledge they won't be eligible for votes.

Not in a position to search the thread at the minute but is the deadline tomorrow night or Sunday night?

Im also looking for a timeline. When does the PPV have to be in by and when the votes have to be in by

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Liz was asking for an extension.

Might be a good idea given it's WM weekend and a lot of guys are behind.

I've been lucky to get any done at all, i'm studying for exams.

Might be worth stretching it another week or two.

Show 5 posted. No pics again and kinda rushed it so i can get to the PPV. Hoping to get it up tomorrow evening.

It's kind of tradition for the deadline to be shoved back a week anyway :pac:

Would everyone be happy with one? Say...an extra week?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

sure why not :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Show 2 is up, thank goodness for the extension. There was such a long gap because I was hmming and hawing about how to get to the feuds but most of the card is in feuds now, only 2 matches left to start the story for!

BH PPV WrestlePalooza V -
    Nice opener with Severn getting the win which I think was the right call. I also liked Mil Mascaras getting the win and I agree he needed to keep his mask more than Sayama; a nice gesture with Mascaras raising his arm.

I liked the George/Patterson match and how George toned down the entrance which got over the seriousness of the match. At first I was disappointed Pat didn't get the win but you explained your thought process well and I agree that there is a bigger pay-off to come in this one. I liked the tag match and it was a good time in the card for a match like this; the flaming table spot was great. Right team won, I think. The Lawler/Misawa match was a great read. I liked the microphone spot with Lawler at the start. I was surprised another Japanese guy lost though especially with Misawa being so beloved. A gutsy booking call there.

I'm a big Vader fan and I liked seeing him so destructive; I enjoyed the two powerbombs at the end. I was wondering at this point though whether you were being too hard on the Japanese fans as so many of their legends had tasted defeat.

Ventura/Rousey was along with the main event the match I was most looking forward to and it delivered. I liked the octagon structure which was a cool touch. It was great to see Ventura get what he deserved and this was the perfect pay-off. I know a few of us wanted Rousey but I don't think anyone could have done better with her than you did so hats off to you for that.

Joe/Kobashi was well done and it came across like a war, particularly after both dragged themselves up just before the referee counted to ten. Another Japanese star lost but I get the logic of trying to keep Joe a monster.

The main event was a great read and I liked the near-falls. I wasn't sure who was going to win it. The elbow on to the table by Punk was a great visual image. I was surprised Punk won as based on the earlier losses by the Japanese stars I thought this would build to a Nakamura or Tanahashi win. Punk would probably be the bigger deal on a global basis though.

Overall this was a very enjoyable read and the big matches delivered. I guess my only concern would be the fact that all the Japanese stars lost which I would worry could bum out a lot of the Tokyo audience and perhaps hurt the territory on future visits by the BWA. On the other hand at least you went with your convictions and on a worldwide basis I'm sure the fans would be happy with the decisions. All in all, WrestlePalooza was a great read and you gave a satisfying conclusion to your feuds so well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So is it this coming Sunday or Monday the extended deadline date?

Well, it was really today, given the original deadline was last Friday and I said a weeks extension.

What I'm planning on doing is sending round voting details tonight and saying votes should be in by Wednesday night. I won't say that you can't still post shows though, but voting will be opening tonight.

Sh*t I thought it was Sunday :P Guess I'll summarise my plans and post the PPV later then

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I've still got a lot of reading to do. .. hAD even planned to do a kind of wtestlepalooza fallout show (would have explained the idea behind / storyline to follow the one booking issue MNG/Beaker hAD with my show but sure hopefully that's small and the BWA will be moreso judged on the roster, ppv card, feuds, and potential going forward) but that will have to wait so I can at least read all before voting.

SImilarily I had been doing a write up for each build up show I read but that slowed my reading and as I'm traveling I'll leave that to be able to finish em all and vote before Wednesday

Rushed through my last TV show there and will have the PPV up before the end of the day. Feedback for the last two shows is as welcome as always!

Some feedback:

Spongey eps 4& 5 -
    The main event feud has been very well built and it made sense that Jeff Hardy would choose that type of match-up. I'm keen to see how Sheamus gets on. HHH/AJ has been your best feud imo and I've loved how that has progressed; I enjoyed the Rocky-style rejuvenation of Hunter. Roode/Santana has also been a lot of fun and Layla has added a lot to it; very good promo by Roode on show #5 as well. Also liked Yokozuna getting targeted by The Gangstas. I'm wondering too what role, if any, Pamela will adopt at the PPV. Thumbs up on a great build all round and I'm eager to see who you put over at the PPV.

thebostoncrab ep. 4 -
    That opening segment was tremendous. I would actually love to see AJ do something like that on WWE; it really made her look not only crazy but menacing. This was one of the best segments of the Draft. I also enjoyed the Sasha Banks promo which put her over strong and left me wanting her to get her comeuppance. A nice babyface promo from Gail to Emma, and the strength contest afterwards was a good way to highlight the power of all three women. I liked Gail's promo to Manami which made the main event at the PPV feel big-time and the end segment with the pull-apart brawl did an excellent job of putting over the David-vs-Goliath task facing Emma. Really great stuff.

I've a few more shows to get through but not too many.

It feels like we're way down on PPV submissions this year. I'm open to correction but I think there have been only four posted thus far. I hope we get a lot more before next Wednesday; even posting up a PPV card is better than nothing.

I've no problem holding off on casting my votes until the Wednesday evening deadline in the hope that we'll get a few more PPVs submitted in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Be awesome even for who havent time to write a PPV would stick up a ppv results type post. Imo even that would give me(being selfish here) where everyone was headed with their booking when they made their initial drafts choices.

Just curious to see what peoples plan were really. Also I'm in Perak,malaysia atm and its very boring here post 10pm so need something to read :)

Advertisement