Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Will put up details of Round 16 later tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Ok so I've done something really dorky or cool depending on your view of it.
    I was bored at work and came up with a review up to this points but by numbers!

I've given everyone roster an overall rating and also a potential feud rating.
    So just look for your name and you'll see ORR(overall roster rating) and FP(feud potential).

I arrived at the figures by rating each individual wrestler in each roster then dividing the total accrued points by the numbers in your roster. Feud potential was just marked out of 5 stars and just a little fun I had with my imagination booking cards for you all.

*No posters rating is a personal attack or slant on their writing ability.
    *The marks given are just all my personal ratings
    *No animals were hurt making this review.

Lord TSC
    ORR 6.823
    FP 4.1*

Mr Nice Guy
    ORR 7.421
    FP 4.5*

Raf32
    ORR 6.94
    FP 4.5*

TheBostonCrab
    ORR 6.42
    FP 4.5*

Beakerjoe
    ORR 6.99
    FP 4.25*

Jester252
    ORR 7
    FP 4.5*

UncleWalt
    ORR 7.578
    FP 4.75*

Shagnasti
    ORR 6.888
    FP 4.1*

Lebowskilite
    ORR 6.82
    3.8*

Moneymaker
    ORR 7.46
    FP 4.5*

JP LIZ V1
    ORR 6.555
    FP 4*

Spongey1975
    ORR 7.315
    FP 4.5*

DM_7
    ORR 6.83
    FP 3.8*

Mrkiscool2
    ORR 6.656
    FP 4.1*

SINEATER
    ORR 6.722
    FP 4.5*

connemara man
    ORR 6.883
    FP 4.5*

Brianregan09
    ORR 6.635
    FP 4*

Bounty Hunter
    ORR 6.955
    FP 4.75*

Campo
    ORR 6.625
    FP 4.1*

A Brad Maddox Guy
    ORR 6.55
    FP 4.25*

Thanks for reading my rubbish guys eek.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I really like that stip & it should be a fun way to end the first part of the Draft. It makes my Abraham Washington pick in the last round bloody annoying though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Am I good to pick now? I think it's been 24 hours since the last pick and Lebowskilite hasn't made his yet ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

That stip is brilliant. Very creative.

Landed on my feet with an S but it kills me to say any guy I was after hasn't even thought of using a name or gimmick beginning with S.

I know this happens every year. But could we aim for a week or two or three for write-ups. I've my total outline written for my 4 shows. But chances of getting it completely completed for Friday are nil.

Weekend of the 14th results finish, Paddy's day results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'm snowed under with exam prep so Friday is basically not gonna happen for me either.

I tend to like saying the results are announced round Wrestlemania weekend, to keep the buzz of that weekend going a bit in the community.

Since it's on the 29th, would a deadline of March 27th suit? Give people a month to write, read and vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That'd be perfect.

I know what i'm writing, it's simply actually writing it out that's the time consuming part :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,723 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I tend to like saying the results are announced round Wrestlemania weekend, to keep the buzz of that weekend going a bit in the community.

Since it's on the 29th, would a deadline of March 27th suit? Give people a month to write, read and vote?

I'm sure the deadline is stretched until after WM as a few request extra time me sometimes being one :o but will try and to get all in on time this year

Lord TSC wrote: »

That's fair. As the boards drafts is now very much tied into Wrestling Christmas (RR-Mania) for me It'll be nice for them to wrap up together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Love the stip, it's making me dig into the past of some of the women I have on my list to find if any of them have a gimmick beginning with T, which has been really interesting!

Hate to be THAT GUY but with the stip is it exactly like you outlined or is there scope.

Can you draft going by a second names and do tag teams count.

For arguments sake could I claim Strikeforce as a pick or if I wanted Kevin Steen. Would that be OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Hate to be THAT GUY but with the stip is it exactly like you outlined or is there scope.

Can you draft going by a second names and do tag teams count.

For arguments sake could I claim Strikeforce as a pick or if I wanted Kevin Steen. Would that be OK?
    Yup, from the fact that in the post TSC said that anyone with a name K, G or J (Kane, Glenn or Jacobs) could pick him then I'd assume if they have two names it can be the starting letter of one of those names!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

and sure the round order by sign up just happens to start with lord TSC......... :pac: :P :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ShagNastii wrote: »
    That stip is brilliant. Very creative.

Landed on my feet with an S but it kills me to say any guy I was after hasn't even thought of using a name or gimmick beginning with S.

would not be surprised if there are a few trades this round, I for example originally had an S in mind but now im looking at B names.

I have a Backup B name that im sure ill get but considering there are a few other posters starting with a B (3 before me including 2 directly before me iirc) it could be interesting to see who gets taken before me.

Just to confirm usig the already used Kane example:

K (Kane) and G (Glenn) or J (Jacobs) could all be used but considering a quick look at wiki brings up this

Ring name(s)
    Angus King[6]
    Bruiser Mastino[1]
    Ray Bradstone[6]
    Christmas Creature[1]
    Doomsday[1]
    Diesel[1]
    Isaac Yankem, DDS[1]
    Kane[1][7]
    Mike Unabomb[1]
    Unibomb[1]

could I (Isaac Yankem) also be used along with a number of others in this case?

could I (Isaac Yankem) also be used along with a number of others in this case?

Yeap, if he used the gimmick for 3 months; I say three months so someone doesn't pull a situation like.... "The Miz counts as a C cause one time, for one match, he was Canadian Kid!"

With tag teams, I'd say both members should hit the criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

My B pick is up for grabs FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

My R is up for grabs too especially if someone wants to offer me a M!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Brilliant stip. This stip needs to be used next year as well.

It's gonna be fun thinking of 'M' people. You've got to search for the hero inside yourself... :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Brilliant stip. This stip needs to be used next year as well.

It's gonna be fun thinking of 'M' people. You've got to search for the hero inside yourself... :)

you have a choice of 3 letters M N & G if I have it right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

when do u guys normally take names for this? gutted ive just missed the draft!

you have a choice of 3 letters M N & G if I have it right

Think he just has M....Id love J myself

when do u guys normally take names for this? gutted ive just missed the draft!

Start of the new year i'd expect a thread (perhaps a new discussion thread) to be up and the date (usually only a few days after that) that the sign up thread will be put up will be mentioned in it.

We never have trouble getting the full number but then again assuming you know the day its going up you will probably make it

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Think he just has M....Id love J myself

sorry :o you are right. damn! i had someone picked

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Great stip, and a great end to what's been a very smooth and enjoyable draft. Congrats to TSC for the excellent running of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

What a stip, I have one guy in mind for C that I am amazed he has not been picked yet

2ns show up now and hopefully things are building up nicely. Any feedback welcome

going to read some shows now and post my own feedback.

Many thanks to Lord TSC who has ran a great draft. Tis my second year and its been a blast so far. Thank you my friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Does TSC know it's his pick?

Does TSC know it's his pick?

Yeap, posting it now :)

• Advertisement

The second BWA Raw of the year is up. Any feedback from anyone who has read show 1 or 2 would be greatly appreciated.

think Raf and Beakers most recent shows are the only ones I havent fully read through and commented on (correct me if I didn't comment on one youve posted) so I will try and get to them tonight / tomorrow.

Advertisement