Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anti Islam rally

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

Nodin wrote: »
    Supporting loyalist affiliates are we? Dear o dear.

Who gives a damn about loyalists. Their wars over, your war is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

The EDL gave vocal support to the flag protests last year in Belfast. They support loyalism, loyalists groups and are anti-Irish. There was a small cultural march in Liverpool organised by the Irish community there and they had to be protected against the EDL because they were immigrants.

Those are your bedfellows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Who gives a damn about loyalists. ,............

The Blacks and Poles that have been attacked by them up North for one.

We need to hit 2:1 otherwise we are heading to dodo status. That's the fact of the matter, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Pediga miss the point. Yeah, it's great and all to see lads protesting immigration. At the end of the day, Europeans need to have more kids. Our under 2:1 birth rate aligned with mass immigration, means we shall give up our native countries. Just a matter of time.

Europe is a dying continent.

I know you've said before you're not racist. But this is textbook racism. Believing there is something intrinsically special about Europeans as a race, compared with others, and that we are under attack as a people, is total racism, and this is why I do not see eye to eye with the people so vehemently opposed to outsiders.

You can claim it's basic human instinct to believe so, and you might be right, but we have evolved/progressed beyond that. The fact that you can understand this is testament to that. This is what it comes down to for me, and it's why I find the entire thing so hard to swallow.

• Advertisement

We'll have immigrants come in and they'll add to our population. My kids may be mixed race... so we'll continue as a continent like we always have been, a mix of peoples. Is that bad?

We need to hit 2:1 otherwise we are heading to dodo status. That's the fact of the matter, lads.

They said that in the late 1800's and the early twentieth century. We're still here.

I want Poland/Ireland/Czech/Germany to remain predominantly Polish/Irish/Czech/German.

What's wrong with that? I love the European diversity and want it to remain. I'm going to Prague in February. I cannot wait to hang out with Czechs for 72 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

So come out and explain your position on the EDL then.

Every other poster on here seems highly reticent about their opinions when it comes to the EDL. They demand we state if we're Sinn Feiners, or Hamas apologists, or Muslims, etc, but seem too insecure to state definitively if they support EDL. It seems unfair!

i don’t really have an opinion on the edl to be honest, don’t know too much about them and as a catholic swabian southern german i don’t think i need to know all about the edl or its leaders anyway, nor have a firm position towards them…yet i am aware there are similarities, i just would not say i know all about pegida just by having had a look at the edl or the other way around…and i am far from knowing everything about pegida either, i am just not buying into the current hate campaign against them that simply…
    i understand the fact that there is a fear of islamisation – and of a loss of national and ethnic identity – in many european countries and i can see where that is coming from – people have reasons and a right to be worried, and a right to be taken seriously, i.e. to be heard…it was about time someone stood up and gave that fear a voice…and i also just do not get how every non-nazi would have to be pro unchecked immigration and islamisation, logically like, if being against it automatically makes one a nazi in the eyes of the brainwashed…

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

I want Poland/Ireland/Czech/Germany to remain predominantly Polish/Irish/Czech/German.

What's wrong with that? I love the European diversity and want it to remain. I'm going to Prague in February. I cannot wait to hang out with Czechs for 72 hours.

Disgusting and racist (only cos your white, no one would care if you said you wanted Nigeria to stay Nigerian or Japan to stay Japanese).

• Advertisement

If the muslims ever get too uppity we shall put them in their box. In a week. It's our birth rate that scares me. Ireland was 2.1:1 in 2012. But 24% of births were to foreign mothers.

If the muslims ever get too uppity we shall put them in their box. In a week. It's our birth rate that scares me. Ireland was 2.1:1 in 2012. But 24% of births were to foreign mothers.

And their children cannot be Irish?

Since we lost sight of the values of Kinder, Küche, Kirche, its been all downhill in that regard.

And their children cannot be Irish?

We've been through this. If me and my European missus move to Japan, pop another one, would you consider that childer Irish/European or Japanese?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

Ah it won't be all be bad when Islam takes over. At least there'll be no more feminism.

Nodin wrote: »
    Since we lost sight of the values of Kinder, Küche, Kirche, its been all downhill in that regard.

Your German is decent, fair play.

Your German is decent, fair play.

It's an old phrase from the 1930's, so I can claim no credit.

Disgusting and racist (only cos your white, no one would care if you said you wanted Nigeria to stay Nigerian or Japan to stay Japanese).

Your words, remember, no one elses.

I love it too. I think it's great that there are many different cultures with their own traditions. But culture is not static. And tbh the USA has been a far bigger influence (destroyer, if you want to put it that way) on European cultures than muslims will be for some time to come. This is not trying to be anti-American, I'm just saying. We survived that, we'll be fine.

The other thing is, cultures don't exist for our own amusement. They come and go with the people. To expect an entire nation of people to behave a certain way to appeal to your own sense of culture.......doesn't really work.

And tbh the USA has been a far bigger influence

How are the natives getting along, Herb?

And tbh the USA has been a far bigger influence (destroyer, if you want to put it that way) on European cultures

I am specifically talking about the 20th century

• Advertisement

We've been through this. If me and my European missus move to Japan, pop another one, would you consider that childer Irish/European or Japanese?

If Japan is to survive at all, it'll need immigrants and lots of them. Right now there's a growing community of Japanese people who claim foreign heritage, Korean Japanese, American Japanese, etc. So I would consider it entirely correct to describe say a child from a Japanese and an American parent born in Japan and who understands and lives in that culture to be Japanese.

So you'd disagree? A japanese woman and an Irishman having a child in Ireland, can that child ever be considered properly Irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

do you mean the native american indians

they were invaded by a foreign people, religion, and culture and they now live on reserves

the future for Europe if the social justice warriors got their way

I am specifically talking about the 20th century

I play GAA(badly), speak the teanga, listen to some Irish music etc. I even tried to introduce this Christmas Eve spiced beef lark. I learned its a Cork thing. Irish culture is thriving.

So you'd disagree? A japanese woman and an Irishman having a child in Ireland, can that child ever be considered properly Irish?

Ask Jayo. I spent my early years trying to be like him. Ive no issue with highly skilled non EU immigrants. But the problem arises when there's 100k Jayos.

It's the numbers, lad.

And I realise Sherlock wasn't half Japanese.

nokia69 wrote: »
    do you mean the native american indians

they were invaded by a foreign people, religion, and culture and they now live on reserves

the future for Europe if the social justice warriors got their way

Immigration=/=invasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

To control the population is easy.

Tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists as traitors

Hermann Goering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

Your words, remember, no one elses.

I love it too. I think it's great that there are many different cultures with their own traditions. But culture is not static. [...]

of course culture is not static and will change and evolve in historical time frames…yet that does not mean one has to condone, let alone support or promote the liquidation of our european and national culture and identities…somehow south park’s future people and future speak just came to mind…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Am I correct in thinking that the Marches are anti-Islamization rather than anti-muslim,there is a big difference,apart from 1 or 2 posters,I Think we could all agree that we do not want to see Europé Islamized or under due influence from islamists.

Now as for the future of White europeans-I don't necessarily agree that we need more and more,because that line of thinking just leads to 150 million britons saying they need 20 million more next year to pay for pensions.A World with a lot less people works just as well imo.

I'm Irish,not a new swede-there are parts of my Irishness that I gave up to better intergrate here.The wife is Swedish,the kids are.......well.. I'm not quite sure,but Swedish would be the best bet.To say that they are Irish would be untrue imo,they have Irish blood,they may in time feel culturally Irish,perhaps even represent the country-it still wouldn't make them Irish the same way I am (even in my current lesser-Irish state).

Tricky thing,nationality and cultural belonging-something that Ireland hasn't dealt with in a long time,but it is coming.Some Jaruzelski's will feel Irish,some won't.

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    of course culture is not static and will change and evolve in historical time frames…yet that does not mean one has to condone, let alone support or promote the liquidation of our european and national culture and identities…somehow south park’s future people and future speak just came to mind…

Did you say there was a role being played in all of this by the New World Order?

• Advertisement

Wurzelbert wrote: »

Exactly, so support the culture, don't attack the others. I have nothing against promoting culture, as long as it doesn't involve actively discriminating against others. Our national anthem notwithstanding :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement