Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anti Islam rally

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Nothing like the smell of lefty fear first thing in the morning.

smells like ... patchouli

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

This offer goes out to Nodin, Efb, Billy86, Ireland.man, Joeytheparrot et al. There's a flight to Cologne from Dublin at 17.50-20.45. Once we get out, daytrippers, no luggage, I reckon a taxi can bring us into the heart of the Pediga protest by 9.30pm.

We can watch as neutrals. The only demand I'll make is that we go for a nice bite after. And a few scoops.

I'll buy the flight tickets home and the accommodation too. No bullsh*t. We shall tell the Irish people exactly what we saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

It's easy to dismiss us with right wing beliefs as numbskulls. Let them. When I go to work, I ensure that I'm in a nice suit. I've a few that cost 600-upwards. When I'm relaxing, I still dress in nice jeans, shoes/runners and a shirt or polo. I get my hair cut in an expensive hairdressers.

Let them think that we are all EDL knuckledraggers. Fine by me. I've no real hatred for those that breach the gates. I despise those that hold the gates open.

And who else wears fancy suits ? Them thieving bankers. Bet you thought I was going to say Nazis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

And who else wears fancy suits ? Them thieving bankers. Bet you thought I was going to say Nazis.

Nazi uniforms look awesome!

they're probably Hugo Boss suits as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Absolutely not. This is vile. "PEGIDA followers insist they are not Nazis, but are simply concerned about the "watering down" of their Christian-rooted culture and traditions."

I don't like to see women in burkas - but just outlaw burkas.

I was thinking I'd like an anti-religiosity rally, pushing for extremely religious people to be forcibly medicated with anti-psychotics. However then I realised I was describing the USSR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Absolutely not. This is vile. "PEGIDA followers insist they are not Nazis, but are simply concerned about the "watering down" of their Christian-rooted culture and traditions."

I was thinking I'd like an anti-religiosity rally, pushing for extremely religious people to be forcibly medicated with anti-psychotics. However then I realised I was describing the USSR.

Dont worry, forcing your beliefs on others is fine as long as you arent a muslim.

Can us plebs not suit up well, no? I'm no banker. I work full time online and semi own my own garage. I have to look the part. Who's going to buy a car off a snotty f*ck?

i really love it when i put up a satirical post and it gets thanked by those i am satirising.

Dont worry, forcing your beliefs on others is fine as long as you arent a muslim.

Offer extends to you too. You don't even have to sit beside me on the plane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

The question is how

Offer extends to you too. You don't even have to sit beside me on the plane.

Why would I be going to germany?

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Nazi uniforms look awesome!

Why would I be going to germany?

On my penny. To see this protest firsthand and to report back.

Can us plebs not suit up well, no? I'm no banker. I work full time online and semi own my own garage. I have to look the part. Who's going to buy a car off a snotty f*ck?

You sound like you have something to prove. I don't give a fúck what you own or what you don't.

On my penny. To see this protest firsthand and to report back.

I have no intention of attending a racist rally.

Some less intelligent people are under the impression that all muslims are immigrants and all 1.6 billion of them are the same while ignoring other groups because they just happen to be not Muslim. Why would I want to risk people thinking Im part of asuch a group?

Watching the protest, sunshine. Watching.

Watching the protest, sunshine. Watching.

I'll just pass by an EDL protest next time im in England thanks. Bit of effort travelling to other countries just to watch a few Germans demonise an entire group based on their religion, plenty of documentaries on it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

I'll just pass by an EDL protest next time im in England thanks. Bit of effort travelling to other countries just to watch a few Germans demonise an entire group based on their religion, plenty of documentaries on it already.

and it is certainly much less hassle to generalise and condemn all concerned germans across the board than it would be to go and check out the whole thing for yourself...but if you’d rather rely on documentaries, i.e. on what the media would make you believe...in fact, i reckon without a solid understanding of the underlying issues you might as well not bother at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,786 ✭✭✭SeanW

Sucky as it was, I would rather live in the Soviet Union than any of the kind of ****holes Islamists make, like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Islamic State etc.

And so would every sane person on the planet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Hoop66

SeanW wrote: »
    Sucky as it was, I would rather live in the Soviet Union than any of the kind of ****holes Muslims make, like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Islamic State etc.

And so would every sane person on the planet.

How much time have you spent in Iran, that you know you wouldn't want to live there?

Where is Islamic State?

Hoop66 wrote: »
    How much time have you spent in Iran, that you know you wouldn't want to live there?

Where is Islamic State?

Islamic State is presumably those lovely ISIS (or is it ISIL they are calling themselves now?) people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Beano wrote: »
    Islamic State is presumably those lovely ISIS (or is it ISIL they are calling themselves now?) people.

My point being, it's not really a place, and never will be. And that the poster was just throwing out as many bogeyman words as he could.

My point being, it's not really a place, and never will be. And that the poster was just throwing out as many bogeyman words as he could.

well it is an area of the middle east with borders that they control so it is as much a place as iran or syria is. no other country recognises but that doesnt stop it being a place.

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    and it is certainly much less hassle to generalise and condemn all concerned germans across the board than it would be to go and check out the whole thing for yourself...but if you’d rather rely on documentaries, i.e. on what the media would make you believe...in fact, i reckon without a solid understanding of the underlying issues you might as well not bother at all...

Uh huh, because everyone is wrong but you and there is some secret evidence that you just haven't shared. When did you decide generalising is bad? You haven't had much issue with it until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

This offer goes out to Nodin, Efb, Billy86, Ireland.man, Joeytheparrot et al. There's a flight to Cologne from Dublin at 17.50-20.45. Once we get out, daytrippers, no luggage, I reckon a taxi can bring us into the heart of the Pediga protest by 9.30pm.

We can watch as neutrals. The only demand I'll make is that we go for a nice bite after. And a few scoops.

I'll buy the flight tickets home and the accommodation too. No bullsh*t. We shall tell the Irish people exactly what we saw.

Are there some similar protests coming up in Paris soon? I'll be there in the coming weeks for work so I'll be more than happy to visit a protest and take my camera.

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    that is also the impression i am under...the fact that there are some dodgy characters involved does not discredit pegida altogether...and there has been dodgy **** going on with the media coverage as well with at least one known case where a pegida “neo nazi” turned out to be a planted “undercover” journalist from rtl...all in all the handling of pegida by politics and the media appears to be fully in line with the new world order so far...

I wouldn't dismiss that claim about planted agent provocateurs too quickly since it's a very old tactic. I'm not going to condemn a whole protest based on the actions of one masked man breaking windows, etc.

Anyway, what's this new world order stuff?

I'm not condemning a protest group because they don't look middle class enough. I'm pointing to the links this 'grassroots' group has to organised Neo-nazi groups. These two main hooligan groups, they're both neo-nazi groups who've led street fights with immigrants over the past few years and they're part of the core of this protest movement. There's nothing that shuts down legitimate protests and grievances than throwing in your lot with Ne-Nazi louts.

One of the leaders of Pegida associates with Neo-Nazi groups and has many, many convictions for violent and serious crime. Again, I wouldn't condemn a man for life for crimes he may have paid for but this lad seems to revel in his notoriety and connections with hooligans.

And here's the violence that's coming from this group:

"German protesters from anti-Islamic 'Pegida' movement attack migrant youths"
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/german-protesters-from-antiislamic-pegida-movement-attack-migrant-youths-9956837.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

jihadiland is about 1/3 of Iraq and 1/3 of Sryia some 250,000 sq km roughly the size of Britain with a population of between 10/12 million. western intelligence reckon there is about 30 odd thousand hardcore jihadi fighters. the Kurds put the number closer to 200,000 but they arent all hardcore heads most of them are recruited when needed from territory seized. but they are still knuts. the caliphate is very much a place. and its a problem. still think these marches are counterproductive though to lots of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

Uh huh, because everyone is wrong but you and there is some secret evidence that you just haven't shared. When did you decide generalising is bad? You haven't had much issue with it until now.

it’s just that saying like “i’ll just have a look at an edl protest in england and i have seen some documentaries on pegida, that’s all the info i need, i know what’s going on” seems a tad retarded...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement