Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Racing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Gangster and Ruby taking a dive?

Pretty sure yous are both mentally retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,764 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Dark Glacier 80-1 ew 2.35
    So consistent over 3m plus, could be a nice ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Very hard to find winners at Leopardstown. The form isn't holding up at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Fogarthy scratching his nads there in the last in limerick. Disgraceful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Only saw two races from Leopardstown today, AP was hardly killing himself on Ned Buntline and Uxizandre.

• Advertisement

He went off far too quick on Uxizandre who jumped poorly. It looked like he resented Hidden Cyclone taking him on for the lead.

He went off far too quick on Uxizandre who jumped poorly. It looked like he resented Hidden Cyclone taking him on for the lead.

Ah right, only saw the last minute or so of the race thought Buntline was going to dot in there.

I thought Paddy Power had gone to Bank of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

heavy Ground- Check

Staying Chase - Check.

Backed Venittias runners. Check.

Now for either of them to win the Welsh National-?

To be honest the way the last two days has been going I would take a place.

Dunno how he never saw the one out back. False start.
    Should have left without him

Dunno how he never saw the one out back. False start.
    Should have left without him

• Advertisement

Backed Ben Bens and Emperors Choice

Summery Justice might be worth a few quid now he has 2 furlongs less to run than the others :eek:

They need to get rid of the starters, the amount of bull**** they cause. A robotic arm with a timer is the way to go, if you aren't with the runners at off time they phuck you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Sports Line in the 2:45 surely worth a small punt at a big price of 33/1. The old boy hasn't tasted defeat in a long time now, but is now well down in the weights. Has the benefit of a run under its belt and with the ground so heavy at Limerick, anything could happen today.

Shemale wrote: »

Summery Justice might be worth a few quid now he has 2 furlongs less to run than the others :eek:

Well done Shemale!!

Christ, thought Coleman backed off to early.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Nulty wrote: »
    Time to get a thread going for all the Christmas racing

Lexus, King George, Christmas Hurdles, Big handicaps (Welsh National, Paddy Power), and More!

Welsh National

Probably my second favourite race after the Grand National is the Welsh National and having all but picked Mountainous out in November last year I wasn convinced enough to take the 20s antepost. I was right, as he went off at that price but alas, without my money on him. This year I'm interested in Emperors Choice. Venetia Williams has three in the race but Emperors Choice is young enough to have the potential to porgress and the conditions will likely suit his profile. Only concern is that he hasn't proven himself at Chepstow. Hawkes Point looks the other one in the race, he and Mountainous have surely been targeted again at Chepstow and with a nose between them last year Hawkes Point is a pound or two better off this time.

Can't wait for the festive racing to start!!

I LOVE this race!

sdoc13 wrote: »
    heavy Ground- Check

Staying Chase - Check.

Backed Venittias runners. Check.

Now for either of them to win the Welsh National-?

To be honest the way the last two days has been going I would take a place.

Winner Check. Get in. BADLY needed

I LOVE this race!

Nulty that is some quality pick there. Well done sir!!

**tips hat***

Well done Nulty .
    Well called.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Briar hill has casey on tomorrow with walsh opting for zaidpour, powers also 10/1 now wprld hurdle, something up with him at home?

• Advertisement

Well done lads. Thought Glenquest had it two out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Delighted Foxrock got beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Delighted Foxrock got beat.

Youre delighted a gamble didn't come off .... fairly bitter imo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Youre delighted a gamble didn't come off .... fairly bitter imo

Not bitter. Just delighted that Ted's plan didn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

Christ lads if there was a worse call of the last 2 furlongs of a big race then Tony O'Hehir's commentary on the Paddy Power then I've not heard it. Definintely time for RTE to look for a new YOUNGER commentator. Tony got completely flustered towards the end and it took from a great finish imo.

That was lovely, seeing Ruby cheering on his dads horse and it getting beaten after the rancid run last time out.

Anyone else think Deputy Dan should win this one snugly?

Ive a 50c yankee running with Special Tiara 15/2, Ballinvarrig 9/2 a NR and last leg Chatez @7/4

There is €50 odd as it stands.

I can cash out for €102

or let it ride for €195

what would you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Panrich

seoirsem wrote: »
    Christ lads if there was a worse call of the last 2 furlongs of a big race then Tony O'Hehir's commentary on the Paddy Power then I've not heard it. Definintely time for RTE to look for a new YOUNGER commentator. Tony got completely flustered towards the end and it took from a great finish imo.

Try Dessie on the same race. Called the wrong Martin horse.

That was lovely, seeing Ruby cheering on his dads horse and it getting beaten after the rancid run last time out.

Anyone else think Deputy Dan should win this one snugly?

Ya have had a nibble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Happy to see some real support for Emperor's Choice in the Welsh National tomorrow. 25s into 16s. Hoping the rain falls plenty!

Took Foxrock at 7s couple of days ago and although I liked the look of Groody Hill I think Foxrock is the obvious one and could go off shorter than 5s. I'm always tempted to go in again in these races, as I would be with the Welsh National but I'm sticking to my guns.

Bright New Dawn is contracting all the time too. Bryan Cooper is said to be very keen on his potential and dropping back to 2m will see him improve from his last efforts. It's his first start this season. Simply Ned doesn't look like he's being given enough respect. He's a young and improving animal having continued to progress since he started chasing. Nicky Richards is having a good season and it may be the trainer and jockey that keeps his price from being properly comparitive to Uxizandres.

Not a bad day ;) Foxrock beaten and some understandably are happy about that but the reality is that the horse put in a great performance to go close off top weight. Everyone knew he was being set up for this and it would have put money in a lot of peoples pockets over Christmas if he went in.

Emperors Choice. Merry Christmas :)

Advertisement