Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Racing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

leopardstown was a graveyard for punters today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

barney4001 wrote: »

What Irish meeting isn't :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Have already had a small ante post bet on Heaney in the Paddy Power tomorrow. Plenty of cards but not too easy. French Opera seems to have found a good opportunity to get back to winning ways at Wetherby with Peter Carberry taking off another 3lbs. 6/1 looks 2 points too big.

My beloved low grade all weather racing. Indian Affair drops into a 0-55 and should go well, he went close a few times earlier in the year off higher marks. The favourite is very strong but looks plenty short, beaten fav last few runs he is expensive to follow. Worth chancing at 7/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Happy to see some real support for Emperor's Choice in the Welsh National tomorrow. 25s into 16s. Hoping the rain falls plenty!

Took Foxrock at 7s couple of days ago and although I liked the look of Groody Hill I think Foxrock is the obvious one and could go off shorter than 5s. I'm always tempted to go in again in these races, as I would be with the Welsh National but I'm sticking to my guns.

Bright New Dawn is contracting all the time too. Bryan Cooper is said to be very keen on his potential and dropping back to 2m will see him improve from his last efforts. It's his first start this season. Simply Ned doesn't look like he's being given enough respect. He's a young and improving animal having continued to progress since he started chasing. Nicky Richards is having a good season and it may be the trainer and jockey that keeps his price from being properly comparitive to Uxizandres.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Groody Hill, Grand Jesture in the PP chase for me, and Monbeg Dude in the welsh national

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Faugheen is the most impressive winner iv seen of the Christmas Hurdle my god what a beast. The beat horse in training imo.

Only thing today really surprised Vautour wasn't pulled up after that mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Uxizandre looks the business in tomorrow's Dial-a-Bet at Leopardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Faugheen is the most impressive winner iv seen of the Christmas Hurdle my god what a beast. The beat horse in training imo.

Expected that. A 2/1 Champion Hurdle Ante Post Fav should be putting Grade 2/3 Handicap Hurdlers to the sword like he did today. With the exception of the winner it was a poor field. It was easy from him to impress today but he will meet much better in march. If he wins likes this in march then he is the best horse in training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

ger664 wrote: »
    Expected that. A 2/1 Champion Hurdle Ante Post Fav should be putting Grade 2/3 Handicap Hurdlers to the sword like he did today. With the exception of the winner it was a poor field. It was easy from him to impress today but he will meet much better in march. If he wins likes this in march then he is the best horse in training.

I'm pretty sure people were saying the opposite before the race, that it was his best opposition to date at least. They were hardly bums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

I'm pretty sure people were saying the opposite before the race, that it was his best opposition to date at least. They were hardly bums.

They were hardly top class grade one horses eithere. The previous running had my tent against the new one... that was a top class grade one. Maybe he is the messiah but i think until he does it in march against the new one and jeki he has proved very little yet. Wasnt the second yesterday weell beaten in the galway hurdle. Hes a class horse but the hype is great for the betting in the champion. 6 to 1 jeki is some price

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I wouldn't be one for trusting Jezki. Followed the horse all the way last season up until Cheltenham where I wrote him off. To say I was incredulous watching the CH last March would be an understatement.

I wouldn't be one for trusting Jezki. Followed the horse all the way last season up until Cheltenham where I wrote him off. To say I was incredulous watching the CH last March would be an understatement.

I would be more of thinking that he loves good ground and jessica will have him thicking over during the winter same as she did with moscow. I dont trust any horse

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

Coral

BENVOLIO - 13/1
    WOODFORD COUNTY - 18/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Fancy gasline boy in Welsh national and mckinley at leopardstown both fancy pants prices

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

barney4001 wrote: »
    Stephens Day has always been a bookie benefit day. It's why I tend to just give the entire day a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

cmon francie whats the good thing for today,,, surely your watching out for something good

Them mullins hot potscwould have ye in the poor house. Another one beaten there at 8/15

mullins time of year to give helping hand to bookies...

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

this is just having a laugh now, the bookies won't know what to do with the cash

Good performance from Twinlight there. Still can't be trusted but at 25/1 he was worth a bet. Bright New Dawn looked to be one paced at the end. Simply Ned underestimated and Hidden Cyclone unlucky to bump into one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Them mullins hot potscwould have ye in the poor house. Another one beaten there at 8/15

Gangster. Wins with the outsider now in the 1.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Cracking run from Special Tiara there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Another Leopardstown odds on fav stuffed :D

Bookies will be retiring after today.

#### you ruby , im pretty sure that was a good drive of the horse,, give him a oscar

Henry De Bromhead Day

Happy for him

pudzy wrote: »
    #### you ruby , im pretty sure that was a good drive of the horse,, give him a oscar

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Dark Glacier (50/1) looks to be one with an e-way chance at a huge price in the welsh national. Ground and trip should hold no fears judging by the way he won over 3m2f at carlisle a couple of runs back when staying on strongly to get back up near the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

seriously lads if you think any of the mullins favs were not trying ye know nothing about racing. As for Ruby diving laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,764 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I like Surround Sound
    3.00 16-1 ew
    Has a great chance here to place at least .

• Advertisement

Bristol de Mai looked pretty good there.

Advertisement