Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Racing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

Littlecote Lady 28's
    Indian Affair 11.5's

All on the exchanges

Well... no the best of starts there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Same here, big price and Ill be backing each way, just hope the fav aint on song
    I think texas jack is a massive price at 33/1, can see it being placed

Was tempted by texas jack as well. Might have a small saver. We will both be dead right or dead wrong!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Was talking to a few mates and they got cleaned out big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Fair play Francie! I backed the 1st, 2nd and 3rd in that race before, sums up Wolverhampton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

anyone know if paddys were paying top 5 in the welsh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

jimjamcos wrote: »
    So you'd be happy with any/all horses being held back when connections choose, as long as it's for the greater good? Great logic that but kind of defeats the concept of sport.

Its called handicapping for a reason and is part of the game. I would have no prob in a trainer getting a horse handicappied to win a race. Very niave bunch on here 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

sdoc13 wrote: »
    I have backed Carlingford Logh Tomorrow @ 10s. Think this is the value of the race. LW and RTR wont like the ground. Bobs priced right BB under priced.

This horse could be decent. Won well in Puncestown and is a real stayer conditions should be no problem.

I like CL too for this. Have heard he's not 100% though and wouldn't be surprised to see him pulled tomorrow morning or give a below par effort.

Separate to this,what's with the Ted Walsh hate? You'd swear he was the first trainer to organise a gamble. Met Ted once at Cheltenham and he stopped to talk to us (3 drunk, young lads roaring at him) and had a good chat about that day's racing and jockey changes for the following days Gold Cup. Couldn't have been more of a gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Good Call!
    Nulty wrote: »
    Time to get a thread going for all the Christmas racing

Lexus, King George, Christmas Hurdles, Big handicaps (Welsh National, Paddy Power), and More!

Welsh National

Probably my second favourite race after the Grand National is the Welsh National and having all but picked Mountainous out in November last year I wasn convinced enough to take the 20s antepost. I was right, as he went off at that price but alas, without my money on him. This year I'm interested in Emperors Choice. Venetia Williams has three in the race but Emperors Choice is young enough to have the potential to porgress and the conditions will likely suit his profile. Only concern is that he hasn't proven himself at Chepstow. Hawkes Point looks the other one in the race, he and Mountainous have surely been targeted again at Chepstow and with a nose between them last year Hawkes Point is a pound or two better off this time.

Can't wait for the festive racing to start!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Arctic89 wrote: »
    I like CL too for this. Have heard he's not 100% though and wouldn't be surprised to see him pulled tomorrow morning or give a below par effort.

Separate to this,what's with the Ted Walsh hate? You'd swear he was the first trainer to organise a gamble. Met Ted once at Cheltenham and he stopped to talk to us (3 drunk, young lads roaring at him) and had a good chat about that day's racing and jockey changes for the following days Gold Cup. Couldn't have been more of a gent.

Hope its not the case but cheers for the heads up. Hopefully pulled if not right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Had a bit of a WTF moment when looking at the first race at Limerick tomorrow. Saw that a horse called Vercingetorix (group 1 winner over the flat) was declared for a hurdles race. Turns out there's another French horse of the same name. Still, it looks like an interesting change of trainer, probably go off at a very short price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Going in heavy on Monksland 7/1 and Boston Bob 5/1 tomorrow.

Bobs Worth has a big question mark over him after the Gold Cup and the form of Henderson and Windermeres record at Leopardstown isn't great, the heavy ground will make it a tough slog which should play right into Bostons stamina.

Monksland won at the track very impressively two years ago, the only concern for me is it's his first run in 2 years but looked to have massive potential. Glens Melody getting 7lbs might be the biggest danger to Monksland, if Monksland runs well.

48/1 double looks a right play too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

If you think they were prioritising a 10 k handicap race over the paddy power well fair enough. A simple look at future entries would tell anyone what the aim was.

What's the point of having rules of racing? What's the point of having stewards? We might as well allow all trainers to use the racecourse as a gallops and schooling ground so, and just do away altogether with the governance of the sport.
    It's obvious you had a bet on Foxrock today. Your judgement is obviously clouded by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Really fancy Boston Bob tomorrow.

JETSON and SAM WINNER - 45/1 (or there abouts :-) )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Very hard for betting tomorrow. Liking loads, only problem is they're all in the same races.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭corny

You really couldn't be overly confident about tomorrow but boringly i'll go with Bobs Worth and At Fishers Cross.

Bobs Worth because i think/hope he'll run his race and i'm confident he sets the standard.

At Fishers Cross because Monksland has to be best watched for now, Ruby riding Zaidpour knocks out the Mullins trio and i'm yet to be convinced Lieutenant Colonel is good enough to win a race like this (stepping up in trip on heavy ground).

corny wrote: »
    You really couldn't be overly confident about tomorrow but boringly i'll go with Bobs Worth and At Fishers Cross.

Bobs Worth because i think/hope he'll run his race and i'm confident he sets the standard.

At Fishers Cross because Monksland has to be best watched for now, Ruby riding Zaidpour knocks out the Mullins trio and i'm yet to be convinced Lieutenant Colonel is good enough to win a race like this (stepping up in trip on heavy ground).

One thing about Monksland is Meade is quite good at getting them spot on after a long lay off, for me its hard to be enthusiastic about the rest of the field.

The booking of Adam Kirby on Vincentti in the 2:15 at Lingfield is very eye-catching. Horse is down to a mark of 75 where it has been competitive, but what really takes the eye is Kirby's record on this horse. From his 5 rides on this one, he has finished it 2nd on three occasions, 3rd on another and 5th the other time. Today sees this horse off a lower mark than any of those five other times that Kirby has taken the ride over the 6F distance, which it runs over today. A little worried this might not be up to full race preparedness given that it's been 117 days since it was last season, but horse has previously managed to put in a credible 2nd place performance after an 8 month absence previously. On ratings/form at least, there would not be a whole pile to split this once between some of the favourites here, so the 14/1 that is on offer from Sky/Ladbrokes/Coral just looks too high.

Party at my gaff today if the old boy, Come To The Party is able to produce the goods over the muck at Limerick today in the veterans chase at 1:35. Horse is 3 from 5 here at Limerick, is an absolute mud machine and has been given two prep races over the points in anticipation of today. Trainer loves to bag himself a winner at this track and it would be of no surprise whatsoever to see this one put in one last big effort to secure a win for the Doyle family today. 9/1 Betvictor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Keithmc40

I have word from a member of the syndicate who owns RUDOlPH that they expect him to run well in limerick today and would be surprised if he doesn't get a place, so each way bet for me

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Thought owenacurra Milan at a massive price in the pertemps was value and again Texas jack at big prices too

Henry De Bromhead has been in cracking form, so it's no surprise to see that Identity Thief is seeing some strong support in the opener at Leopardstown, but word did get to me that Snow Falcon has been schooling brilliantly at home for Noel Meade and that connections are quietly confident that this one can open its account over hurdles today after going very close to Milsean last time out, a horse that has now gotten an entry and is fancied a bit for the novices hurdle at Cheltenham. Other major worry here is Pack The Punch - surely a horse out of Teofilo can't go and win another maiden hurdle this weekend? BetVictor have went 15/8.

Jonie Skull has been an absolute monkey of a horse winning races it shouldn't be entitled to win and losing races that should be easy for it. Today sees it at a mark of just 56 with a 7lb claimer on his back in the 3:20 at Lingfield while up against Class 6 company. At big odds of 12/1 and against such a medicore company, this one is surely worth a small e/w punt.

I had just come back to say Snow Falcon looks stand out so good to hear your comments Francie.

Another horse that catches the eye is Edemyi in the 1250 Leop, 11lbs lower than his highest mark and 7lbs lower than his Fred Winter run where he found only Une Artiste too good. He is a tough horse and trainer and jockey have been going well so 16/1 looks too big. He is only 6 so I would expect he should have continued to strengthen and improve in his 2 years off

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

people are on about handicapping horses,, there could be one in the 12.30 today at catt... no form whats so ever, and has been backed off the boards, all morning from 25/1 into 7-1 latest... horse name macgillycuddy,,

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

Shemale wrote: »
    I had just come back to say Snow Falcon looks stand out so good to hear your comments Francie.

Another horse that catches the eye is Edemyi in the 1250 Leop, 11lbs lower than his highest mark and 7lbs lower than his Fred Winter run where he found only Une Artiste too good. He is a tough horse and trainer and jockey have been going well so 16/1 looks too big. He is only 6 so I would expect he should have continued to strengthen and improve in his 2 years off

I fully expect that Dara Tango in this will not have to come off the bridle to win - his run the last day was against a real improver, and didn't get a hard race when he knew he wouldn't win after the last

would also fancy Snow Falcon, has the all important hurdling experience over Identity Thief

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Agreed class horse but would the ground not be against edeymi - he won the gpt at galway but one to have a close eye on though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Got word for Social Riser in the opener at Limerick today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Best handicapped horse running today is als memory lingfield 3.20 2/1.if evans decides to let him run he will win.

Advertisement