Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Racing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Whatsgonewrong

I had a tip for Irish bulletin Lto it was second to a good favourite who has since won a decent handicap, Irish Bulletin runs again In Limerick Friday In the first, and rated 116 It will be favourite but I am fairly confident from its previous race that It will take all the beating and will be a good start to a great days racing.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

I'm not usually one for short prices but Faugheen Vautour double pays about evens. Lump job I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

DylanAFC wrote: »
    I'm not usually one for short prices but Faugheen Vautour double pays about evens. Lump job I reckon.

I've layed Faugheen, think there's a couple to trouble him tomorrow and feel he's too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

12.15 Lep - Ordinary World, lovely first run over hurdles in a decent contest last time, Mullins horse will want to be super smart to beat him, the fact that he's not in the aeroplane colours and has been off 400 days suggests the value lies with De Bromhead charge

be interesting to see it anything can get Faugheen off the bridle

King George is very open, should be fascinating contest, Dynaste to run better than last year for me on the better ground

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

I've layed Faugheen, think there's a couple to trouble him tomorrow and feel he's too short.

Who do you think will trouble him and why, he is the banker for tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Kalkir
    Faugheen
    Vautour
    Sapphire De Rue

Accum just pays over 7/2 and pays for tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

If Dynaste wins the KG, I'm going to **** over the race re run covered in €50 notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Nuts102 wrote: »

You don't necessarily have to think the horse is going to lose to think he is too short. FWIW I think he's a little too short too, 8/13 would be fair in what is a much better race than he's used to facing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

Next 3 in the market in particular Sign of a victory. Thought visually he looked great LTO and can see him improving again for that run and when Faugheen goes through the gears, I think he'll find it hard to shake him off.

Also if you want a banker at similar price, Pretend in the 1:45 at Wolverhampton looks a certainty.

the novice chase in Limerick is very interesting, Adriana Des Mottes has a big penalty to carry even though its getting lumps of weight from Gilgamboa

think the JP horse is top class though and can do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

If Dynaste wins the KG, I'm going to **** over the race re run covered in €50 notes.

That should be - when dynaste wins the KG

coopdog85 wrote: »
    That should be - when dynaste wins the KG

Please God!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

Kalkir
    Faugheen
    Vautour
    Sapphire De Rue

Accum just pays over 7/2 and pays for tomorrow.

i took those 4 myself along with
    on the fringe

cue card

no dice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I don't know if you want to believe him or not but D. Pipe has said publically he doesn't think Dynaste will be able to improve enought to win the King George

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Gilgamboa, Vautour, Kelkir & Faugheen lucky 15 for me tomorrow, was tempted to have Champagne Fever but no, can't trust him at all, was never a fan to be honest. Was a 50/50 choice between Gilgamboa & Wounded Warrior in that Limerick race.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

Nulty wrote: »
    I don't know if you want to believe him or not but D. Pipe has said publically he doesn't think Dynaste will be able to improve enought to win the King George

David Pipe also said that Western Warhorse should have been running in a handicap chase instead of the Arkle. I wouldn't believe a word out of his mouth. The horse is good enough to win the King George. He was favourite for it last year & just needs to get himself jumping early tomorrow & he'll be right in the mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

EICVD wrote: »
    Gilgamboa, Vautour, Kelkir & Faugheen lucky 15 for me tomorrow, was tempted to have Champagne Fever but no, can't trust him at all, was never a fan to be honest. Was a 50/50 choice between Gilgamboa & Wounded Warrior in that Limerick race.

Very short for a lucky 15, would you not be better off with an acca? If Gilgamboa lost (most likely of the three pricewise) then you'd be losing money anyway, surely something like a 3rd of the stake acca makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Did carraig mor, cue card and zip top in singles and Trixie's.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

I did a 5er yankee stephens day last year the other 3 won. i got 1200. it would have been 12 grand if dynaste won.

slaneylad wrote: »
    I did a 5er yankee stephens day last year the other 3 won. i got 1200. it would have been 12 grand if dynaste won.

Pulled muscles apparently

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Will Paddy Power offer the W/O fav markets in shop for the Kempton Races? Christmas Hurdle in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Will Paddy Power offer the W/O fav markets in shop for the Kempton Races? Christmas Hurdle in particular?

I'd assume so. Just did sgt reckless but probably should have done a forecast with ladbrokes. No idea how to calculate forecasts???

handsfree2 wrote: »
    Did carraig mor, cue card and zip top in singles and Trixie's.

I like all of these bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭ger664

Faugheen won last race out of condition. I would expect him to win handily. The value in this race is who will follow him home. Luckily I took the 20's PP had on offer today on AP's mount Purple Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 arsenalfh

ger664 wrote: »
    Faugheen won last race out of condition. I would expect him to win handily. The value in this race is who will follow him home. Luckily I took the 20's PP had on offer today on AP's mount Purple Bay.

Decent ground on a sharpish flat track is exactly what Faugheen doesn't want so for me there's no value in him at 2/5. He may win well but it will be through his pure class as conditions are definitely in Irving's favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

arsenalfh wrote: »
    Decent ground on a sharpish flat track is exactly what Faugheen doesn't want so for me there's no value in him at 2/5. He may win well but it will be through his pure class as conditions are definitely in Irving's favour.

Punchestown last year was arguably his best performance. That was on good to yielding ground over a sharpish two mile hurdle track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Plenty of rain this morning at Leopardstown, still coming down too but not as heavy. I'd expect it to cut up after a few races especially if it continues

Missie Ella second last at limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Horse running today is of interest to people here...Missie Ella in the 3:15 Limerick...It was mentioned here about a month ago for a plot last Saturday but was pulled...It looks like it might be toady, price gone from 20/1 -14/, as well as first time blinkers and first time cheek pieces and distance change...
    ...completely off topic, but there seems to be two different sections for horse racing and threads...is there any reason why it's split in two?...

• Advertisement

good start by Mullins, should be a bumper few days for him

Advertisement