Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 NYPD cops shot dead in retaliation...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Time for robocop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Yeah because Obama is just every single black person in history.

If you insist.

Okay, Afro-Americans have been (& rightly so) playing up the situation with slavery & all that for countless years.

They complained that they had no chances because of their colour.

So far so good.

Now, it has been proven that there's no colour bar. Obama is their leader now.
    Leader of the Free World.

To continue with the same awld yarn about 'discrimination'. Well it starts to wear thin.

Any residual White Guilt about crimes past will evaporate & the door will be closed to any future Obamas.

Just my 2 cent..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Muslim shoots someone? Must have been motivated by it. Christian shoots someone? Nope, he was just crazy, in fact, we wont even bother mentioning his religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Muslim shoots someone? Must have been motivated by it. Christian shoots someone? Nope, he was just crazy, in fact, we wont even bother mentioning his religion.

Ya I'm sick of those crazy Christians killing in the name of Allah.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

It interests me rather than bothers me. Because if you say:

1) Fifty per cent of Crime X was committed by Whites

it has a different nuance to saying:

2) Whites are responsible for fifty per cent of Crime X.

1) tells you about the ethnic background of the criminals, while 2) reads like it is trying to tell you something about White people.

A tone argument.....seriously?

Maybe instead of attacking the poster with veiled insinuations of racism you attack the post and either prove that the statistics are wrong or try and provide some context for them.

• Advertisement

Ya I'm sick of those crazy Christians killing in the name of Allah.

If a muslim ****s in the woods and nobody is around to here it, is it in the name of allah?

Its not like anyone else with a religion has killed a person :rolleyes:

If a muslim ****s in the woods and nobody is around to here it, is it in the name of allah?

Its not like anyone else with a religion has killed a person :rolleyes:

I'm agreeing with you.

I travel to London regularly so I'm just praying I don't get caught in a sleeper cell Christian attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Race can't be a motive.

Only white people are motivated by racial hatred to kill.

Officers named as Liu Wenjin and Raphael Ramos. Sounds like Asian-American and Latino to me. So where's this racist angle you're fishing for?

I'm agreeing with you.

I travel to London regularly so I'm just praying I don't get caught in a sleeper cell Christian attack.

Assuming you are older than 18 I would say you are safe from Christians. Because it seems like all members of a religion are the same :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

You'd think that now that Obama is in the White House, this persecution complex that a lot of African-Americans seem to have might have gone away.

Still very much alive & well with them, it seems. Sad really.

Barrack plays the race card a lot, so why would the situation improve?

• Advertisement

Assuming you are older than 18 I would say you are safe from Christians. Because it seems like all members of a religion are the same :rolleyes:

Oh Christians much more dangerous wouldn't you agree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Maybe instead of attacking the poster with veiled insinuations of racism you attack the post and either prove that the statistics are wrong or try and provide some context for them.

No veiled insinuations of racism from me, nor am I saying that that the statistics are wrong.

Maybe you should read last couple of pages of the thread a bit more carefully.

Barrack plays the race card a lot, so why would the situation improve?

Does he? I'm not aware of that.

If he is, he's doing a massive disservice to black Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

No veiled insinuations of racism from me, nor am I saying that that the statistics are wrong.

Maybe you should read last couple of pages of the thread a bit more carefully.

You outright claimed the NYC gov "wouldn't use such language".

And yet they did. So again: what is your problem with said language and if not accusing them of "racism"....then what are you accusing them of?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

Does he? I'm not aware of that.

If he is, he's doing a massive disservice to black Americans.

How? Obama is just pointing out the reality of racism in the US.

Really?

How is he doing that exactly? What is the "reality of racism in the US"....according to you?

Is he? Not aware of that.

Still, if some people don't want to participate in society well then, that's their problem.

Of course there's the bleeding heart liberals, the 'as long as it's not in my back-yard' brigade, that defends 'the injustice of it all' & and that guff.

The problem with these Liberal types is that they don't usually have viable solutions to the problems that come up.

They just yammer on about rights for the disadvantaged without questioning as to how these people might take some kinda responsability for their choices, lifestyle & their actions.

'shure the gubberment is to blame':rolleyes:

Welp....I've waited patiently but Karl Stein/CreoleBelle/DonkeyOtey and a few others have not been able to answer any of the questions posed to them.
    Guess that says it all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Some of the stuff people are saying on social media about this is fúcking disgusting.

Just take a look at some examples:
    http://twitchy.com/2014/12/20/can-they-breathe-execution-style-killing-of-two-nypd-officers-celebrated-salute-the-shooter/

How can somebody celebrate something like this. Completely deranged.

Amazingfun wrote: »
    You outright claimed the NYC gov "wouldn't use such language".

And yet they did.

No. They did not.
    In New York City, African-Americans are 25.5 percent of the population, but are responsible for 55.5 percent of homicide, 45.5 percent of rape, 63.5 percent of robbery, and 52.8 percent of aggravated assault.

If you can show me where this actual quote appears in a New York government document, I'm happy to be corrected.

• Advertisement

Welp....I've waited patiently but Karl Stein/CreoleBelle/DonkeyOtey and a few others have not been able to answer any of the questions posed to them.
    Guess that says it all ;)

Maybe if you understood the answers you were given the first time people wouldn't lose interest.

No. They did not.

If you can show me where this actual quote appears in a New York government document, I'm happy to be corrected.

The crime stats are listed in explicit detail. Do you not take this as denoting "responsibility" LOL?

Look at this page-what does it say?

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/analysis_and_planning/2013_year_end_enforcement_report.pdf

Or in your mind are the actual perpetrators of crime not "responsible" for the acts they commit??

Maybe if you understood the answers you were given the first time people wouldn't lose interest.

There has been no answer to the questions posed to them.
    From you only the nonsensical answer which I've addressed above.

Really?

How is he doing that exactly? What is the "reality of racism in the US"....according to you?

Let me rephrase my original statement:
    He is simply sharing his past experiences with racism in the US. Understand now?

:pac: creolebelle *likes* this post and yet hasn't answered the questions posed to her. LOL.

Is he? Not aware of that.

Still, if some people don't want to participate in society well then, that's their problem.

Of course there's the bleeding heart liberals, the 'as long as it's not in my back-yard' brigade, that defends 'the injustice of it all' & and that guff.

The problem with these Liberal types is that they don't usually have viable solutions to the problems that come up.

They just yammer on about rights for the disadvantaged without questioning as to how these people might take some kinda responsability for their choices, lifestyle & their actions.

'shure the gubberment is to blame':rolleyes:

I'm sorry I'm lost. But your point about choosing not to participate in society, it more of people who feel excluded by society

:pac: creolebelle *likes* this post and yet hasn't answered the questions posed to her. LOL.

I just did. I'm not on boards anxiously awaiting replies to my posts. :/

Let me rephrase my original statement:
    He is simply sharing his past experiences with racism in the US. Understand now?

You mean you retract your statement and insinuation regarding the supposed " reality of race in the USA" since it appears you had absolutely nothing on which to base such a statement?

Yes. I understand this-same as I understood it at the time of your first posting it.

The crime stats are listed in explicit detail. Do you not take this as denoting "responsibility" LOL?

Look at this page-what does it say?

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/analysis_and_planning/2013_year_end_enforcement_report.pdf

Or in your mind are the actual perpetrators of crime not "responsible" for the acts they commit??

LOL indeed.

Best of luck with the linguistics PhD.

Goodnight!

• Advertisement

LOL indeed.

Best of luck with the linguistics PhD.

Goodnight!

Smart move ;)

Advertisement