Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 NYPD cops shot dead in retaliation...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Phoebas wrote: »
    That post was really 'simple'.

Life is not as complicated as some people like to make out it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

An off duty police officer was shot at yesterday in St. Louis:

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)-An off duty St. Louis city police officer is recovering Saturday morning after being shot. He came under-fire while simply driving his personal vehicle north on 25th Street near Breman. That’s in north St. Louis.

Police say that the 28-year-old officer was fired upon just before 4:00pm. He was shot multiple times in the lower extremities. His wounds do not appear to be life threatening. The St. Louis Municipal Department says the officer is in critical but stable condition.

It is not clear if that officer ever returned fire.

Police are not sure exactly what prompted the attack on the officer. Police recovered physical evidence at the scene and they have the officer’s car which was struck several times by bullets.

“We don’t know what transpired but the occupants of the other vehicle opened fire. He was struck a number of times. He drove a short distance where someone else took over his vehicle. We think it was someone who was not inside the car with him at that time. They then drove him to the hospital where he was taken into surgery.” said Capt. Michael Sack of the St. Louis Police Department.

There is no information about a suspect at this time.

http://fox2now.com/2014/12/19/off-duty-police-officer-shot-in-north-st-louis/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Yes facts certainly do speak for themselves and explain so much:

New York

What percentage of those live in gated communities, and what percentage live in abject poverty?

feargale wrote: »
    What percentage of those live in gated communities, and what percentage live in abject poverty?

Since that has absolutely fck-all to do with the facts posted....I'll just suggest you find out yourself somehow.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/analysis_and_planning/crime_and_enforcement_activity.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Was murdering his girl friend an act of revenge as well?? Seems like a complete nut job who obviously should never have been allowed access to a gun but that's the US for you.

The incidence does put into perspective though the dangers cops face every day and might explain why a very small percentage of them resort to, what some people in the cold light of day would claim to be, excessive force.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I recommend watching this brilliant speech by David Simon (of The Wire) i which he elucidates on the continued decline of America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZOH9DgzTCs

Drug War, for profit prison system, increasing racial divide, world class cities like Chicago turning to sh£T from violence, increasing wealth disparity and no one taking responsibility for anything.

It's sad what's happening to what should be a great country and I only see it getting worse. There's a very adversarial climate there at the moment and any more incidents like Ferguson and things could go down the rabbit hole very quickly.

We have problems in Ireland but thank God constantly teetering on the edge of a race war and guns aren't part of the equation.

Looks good on him:

De Blasio accused of having 'blood on his hands': Hundreds attack New York City Mayor for backing anti-cop protesters before two officers were shot dead 'in revenge for Garner'

Hundreds are attacking Mayor Bill de Blasio, President Barack Obama and Al Sharpton after the murder of two police officers in Brooklyn on Saturday

Many are saying that Mayor de Blasio has 'blood on his hands' and 'should be charged with murder'
    Retired NYPD detective Harry Houck told CNN, 'I guess Al Sharpton got what he wanted' #

A Move On petition demanding that Mayor de Blasio resign already has thousands of signatures

Sharpton has released a statement saying, 'We plan to hold a press conference in the morning to express our outrage and our condolences to the families and the police department'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2882169/Bill-Blasio-charged-murder-Hundreds-attack-New-York-City-Mayor-having-blood-hands-two-police-officers-ambushed-killed.html#ixzz3MUF7swog
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Xeyn

Since that has absolutely fck-all to do with the facts posted....I'll just suggest you find out yourself somehow.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/analysis_and_planning/crime_and_enforcement_activity.shtml

Of course it does have everything I do with it. Black Americans are disproportionately represented below te poverty line- the demographic most likely to offend. The percentage of whites living below the poverty line are also more likely to offend, it just so happens there are a lot more blacks in that particular group than whites. Approximately 30% of black Americans are poor compared to 10% of white Americans.
    Makes a mockery of that ridiculous comment someone made about the president being black cancelling out racial inequalities.

OT: it seems apparent like the sydney killer that this guy merely wanted to kill and decided to pick a convenient banner to pin to his corpse.
    Very sad for the victims families.

Xeyn wrote: »
    Of course it does have everything I do with it. Black Americans are disproportionately represented below te poverty line- the demographic most likely to offend. The percentage of whites living below the poverty line are also more likely to offend, it just so happens there are a lot more blacks in that particular group than whites. Approximately 30% of black Americans are poor compared to 10% of white Americans.
    Makes a mockery of that ridiculous comment someone made about the president being black cancelling out racial inequalities.

OT: it seems apparent like the sydney killer that this guy merely wanted to kill and decided to pick a convenient banner to pin to his corpse.
    Very sad for the victims families.

BS.

Feel free to offer supporting evidence for your rant though. I'm so intersted in how poverty causes a population of 25% in NYC to be responsible for 45 % of the city's rapes?

"The White Ghetto":

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/367903/white-ghetto-kevin-d-williamson

There’s a great deal of drug use, welfare fraud, and the like, but the overall crime rate throughout Appalachia is about two-thirds the national average, and the rate of violent crime is half the national average, according to the National Criminal Justice Reference Service. …

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Yes facts certainly do speak for themselves and explain so much:

I googled this bit of your post...

In New York City, African-Americans are 25.5 percent of the population, but are responsible for 55.5 percent of homicide, 45.5 percent of rape, 63.5 percent of robbery, and 52.8 percent of aggravated assault.

... and it brought me to a website that my web browser protection (WOT web of trust) gives a red warning for trustworthiness and child safety. It warns about 'hate, discrimination' and 'Misleading claims, unethical'.

Your source is a white supremacist blogger.

Karl Stein wrote: »
    I googled this bit of your post...

In New York City, African-Americans are 25.5 percent of the population, but are responsible for 55.5 percent of homicide, 45.5 percent of rape, 63.5 percent of robbery, and 52.8 percent of aggravated assault.

... and it brought me to a website that my web browser protection (WOT web of trust) gives a red warning for trustworthiness and child safety. It warns about 'hate, discrimination' and 'Misleading claims, unethical'.

Back in a sec.

Are you for real? I gave you the link already:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

That's a shocking link > you should put an over 18's warning on it :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

That's not where the executive summary comes from though, is it?

It makes it sound as if all African-Americans are collectively responsible for the crimes, which is not language that the NYC government would use.

That's not where the executive summary comes from though, is it?

It makes it sound as if all African-Americans are collectively responsible for the crimes, which is not language that the NYC government would use.

:pac: Yes it's all a conspiracy!

Let's deal in reality- shall we?

From 2013 report:

Rape

Rape victims are most frequently Black
    (40.8%) or Hispanic (34.5%). White victims
    account for (17.7%) of all Rape victims while
    Asian/Pacific Islanders account for (6.5%) of
    all Rape Victims.
    Rape suspects are most frequently
    Black (53.0%) or Hispanic (33.4%). White
    suspects account for (9.9%) of all Rape
    suspects while Asian/Pacific Islanders
    accounted for (2.8%) of the known Rape
    suspects.

Rape arrestees are most frequently
    Black (46.0%) and Hispanic (42.1%). White
    arrestees (6.0%) and Asian/Pacific Islander
    arrestees (5.7%) account for the remaining
    portions of the Rape arrestee population.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/analysis_and_planning/2013_year_end_enforcement_report.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

I know you're supposed to attack the post and not the poster so hopefully I word this right.

Amazingfun, all of your posts I've seen on boards are coming accross as thinly veiled rasist posting. From what I can see anytime you are posting in a thread that has any slight race related topic you are itching to post 'facts' and articles that try and turn it into a full blown race war a la Cartman.

:pac: Yes it's all a conspiracy!

Let's deal in reality- shall we?

Yes, let's.

I'm not disputing the statistics.

I'm drawing attention to the language. Can you see that, or am I wasting everyone's time?

I know you're supposed to attack the post and not the poster so hopefully I word this right.

Amazingfun, all of your posts I've seen on boards are coming accross as thinly veiled rasist posting. From what I can see anytime you are posting in a thread that has any slight race related topic you are itching to post 'facts' and articles that try and turn it into a full blown race war a la Cartman.

I don't care what your opinion is of my postings on Boards.

I do note how you'd rather focus on me rather than on the NYC crime stats.
    Maybe ask yourself why that is?

And I see you've italicized 'facts'? Do you have some other 'facts' you think are more accurate/authentic than those given?

Yes, let's.

I'm not disputing the statistics.

I'm drawing attention to the language. Can you see that, or am I wasting everyone's time?

Well...this is Boards. I wouldn't worry about people wasting time lol ;)

But I haven't the faintest clue what you're on about. That stats are the stats and if you accept them then why does the "language" bother you so?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Are you for real?

Yes.
    I gave you the link already:

When I googled one of your statistics on crime in a post you had no link to it brought me to a racist blogger's pseudonym 'Hunter Wallace'.

Are you familiar with 'Occidental Dissent' and other such Southern white supremacist bloggers from the US?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

But I haven't the faintest clue what you're on about. That stats are the stats and if you accept them then why does the "language" bother you so?

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--OXuXBk03--/18calq4ybym0sjpg.jpg

So if we ban internet explorer black people will disappear? Yay statistics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

There you go!

Obama makes it to the top of the tree & still blacks feel disenfranchised & out of the loop where opportunities are concerned.

Of course anybody pointing this out is automatically considered a Racist though.

Yeah because Obama is just every single black person in history.

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Yes.

When I googled one of your statistics on crime in a post you had no link to it brought me to a racist blooger's pseudonym 'Hunter Wallace'.

Are you familiar with 'Occidental Dissent' and other such Southern white supremacist bloggers from the US?

Karl Stein: (not that I care as your agenda is obvious)--but you have been given the NYC gov.com website wherein backup for all crime stats are to be found.

Do you think they are lying? Are they too "supremacists" in your mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Shootings like these help explain why the US police can seem so heavy handed - it is an ongoing threat they face day in, day out.

Politically, I think the US public will weigh in behind the police after this and political and public figures who were making OTT comments will be back-pedalling from anti-police positions and statements as fast as they can. That said I'm also sure the shooter will be embraced as a counter-culture hero.

Lazy talk about cops murdering people encourages people to target police officers. Everyone is responsible for their own actions, but you'd hope public figures stick to the facts of the various cases in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Don't do it so.

If you have a problem with the statistics, call him on it.

Cowardly way to try and stop a debate, call someone a racist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Sand wrote: »
    Shootings like these help explain why the US police can seem so heavy handed - it is an ongoing threat they face day in, day out.

Politically, I think the US public will weigh in behind the police after this and political and public figures who were making OTT comments will be back-pedalling from anti-police positions and statements as fast as they can. That said I'm also sure the shooter will be embraced as a counter-culture hero.

Lazy talk about cops murdering people encourages people to target police officers. Everyone is responsible for their own actions, but you'd hope public figures stick to the facts of the various cases in future.

It's not lazy talk if they actually did murder people. But it doesn't give anyone the right to go out & murder any two people cops or no cops.

It's not lazy talk if they actually did murder people. But it doesn't give anyone the right to go out & murder any two people cops or no cops.

As you well ought to admit by now: it's already been settled. The Mike Brown case was no murder. He attacked Officer Wilson.

The Eric Garner case was no murder of an innocent by an officer either btw.

It interests me rather than bothers me. Because if you say:

1) Fifty per cent of Crime X was committed by Whites

it has a different nuance to saying:

2) Whites are responsible for fifty per cent of Crime X.

1) tells you about the ethnic background of the criminals, while 2) reads like it is trying to tell you something about White people.

• Advertisement

Advertisement