Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denis O'Brien Irelands Sinister Fringe.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

So much anger just because someone has money. No wonder the brightest leave Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

20Cent wrote: »
    Really?
    Post up the tenders then.
    Sieman's offered to install meters for free.
    Sierra got the contract after the closing date and before Sierra was even incorporated! Explain that one!

Jesus H Christ....

Yeah. Siemens were totally interested in doing Ireland a solid. Their shareholders really wanted to just install hundreds of thousands of water meters for the craic. In fact, Siemens just makes hundreds of millions in profit each year by giving away freebies.

For someone who loves to uncover facts and dig up the great secrets hidden from the Irish people, it's pretty clear you lack critical thinking skills. Thank god you weren't on the committee tendering the contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Laugh all you like lads BUT O'Brien is just too cozy with FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

You're the one saying he made the lowest bids. Clearly not true.
    Shouldn't need an FOI the tenders process should be open and transparent.

Well, having worked in the PS for quite a number of years I've never seen anyone except the lowest bidder get the gig (and generally do a poor job of it).

It amazes me that people will happily come on d'interwebs to complain about stuff like this rather than bang in an FoI request - it takes about as long to frame one as it does to put up a couple of posts here.

And as for me putting up the tenders - even if I could access them I doubt the pitchfork wielding mob would accept them if they contradicted their narrative about the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

Jawgap wrote: »
    Well, having worked in the PS for quite a number of years
    That's it. You're done for. :pac:

• Advertisement

Dean0088 wrote: »
    Jesus H Christ....

Yeah. Siemens were totally interested in doing Ireland a solid. Their shareholders really wanted to just install hundreds of thousands of water meters for the craic. In fact, Siemens just makes hundreds of millions in profit each year by giving away freebies.

For someone who loves to uncover facts and dig up the great secrets hidden from the Irish people, it's pretty clear you lack critical thinking skills. Thank god you weren't on the committee tendering the contracts.

Actually I heard Siemens were going to fabricate the water meters from the e-voting machines :)

Also are people really saying that there'd be no water protests if Siemens put the meters in?

If anything the more IW are charged for the meters the better, because it undermines their business model and increases the possibility of the company folding.

That's it. You're done for. :pac:

It's alright I baled in September for a higher salary in the private sector - I'm back to being a paid up member of society ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Jesus H Christ....

Thought it was common knowledge that this happened.

Siemens cheaper water meter offer snubbed by Minister Hogan
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/siemens-cheaper-water-meter-offer-snubbed-by-minister-hogan-26845507.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Laugh all you like lads BUT O'Brien is just too cozy with FG.

What do you know about their relationship? Nothing.

I've never seen so many contact experts that are intimately aware of every Irish business deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

A well made point from a contact on Facebook:

"While the protesters were standing outside the Dail on the 10th, the bould Denis was profiteering from it and the majority of people didn't even know it. Every barrier that was erected around the street made Denis's an absolute fortune. Denis bought the barriers for little or nothing through his offshore tax haven company (Millington), based in the Isle of Man, using some of the savings that he made by buying Siteserv (the company that supplied said barriers) at a massive discount of €105 million of taxpayers money, from his pals in (Alan Dukes & Co) in Anglo Irish/IBRC.

*I am aware that lots of people will know that Siteserv supplied the barriers but this information is for those people "who didn't know" and there are millions of them, so spread the news...

CORRUPT OR CORRUPT IS THE QUESTION?

No wonder Enda and Kelly were laughing their heads off and telling the protesters that they don't care because they are sticking with the bondholders plan to install meters, no matter how much we protest. But I wonder if there is another reason that they are laughing their heads off for? Unless you were a total narcissist, unhinged or just plain old corrupt then you wouldn't even consider selling out your people to the corporate and banking sector...So which one are they? Personally, I would say that they like a bit of corporate corruption in the form of big brown envelopes!

This also leads me to how much more Denis is profiting off of the ordinary people... Every water meter that is installed makes Denis, a clear profit of about €300 give or take a few euro, therefore if you work that out by the number of households that are "going to receive a meter" is in the region of 2,004,000 according to the CSO. Bearing in mind a huge number of these are un-meterable apartments and rural homes that have their own water supply through water schemes and wells, so we'll take say 500,000 units out of that equation but that still leaves circa 1.5 million homes that are to be metered. I know some have already but that isn't the point of the exercise right now...

I only want to do the maths to show how much profit Denis is going to make out of the metering contract if he gets away with it... Ready?

€450 MILLION EURO IN CLEAR PROFIT, AS DENIS PAYS ABSOLUTELY NO TAXES ON PROFITS IN IRELAND!!

HOGAN DIDN'T LOSE OUT EITHER!
    How much of this reached Phil Hogan's pockets in advance of Denis "being awarded the water metering contract? As has been proven, Denis has a propensity to bribe Fine Gael Ministers... He did it once and no doubt he did it again!

I don't think I can add anymore to this as it speaks for itself..."

• Advertisement

Your "contact" just outrageously libelled Phil Hogan and Denis O'Brien.

Beaner1 wrote: »
    What do you know about their relationship? Nothing.

I've never seen so many contact experts that are intimately aware of every Irish business deal.

We all know what the Tribunal said but continue to ignore it :rolleyes:

Your "contact" just outrageously libelled Phil Hogan and Denis O'Brien.
    Why? For speaking the truth?

What part of the story is untrue?

^^^^^^^^charging for water was the bondholders' idea?????:confused:

Wurly wrote: »
    Why? For speaking the truth?

What part of the story is untrue?

You said Phil Hogan recieved personal bribes for a tender award.

^^^^^^^^charging for water was the bondholders' idea?????:confused:

Let me ask you a genuine question. Who do you think runs the world?

If we are the lowest as ordinary citizens, then who is the highest ranked? And what does the ranking system look like? I'm genuinely interested in your opinion.

If we are the lowest as ordinary citizens, then who is the highest ranked? And what does the ranking system look like? I'm genuinely interested in your opinion.

Oh, I so want to say 'the Illuminati' (O'Brien is one, isn't he?) but I really know it's a combination of the Bilderberg Group and the Trilateral Commission.

Really it's the Yanks, but I'll give it a hundred years before the chimes take over.

I don't think there is 'ranking' system anymore than I think there are fairies at the bottom of the garden. I think to a large degree your fate is in your own hands, but luck is a significant factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

It's ironic that the brigade who moan about balancing the national accounts promoting water charges, spending cuts etc also support an exiled tax billionaire controlling our media and fuel stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

rothschilds, rockefellas..jewish bankers and mega corporations.

Thought it was common knowledge that this happened.

Siemens cheaper water meter offer snubbed by Minister Hogan
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/siemens-cheaper-water-meter-offer-snubbed-by-minister-hogan-26845507.html

It was a terrible deal. As I've said before, giving Siemens maintenance of a crumbling network would have been madness. The lowballed their offer in the hopes of getting idiots to pressure the government into accepting. It didn't work.

Imagine the profit Siemens would have made over the next fifty years by keeping Ireland's failing water supply system working. Every year the maintenance bill would have been bigger and bigger, and if the government ever decided that they wanted to renegotiate the "deal", all Siemens would have to do is start turning off supplies around the country in the name of "maintenance".

Their offer was like going with a Payday lender instead of a mortgage broker.

You honestly think a huge multi-national as big as Siemens that has outlived world wars, cold wars and decades of technological change got to where it is by being a daft and handing out stupidly low prices for massive infrastructure projects?

• Advertisement

moxin wrote: »
    It's ironic that the brigade who moan about balancing the national accounts promoting water charges, spending cuts etc also support an exiled tax billionaire controlling our media and fuel stations.

I'm not supporting the man, I'm just against whacked-out conspiracy theories!!

And people don't have to buy from him.

I don't support him at all but I don't see him as some kind of bogeyman to blamd all of our woes on. The protestor class in Ireland are largely to blame.

And who was found to be corrupt by a Government ordered Tribunal.

Oh, I so want to say 'the Illuminati' (O'Brien is one, isn't he?) but I really know it's a combination of the Bilderberg Group and the Trilateral Commission.
    If you'd have said that, i'd have agreed with you.;)
    Really it's the Yanks, but I'll give it a hundred years before the chimes take over.
    Why do you say it's the yanks over 'the illuminati'?
    How do you mean when the chimes take over?

I don't think there is 'ranking' system anymore than I think there are fairies at the bottom of the garden. I think to a large degree your fate is in your own hands, but luck is a significant factor.

Do you believe then that luck is out of your own hands to some extent?

If our fate is in our own hands, then how come certain things are made so difficult for us? Buying a home for instance. Or holding bank gamblers accountable for their crimes. Like, why do we have to pay back their debt but they get off scot free? That would suggest that we're not in control of how the world is being run.

lufties wrote: »
    rothschilds, rockefellas..jewish bankers and mega corporations.

It's the Illuminati. And the lizard people. :eek:

And who was found to be corrupt by a Government ordered Tribunal.

Well case closed then - he's definitely guilty of everything!!

I don't support him at all but I don't see him as some kind of bogeyman to blamd all of our woes on. The protestor class in Ireland are largely to blame.

You obviously appreciate the "help" he gives to FG :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

It was a terrible deal. As I've said before, giving Siemens maintenance of a crumbling network would have been madness. The lowballed their offer in the hopes of getting idiots to pressure the government into accepting. It didn't work.

Imagine the profit Siemens would have made over the next fifty years by keeping Ireland's failing water supply system working. Every year the maintenance bill would have been bigger and bigger, and if the government ever decided that they wanted to renegotiate the "deal", all Siemens would have to do is start turning off supplies around the country in the name of "maintenance".

Their offer was like going with a Payday lender instead of a mortgage broker.

You honestly think a huge multi-national as big as Siemens that has outlived world wars, cold wars and decades of technological change got to where it is by being a daft and handing out stupidly low prices for massive infrastructure projects?

Got a link to the actual offer made then?
    I was replying to someone who said O'Brien made the lowest bid. Since we don't know the details of the bids one can't make that claim.

There's no Denis O Brian fan club in this country AFAIK.

I think most people are tired of the tall tales, half truths and exaggerations that surround the mans name day in, day out. I couldn't give a fiddlers if he went bankrupt tomorrow - I just think it's laughable that he's now some boogyman scapegoat climbing a brown paper envelope mountain.

Some of the stories and accusations leveled at DOB make House of Cards seeming boring! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

"Protestor class"

I do get a good laugh out of your posts :pac:

Advertisement