Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open 2015 at Royal County Down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭newport2

Old diesel wrote: »
    actually isn't it 5 when you include the Pro am?????

My understanding is that they play the Pro Am on Wednesday - the competition then starting on Thursday.

Or is the Pro Am optional????

I know Padraig normally seems to do it based on his own comments re his preview and reviews of his events.

But I accept it MAY be optional

No, you're right, it's 5 days, pro-am is not optional. Need a good excuse to get out of it.

My post was tongue in cheek. Professional athletes should be well able to handle 5 rounds a week, but i accept the mentally draining aspect is something i may not be factoring in. Still an easier week than most guys on here have though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Does anyone have any ideas of the groups and times for the Friday? I tried the website but didnt see anything, maybe it's too early?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

etxp wrote: »
    Does anyone have any ideas of the groups and times for the Friday? I tried the website but didnt see anything, maybe it's too early?

Won't be out till Tuesday next week I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Now sold out Fri, Sat, Sun. Great sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭blackwhite

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Now sold out Fri, Sat, Sun. Great sign.

Was planning to go up the Friday, but wasn't sure how work would be.

When I saw there was still tickets earlier this week I didn't think the Friday would sell out.

So......... anyone know of anyone looking to sell two Friday tickets?? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Can you let people borrow the season pass? I don't see a name attached to the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Can you let people borrow the season pass? I don't see a name attached to the ticket.

Had no issues doing that in Carton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I have 2 tickets for the Sunday.
    Unfortunately I can't make it now.
    I will sell at face value (€100 / £80) for the pair
    PM me if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Will they accept Euros in the course or should I get some Sterling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Looks like Rory is out ear!y Thursday and late Friday if you go by sky coverage Thursday 8am til 1 and friday no morning coverage sky on at 12 til 6

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

jjll wrote: »
    Looks like Rory is out ear!y Thursday and late Friday if you go by sky coverage Thursday 8am til 1 and friday no morning coverage sky on at 12 til 6

That's the way it has been for the last few years for Rory. There will be another big feature group who will be out late Thursday, early Friday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dungiven

From looking at the map on irish open website there seems to be a number of free Grandstands throughout the course? Anyone with knowledge of the course that could recommend which one would be best? Obviously the 18th on the last day but is there any that you can maybe see a couple of holes from rather than just looking at the same shot all day..

What do you guys reckon is the best strategy when attending one of these events? Going to be a serious crowd following the big hitters so are you better to go on out to one of the later holes and get a good spot at the green etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

HighLine wrote: »
    That's the way it has been for the last few years for Rory. There will be another big feature group who will be out late Thursday, early Friday though.

I'm guessing Rory, Rickie, and an other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

dungiven wrote:
    From looking at the map on irish open website there seems to be a number of free Grandstands throughout the course? Anyone with knowledge of the course that could recommend which one would be best? Obviously the 18th on the last day but is there any that you can maybe see a couple of holes from rather than just looking at the same shot all day..

dungiven wrote:
    What do you guys reckon is the best strategy when attending one of these events? Going to be a serious crowd following the big hitters so are you better to go on out to one of the later holes and get a good spot at the green etc...

I'd love to know the same advice if anyone has been to one of these events before, what's the best strategy??

Irish Open week has begun! Rory already out for an early practice round.

https://twitter.com/JamesHaddockSky/status/602816859105296384

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

dungiven wrote: »

shaunac93 wrote: »
    I'd love to know the same advice if anyone has been to one of these events before, what's the best strategy??

Clubhouse ... Corporate Hospitality :)

He has actually been out for 2... was out yesterday morning also with his Dad

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

GMac could do with a good week - really sliding in the rankings now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

shaunac93 wrote: »

I prefer to pick a spot somewhere around the 6th/7th, stay there for a couple of hours until a group I want to follow comes along and then follow them for 7 or 8 holes plonking myself on the 14th/15th to watch a few more groups going through.

Worst thing you can do is try to see too much imo.
    It's strange enough being there for the first time, you're nowhere as clued in to whats going on as you would be watching it on tv so there's an urge to run around trying to take everything in.

What kind of green fees do you think they charged Rory today, rack rate as he's hardly a GUI member these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Heading up Friday,1st time attending,just wondering if anyone has any tips?mainly about grub,footwear,clothing etc.?

• Advertisement

Heading up Friday,1st time attending,just wondering if anyone has any tips?mainly about grub,footwear,clothing etc.?

I'm going Friday too. I'm going to bring my rucksack and keep my wet gear in it, as the forecast isn't fantastic, some water, snacks and sun cream. Unless it's bone dry with no chance of rain, which is highly unlikely, I'll be wearing my golf shoes.

I'll keep a full change of clothes and sole food in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Finlay Harp

3 new food outlets have opened in Newcastle this week. Plenty of places to eat and drink and most are opening from 6 in the morning until late for Open week. Town is looking good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    What kind of green fees do you think they charged Rory today, rack rate as he's hardly a GUI member these days?

PGA tour members don't pay green fees in Ireland AFAIK

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

God I hope the weather forecasters are wrong. A weekend of sh1t weather will do nothing for the golf course nevermind us poor spectators (going Sunday).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dungiven

The Met Office website gives a good forecast for Sat with no rain expected at all but really how accurate are these 5 day forecasts? It's Ireland so we may prepare for all four seasons in the one day as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Tee times are out

Padraig off the 1st at 12.50 PM on Thursday with his old foe Garcia and defending champion Ilonen.

Shane is off the 1st at 1 P.M with Ernie and Frankie Molinari.

McIlroy off the 10th at 8 a.m with Kaymer and Rickie.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2015/tournamentid=2015040/teetimes/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

If anyone has a ticket for Sunday for sale at face value, I would really appreciate a PM!

Mods please delete if not allowed in thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Are the tee times and playing partners fixed beforehand or are they just random?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

AdpRo wrote: »
    If anyone has a ticket for Sunday for sale at face value, I would really appreciate a PM!

Mods please delete if not allowed in thread.

Stick an add on adverts and like it back to the for sale / wanted thread. ;)

Advertisement