Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open 2015 at Royal County Down

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

HighLine wrote: »
    Last year it was 6:45am, the year before 7:15am

Depends on how many make the cut. The last tee time will be set by TV and work backwards from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Just bought the season ticket for 77GBP. Don't know which days suit me so this seemed the best option.

Plus Ardee is only just over an hour away so should be able to make two days comfortably enough :)

Might try and make the pro-am as don't really enjoy it when it's totally packed. Here's hoping for some good weather, although not too good as I'd rather be playing somewhere my self then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Chancing my arm big time but if anyone has accommodation that they are not using on the Sat night can they pm me please. Willing to stay anywhere from dublin up. Thanks Guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Where would the pros be staying for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is this sold out?

Anyone get their tickets yet?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Anyone get their tickets yet?

Got an email today to say mine have been dispatched.

Not sold out yet

• Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Got an email today to say mine have been dispatched.

Not sold out yet

what days you going?
    think i'll head fri, sat & sun

Seve OB wrote: »
    what days you going?
    think i'll head fri, sat & sun

just heading to it on the sunday, hoping all big guys are still around.

Expecting a personal introduction to rory from ya :p

shaunac93 wrote: »
    just heading to it on the sunday, hoping all big guys are still around.

Expecting a personal introduction to rory from ya :p

never met him myself but i'll introduce you to jp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I'm planning to do a day trip from Galway on the Friday. Any ideas of how mental the traffic will be? I'm going to drive to the Northfield park and ride which is south of Castlewellan. I've driven Galway-Newry before in about 3 hours, going at a very leisurely pace. Should I budget around 4 to get parked and to the course?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Down9194

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I'm planning to do a day trip from Galway on the Friday. Any ideas of how mental the traffic will be? I'm going to drive to the Northfield park and ride which is south of Castlewellan. I've driven Galway-Newry before in about 3 hours, going at a very leisurely pace. Should I budget around 4 to get parked and to the course?

Yes about 30-35 mins should take you from Newry to Newcastle but traffic could bottleneck in Castlewellan so give yourself an extra hour

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sodbuster

Do RTE have the rights to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭Speak Now

sodbuster wrote: »
    Do RTE have the rights to this?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

I was originally planning on heading up the Sunday but unfortunately I cannot go now. Therefore I am selling my ticket for Sunday if anyone would like to buy it, cost price of course

Anyone know the situation regarding photography and phones. I'd like to take some photos but don't want to lug around my camera all day so I'd like to use my phone (for photos only), is this permissible?

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Anyone know the situation regarding photography and phones. I'd like to take some photos but don't want to lug around my camera all day so I'd like to use my phone (for photos only), is this permissible?

wasn't a problem last year

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

I was going to buy a ticket for saturday but it says the parking tickets are sold out. Where in Gods name am I supposed to park?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Patrick Reed has withdrawn from Wentworth and the Irish Open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Patrick Reed has withdrawn from Wentworth and the Irish Open.

That's a bit strange that he confirmed to play in both events and then just pulls out for no reason. And then he decides to play the Crown Plaza event this week instead of the BMW.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'd say Rors will be ****ed for this event, he has a lot with 5 weeks in a row along with mid-week commitments, he looked wrecked at the post round interview on Sunday evening...I hope not though

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭newport2

slave1 wrote: »
    I'd say Rors will be ****ed for this event, he has a lot with 5 weeks in a row along with mid-week commitments, he looked wrecked at the post round interview on Sunday evening...I hope not though

Ah here. Golf 4 days a week for 5 weeks while being treated like royalty with a few commitments on the side. And that's before a few million thrown in for his efforts. I'll save my sympathy for the lads who golf 2-3 times a week with a 5 day job! :D

roll wrote: »
    I was going to buy a ticket for saturday but it says the parking tickets are sold out. Where in Gods name am I supposed to park?!

There were only a few pre-paid car parking spots at or near the course. There's a free park a ride service from two locations just outside of Newcastle. No need to book them (I hope, because I haven't!).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

There are usually car parking spaces in fields along the road only a couple of minutes from the course (not close to the first tee or clubhouse)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,339 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

HighLine wrote: »
    That's a bit strange that he confirmed to play in both events and then just pulls out for no reason. And then he decides to play the Crown Plaza event this week instead of the BMW.

Initially cited family reasons then enters the Crowne Plaza :rolleyes: Another reason to dislike him!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

fullstop wrote: »
    Initially cited family reasons then enters the Crowne Plaza :rolleyes: Another reason to dislike him!

Reed tweeted an RIP message to what appears to be a close relative a few hours ago which explains his absence from Europe. I'm guessing that he probably won't tee it up at the Colonial but if he does that's his business - it's understandable that he didn't want to be on the other side of the world while someone close to him was dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,818 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Was thinking it could be something like that.

We sometimes forget they are real people too.

Sure we don't know 1/2 the stuff that has gone on with Rory.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

newport2 wrote: »
    Ah here. Golf 4 days a week for 5 weeks while being treated like royalty with a few commitments on the side. And that's before a few million thrown in for his efforts. I'll save my sympathy for the lads who golf 2-3 times a week with a 5 day job! :D

actually isn't it 5 when you include the Pro am?????

My understanding is that they play the Pro Am on Wednesday - the competition then starting on Thursday.

Or is the Pro Am optional????

I know Padraig normally seems to do it based on his own comments re his preview and reviews of his events.

But I accept it MAY be optional

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The world number 15 had earlier told the Golf Channel in a text message: "We have a family member who has been battling cancer and is now in a hospice and they say only has a few days, if that, left. So we don't feel comfortable leaving the country at this time, and wanted to be able to go down and see him before he passes to say our goodbyes.
    "We feel like we need to be close to home and family at this time. We plan on going to Europe and play(ing) overseas this year, just we needed to be within reach this week. And we hope that everyone would respect our privacy during this tough time."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,339 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

The world number 15 had earlier told the Golf Channel in a text message: "We have a family member who has been battling cancer and is now in a hospice and they say only has a few days, if that, left. So we don't feel comfortable leaving the country at this time, and wanted to be able to go down and see him before he passes to say our goodbyes.
    "We feel like we need to be close to home and family at this time. We plan on going to Europe and play(ing) overseas this year, just we needed to be within reach this week. And we hope that everyone would respect our privacy during this tough time."

Well that's fair enough, didn't see that much detail printed anywhere. Still seems strange he'd enter the Crowne Plaza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

Well that's fair enough, didn't see that much detail printed anywhere. Still seems strange he'd enter the Crowne Plaza.

put the shovel down.

Advertisement