Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open 2015 at Royal County Down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Down9194

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Re best route from the South.

I'll be travelling up the M1, Google Maps tells me the best route is to get off the A1 just north of Newry and then route to Castlewellan via Rathfriland. Anyone with local knowledge know if this is a decent route, took a look on Streetview and it doesn't look like the best road.

Would I be better off to keep heading the A1 up as far as Banbridge and routing to Castlewellan via Katesbridge?

Thanks.
    Yes ronnie going on to Banbridge is better road, a little longer but the road is much straighter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Down9194 wrote: »
    Yes ronnie going on to Banbridge is better road, a little longer but the road is much straighter

Thanks a lot, just the info I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

PARlance wrote: »
    Inside the ropes view of Rory playing a couple of holes in the Pro Am via Mark Crossfield.

Can't embed video, here's the link:
    https://youtu.be/9P20yJSuUkc

I eagled 12 :D:p

Thanks for posting that. I'm looking at it on a small screen. I doubt it. But is that Shauna in background on 13 ?

Hardly

Is it just me or did greens look patchy.
    Most links greens are never looking great. We are now so use to watching green parkland.

You can see how gorse will be hit and how it obstructs normal standing locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

I eagled 12 :D:p

Thanks for posting that. I'm looking at it on a small screen. I doubt it. But is that Shauna in background on 13 ?

Hardly

I wish...hopefully will be standing that close to him on Sunday at somestage :p

• Advertisement

Looked a great day to go there.

Small crowds with Rory.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mikepajero182

Do people usually be reselling tickets outside these things? Like you see at concerts? A friend just got off work last minute and wants to come with me in morning

Do people usually be reselling tickets outside these things? Like you see at concerts? A friend just got off work last minute and wants to come with me in morning

you can send him to pub if he doesn't.

I'd be surprised if he didn't get a ticket at gate within 1/2 an hour.

I'm putting my neck on line.
    but for that situation . You have to be a person with a bit of neck and talk.

Not a wilting violet doing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,353 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Well these things very rarely sell out, So hard to tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

While Adverts.ie is an option, it isn't overly or actively popular in the Mournes, there seems to be plenty of them advertised though on the 'aul gumtree *

Normal Caution needed when buying tickets, when not person not present etc. Would also recommend checking the weather. Sun, sea and ice-cream is grand. A wild & wet Norn' Easterly, not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mikepajero182

While Adverts.ie is an option, it isn't overly or actively popular in the Mournes, there seems to be plenty of them advertised though on the 'aul gumtree *

Normal Caution needed when buying tickets, when not person not present etc. Would also recommend checking the weather. Sun, sea and ice-cream is grand. A wild & wet Norn' Easterly, not so much.

Everyone i rang on gumtree with tomorrows tickets has already sold them.
    If he knew a few hours earlier we would have no problem getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pacly

I was planning on going into newry, then around by warrenpoint & kilkeel to park in the park-and -walk car park south of Newcastle.

Google's telling me its about 20 mins longer, but I'm hoping to miss all the traffic? Anyone know if its worth it or if I'm mad?

Can't wait! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Pacly wrote: »
    I was planning on going into newry, then around by warrenpoint & kilkeel to park in the park-and -walk car park south of Newcastle.

Google's telling me its about 20 mins longer, but I'm hoping to miss all the traffic? Anyone know if its worth it or if I'm mad?

Can't wait! :)

Yep, maybe +30mins, a bit more scenic and you can't get lost as it's mostly along the coast. Generally dual-carriageway roads with just the odd surprise hairpin type corner and winding sections to look out for. Cranfield near Kilkeel, or perhaps Tyrella beach further on would be a good spot to stretch the legs and get some kite-surfing done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Not gonna get to see much of this unfortunately, the only day I'm not working is Saturday and I'm playing golf that day plus there's the cup final. My pick for the week is Ernie Els anyway!

Anyone know the best website to follow the action? The PGA site is great for the American events with the shot tracker, any European equivalent?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm off Saturday and Sunday and can't wait for it to start. Going be great weeks golf

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭thewobbler

Yep, maybe +30mins, a bit more scenic and you can't get lost as it's mostly along the coast. Generally dual-carriageway roads with just the odd surprise hairpin type corner and winding sections to look out for. Cranfield near Kilkeel, or perhaps Tyrella beach further on would be a good spot to stretch the legs and get some kite-surfing done.

Are you sure you're a local?

There's dual carriageway for 5 of 30 miles on the coast road. The rest of it will see you struggling to overtake a tractor.

Tyrella would involve actually leaving Newcastle and driving past RCD, then heading out of town for 15 mins.

The big problem with the coast road is that it will deposit you on the wrong side of town and against the one way system, which means sitting in traffic for God knows how long.

Go via Hilltown and park at Northfields.

Re other earlier advice there is absolutely no way anyone coming from the South should go via Rathfriland or Banbridge. The roads aren't better and it adds 10 miles to the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What do people reckon the winning score will be?
    Obviously will be highly dependent on weather conditions but can see plenty of birdies out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Rory's game looks very off- really hope he can make the cut for a change at the Irish. Rickie however is looking very tidy and is -2 thru 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Course and scenery looking stunning.
    Links every year please!

Rickie with a putt to go -4 thru 3

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Anyone know the best website to follow the action? The PGA site is great for the American events with the shot tracker, any European equivalent?

Not exactly a website but stick the Tele on. RTE 2. You might be pleasantly surprised :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭U.P.O.

Or if you're in work, RTE player is showing it live

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Seve OB wrote: »
    Not exactly a website but stick the Tele on. RTE 2. You might be pleasantly surprised :)

I usually get the scores from the European Tour web site - can be a bit slow though:

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2015/tournamentid=2015040/leaderboard/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭Panrich

Another bogey for Rory. Everything looks a bit of a struggle at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Not gonna get to see much of this unfortunately, the only day I'm not working is Saturday and I'm playing golf that day plus there's the cup final. My pick for the week is Ernie Els anyway!

This year they have live radio coverage like they do for The Open. Try the euro tour website/App or tune in radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Thoughts on Gary Murphy? I have to say, I think he is great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Anyone having issues with RTE Player? Saying there is no programme available now all of a sudden!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Seve OB wrote: »
    Thoughts on Gary Murphy? I have to say, I think he is great

My sentiments entirely - I was just about to post the same. I think he is excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭benny79

wont work on android! joke and i have a app called <mod snip> thats lets you watch all the sports channels and the one time I use it to watch the golf in work it keeps freezing :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

the lawman wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with RTE Player? Saying there is no programme available now all of a sudden!

Was that during the add break? Stopped on me for a bit.

Advertisement