Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open 2015 at Royal County Down

Options
  • 10-12-2014 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭

If anyone is interested in going to this in May next year, two things to note:
    1. Tickets are £25 up until Dec 31st... £35 thereafter. A Christmas present perhaps!
    2. There are only 20,000 tickets a day (29,000 went through the gate on the final day at Fota Island this year).

Given the quality of the field expected, it will be a popular event.
    If you want full details, there's a piece up on my blog, or visit www.irishopen.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Great call Kevin, two more Christmas pressies sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Think it is a very easy sell out this year as Portrush was a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Payday tomorrow, 4 tickets hopefully bought after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

If anyone is interested in going to this in May next year, two things to note:
    1. Tickets are £25 up until Dec 31st... £35 thereafter. A Christmas present perhaps!
    2. There are only 20,000 tickets a day (29,000 went through the gate on the final day at Fota Island this year).

Given the quality of the field expected, it will be a popular event.
    If you want full details, there's a piece up on my blog, or visit www.irishopen.ie

40 next summer and have already announced this to Mrs. Loire as my pressie ;) so thanks for the heads up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    Payday tomorrow, 4 tickets hopefully bought after that.

In the end I only bought two for the Sunday for her parents for Christmas. Won't be around that weekend unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Brodick

Hi Kevin.
    There's not much info on the official website.
    Do you know if there will be a Pro/Celeb event on the Wednesday before the Open Day1 on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Brodick wrote: »
    Hi Kevin.
    There's not much info on the official website.
    Do you know if there will be a Pro/Celeb event on the Wednesday before the Open Day1 on Thursday?

No idea, Brodick. I imagine there'll be a Pro-Am alright but the Celebrity part of it - haven't a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Another big name to the list... keep 'em coming

https://twitter.com/KenBrownGolf/status/563688444250308608

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Sergio and Ernie just added

McIlroy doing the business in fairness

• Advertisement

AGC wrote: »
    Sergio and Ernie just added

McIlroy doing the business in fairness

He really is working hard to bring the big names alright. Could be a fairly epic Irish Open this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

HighLine wrote: »
    He really is working hard to bring the big names alright. Could be a fairly epic Irish Open this year.

Let's hope he makes the cut this year!!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

slave1 wrote: »
    Let's hope he makes the cut this year!!!

I have a sneaky feeling he will, just a hunch

In fairness, Fota was a wee bit too hard for him:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭shabalala

Lets hope Rory is as pro active when the Open isn't on his home doorstep.......

RCD was on my bucket list but given they are using mats at the minute I'll skip it, just hope the green fees don't go through the roof after this tournament due to US visitor uptake...:(

shabalala wrote: »

Perhaps give him a chance before the "if it wasn't on his home doorstep" comments are issued. He is doing something very positive for Irish golf which will also benefit his own charitable foundation. Neither of which he has to do or was obliged to undertake...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

ffs he is getting some serious names over to play this event and that still doesnt please some people.

You do realise that newcastle is closer to the border than belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

What have you done recently to rescue attract support for the Irish open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Is there anyway for Joe soaps to qualify for the Pro Am? I know Foto island had a Wednesday proAm qualifier before the last irish open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Is it on in Florida this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

Mm great line up this year. Could be another sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

This is turning into a serious line up. Will definitely make the trip from Cork now.

Sergio & Ernie would both be golfers I'd like to see in the flesh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

So glad I bought 2 tickets over the Christmas period now that the line up is looking so good! They better all be still in it come Sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

May have to try and get more time off work now with the calibre of field that rory and his team are assembling.
    Hopefully the weather stays fair and we have a cracking tight finish in the end with some of the big contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Think its will certainly be a sell out think I read that they are capping it at 20000 per day to protect the course. Rumour is that Dustin Johnson and Keegan Bradley will also be playing.

Be interesting where it goes in 2016, with JP McManus having bought Adare Manor and with his standing among the players from his charity event you would imagine that would be a front runner for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Is there anyway for Joe soaps to qualify for the Pro Am? I know Foto island had a Wednesday proAm qualifier before the last irish open.

Anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Brilliant lineup taking shape. Fair play to Rory - bringing them in!

Rory is deffo pulling a few favours but I think RCD is also a factor, proper links place for Irish Opens and away from parkland, that's why the Scottish Open does so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Peter Uihlein is coming too. I enjoyed following him for quite a few holes at Carton House 2 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Poker Face

Thinking of heading up for the Thursday and Friday. Where would people recommend staying?

Advertisement