Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2015: General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I hope Mercedes don't have this years car with a chrome paint-job. I not fond of chrome paint-jobs.

It looks like they might just do that as per what antodeco posted/linked.

"El Mundo Deportivo claim that the reigning champions will switch from their predominantly silver livery to a mirrored chrome scheme for next year."

We just have to wait to have this speculation confirmed!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

astrofluff wrote: »
    It looks like they might just do that as per what antodeco posted/linked.

"El Mundo Deportivo claim that the reigning champions will switch from their predominantly silver livery to a mirrored chrome scheme for next year."

We just have to wait to have this speculation confirmed!

The chrome paint is probably more aero :p

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Until the sun comes out and reflects off the chrome, and blinds all the drivers behind them!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

antodeco wrote: »
    Until the sun comes out and reflects off the chrome, and blinds all the drivers behind them!

Win win for mercedes so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Not really much of a surprise there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

That's a shock

Said no one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Sure Korea basically told Berni, "we don't want to host a GP next year..."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

2016 will see a minimum age of 18, a road licence and set number of qualifying points in lower series to be able to drive in f1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

2016 will see a minimum age of 18, a road licence and set number of qualifying points in lower series to be able to drive in f1

The old boys club is trying to close ranks and keep it's current members happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,907 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Tom Clarkson confirming the BBC'S ten live races this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117281

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

flazio wrote: »
    Tom Clarkson confirming the BBC'S ten live races this year.
    So no season opener - lovely :rolleyes:

Do we know if Setanta are doing the full season?

D'you know what? If Setanta don't have it this year, that's me gone to sky defo.

I have a great App on my phone that plays Sky F1 and all the Setanta/BT sports channels, so I will just cast it to my phone if needs be.

astrofluff wrote: »
    D'you know what? If Setanta don't have it this year, that's me gone to sky defo.

I called to cancel Setanta yesterday. I had it only really for the F1 for quite some time, then I got offered Sky on a good deal, so had no use for it any more. As usual, they twisted my arm and kept me on at half price :D

I don't understand, do you have UPC or sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

F1 considering 1000hp engines again.

I'll be in favour of that :D

Have to go back to the 80's when the turbo engines were around and over 1000hp in power.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Why do they need to keep changing things every year? There are too many reg changes every year in my opinion. It puts off your average spectator as they don't know what is going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Gillespy

No lap record will be safe.

1000hp just sounds really impressive. More fuel and more revs should mean more decibels also.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

10891884_703714806411315_6072125334039675407_n.jpg?oh=e58a939ef554d46cfe828300748a89f9&oe=553A9A99&__gda__=1430381089_85ce8fba2f2f74c4a8dee8cd4a7c2b65

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    F1 considering 1000hp engines again.

I'll be in favour of that :D

Have to go back to the 80's when the turbo engines were around and over 1000hp in power.
    1000bhp in a modern F1 car would be incredible. I don't know that it would really make the car that much harder to drive, once an F1 car is up to speed and the aero is working their not as difficult as you'd think. Slow corners would be a bit of a nightmare.

I think it's right to start thinking about those things, despite having a horrible accident last year, F1 has shown itself to be pretty safe, the cars are pretty reliable and they don't really seem to be pushing the technology as much as in the past. It would be nice to have the current F1 car be the fastest F1 car.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Is it possible to map the engine to produce more horsepower at the expense of torque?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Is it possible to map the engine to produce more horsepower at the expense of torque?
    Probably, although torque is what makes the car difficult to drive in the slow stuff. They can probably do both these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

United States GP 2014 timelapse:

Williams have announced their launch date - January 22!

Can't find any other site reporting this - goo.gl/gt1rWl

Don't know if its true or not.

So thats McLaren, Williams & Force India.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭F1 fanatic

Force India announced date on the 21st January is only for a livery launch. The new car will not be shown on that day

F1 fanatic wrote: »
    Force India announced date on the 21st January is only for a livery launch. The new car will not be shown on that day

Oh I thought it was for full car launch as its in Mexico.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

No doubt the car launches this year will be the same as they have been for many years and with the same procedure - two drivers peeling back the cover on this years model which usually takes place in a pitlane or back in the factory. Boring boring boring.

Advertisement