Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2015: General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I wonder how Vettel feels after hearing all this...

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Rumours on the web that Bob Bell and Rob Marshall have told Ferrari "Thanks but no thanks."

Midfield anonymity beckons for a few seasons I reckon.

It'll be like watching the early 90's races where you'd see the red Ferraris buried in the mid-pack at the start of every race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Rumours on the web that Bob Bell and Rob Marshall have told Ferrari "Thanks but no thanks."

Midfield anonymity beckons for a few seasons I reckon.

It'll be like watching the early 90's races where you'd see the red Ferraris buried in the mid-pack at the start of every race.
    I bet vettel is starting to regret the move . I can't see Ferrari achieve much in the next 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

iano.p wrote: »
    I bet vettel is starting to regret the move . I can't see Ferrari achieve much in the next 5 years.

I dunno, he's achieved so much - what's left? Perhaps he may have peaked too early, but I would say he's relishing the change to "do a Schumacher" and pull an underperforming team (Ferrari in both cases) up to championship winning levels.

Whether Vettel can inspire a team like Schumacher did is questionable.

From what little there is out there, it seems that the internal politics in Ferrari is the stumbling block to so many departures and failures to hire any big names. Reportedly, Adrian Newey was in talks with Montezemolo about joining the Scuderia, internal politics got in the way with one faction leaking the details. Red Bull got wind of it, so made him an offer he couldn't refuse re: scaling back his F1 work and doing his dream Americas Cup yachting instead. Bob Bell was reportedly on his way to Ferrari according to reports last month but this month......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Gintonious wrote: »
    Its all well and good firing these people, but has there been any replacements mentioned? And I mean realistic ones at that, time and time again Newy's name has been thrown about, but he will never be in red.

Pat Fry has been replaced by someone called Pat Grill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Pat Fry has been replaced by someone called Pat Grill.

I think it's time to close the forum for the winter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

So some of Red Bulls stolen trophies have been recovered (linky).

In a lake!
    I'm still scratching my head at the motive behind this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

dloob wrote: »
    In a lake!
    I'm still scratching my head at the motive behind this.

Maybe they were trying to lift the curse.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭KarlFitz01

Does anyone know when the BBC are doing their year review show it's normally before Christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

KarlFitz01 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the BBC are doing their year review show it's normally before Christmas?

I believe its the 27th of December

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭KarlFitz01

I believe its the 27th of December

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

JEV joins Ferrari as their simulator driver, which would indicate De La Rosa would be laving also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Ooh, maybe De la Rosa could go back to McLaren for the latest installment of Spygate: The Retirement years! :pac:

But McLaren don't need a second test drive.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

JEV joins Ferrari as their simulator driver, which would indicate De La Rosa would be laving also.

Possible replacement for Rai next year? I hope he gets a drive again, I think he's good enough

christy c wrote: »
    Possible replacement for Rai next year? I hope he gets a drive again, I think he's good enough

You would wonder then why did they hire Guit so, other than for marketing in Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

You would wonder then why did they hire Guit so, other than for marketing in Mexico.

Mexican sponsors money and it resolves the Ferrari supported Sauber team and their driver mess.

Esteban is also reckoned to be fairly handy behind the wheel and more to the point who else was available with that level of experience and youth on their side.

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

I really hope Button stomps all over Alonso next year and shows him a few ricks aswell.
    Hoppefully Honda and McLaren can give both drivers a good package for next year too.

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

I really hope Button stomps all over Alonso next year and shows him a few tricks aswell.
    Hoppefully Honda and McLaren can give both drivers a good package for next year too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I really hope Button stomps all over Alonso next year and shows him a few tricks aswell.

I can't see that happening. I think alonso is the best driver on the grid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,035 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Wasn't much between Hamilton and Alonso when they were at McLaren
    Button didn't struggle against Hamilton during their three years together

Would think Button should have the advantage at the start of the year, having been 5 years with McLaren

Maybe car will suit Alonso better

I'd be hopeful it will be pretty close between them but if car isn't competitive then it mightn't really matter

• Registered Users Posts: 15,583 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ferrari confirms Mercedes engineer Jock Clear will replace Pat Fry - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117210

Some good news for Ferrari maybe.

Also "Ferrari calls for F1 fan revolutionhttp://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117214

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

AMKC wrote: »
    Ferrari confirms Mercedes engineer Jock Clear will replace Pat Fry - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Also "Ferrari calls for F1 fan revolutionhttp://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117214

I think the only good news for Ferrari would be if Jock took some power units with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Gutierrez & Vergne would certainly freshen up the paddock instead of Gene and De La Rosa definitely smart move there. Always think test/reserves should be at least under 28......both Pedro and Marc comfortably exceeded that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭Killinator

Seb Buemi will be back as a Red Bull reserve driver for 2015 after an extremely impressive season in the WEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Killinator wrote: »
    Seb Buemi will be back as a Red Bull reserve driver for 2015 after an extremely impressive season in the WEC.

Doing well in Formula E too.

GarIT wrote: »
    Doing well in Formula E too.

Clearly should still be in F1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭Killinator

Clearly should still be in F1.

Agreed, he deserves alot more than a reserve driver role.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Big coup for Ferrari there, Jock knows his way around a racing car alright. It was certainly a surprise when it was announced he was leaving Mercedes.

Wonder if this is just the first high profile signing Ferrari have planned?

• Advertisement

This wouldn't be the same Ferrari that went about issuing "Cease & Desist" orders to it's own fans making them take down their websites so as to protect it's brand image would it? Or am I thinking of a different Ferrari altogether? :confused:

Advertisement