Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2015: General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

B70EzTFCUAAatuF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Good to see the new rules to stop the noses looking ridiculous has work....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Force India reveal car tomorrow??

Haven't they delayed it until the second test?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

They will be only revealing a new livery tomorrow in Mexico City and it will be shown live on their website at 3PM.

• Advertisement

Checo posted a picture that featured his new lid, has elements of silver on it. I wonder if that will feature on the new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Just a heads up for anyone that's interested, there's a good sale on the f1 store for 2014 merchandise. Picking up some Ferrari stuff now that Vettel's changed teams!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

Grim. wrote: »
    B70EzTFCUAAatuF.jpg
    I would love a new a new Casio watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

There's an excellent sale on F1 gear in the Lotus shop near Piccadilly Circus. The team jackets are down to ~£30, when they're usually £120+

I guess they are trying to clear out the last of the Renault branded stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    They will be only revealing a new livery tomorrow in Mexico City and it will be shown live on their website at 3PM.

I saw a post on Pistonheads yesterday where someone spotted one of McLaren's trucks on the road. They said it was all white with an orange 'ribbon' running the length of it. I'd doubt it's an interim colour scheme this close to the season starting.

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »
    There's an excellent sale on F1 gear in the Lotus shop near Piccadilly Circus. The team jackets are down to ~£30, when they're usually £120+

I guess they are trying to clear out the last of the Renault branded stock.

I get all my F1 stuff from the market in Albert Square. Got myself a Loftus Renalt Pasta Maldronado t-shirt last week. All the locals say I look well hot wearing it innit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I get all my F1 stuff from the market in Albert Square. Got myself a Loftus Renalt Pasta Maldronado t-shirt last week. All the locals say I look well hot wearing it innit.
    I prefer the knock off ones. I tried on the official Maldonado shirt and tripped over backwards into a shelf knocking everything and pulling the light railing out of the ceiling tripping off the power in the whole building.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

mad dave wrote: »
    I would love a new a new Casio watch.

Who knew Casio made watches at £250
    Does it have a calculator on the front of it.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I prefer the knock off ones. I tried on the official Maldonado shirt and tripped over backwards into a shelf knocking everything and pulling the light railing out of the ceiling tripping off the power in the whole building.

At least you parked your car nice and neatly while wearing your new shirt.

https://postmediaottawacitizen2.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/jta7672.jpg?w=925

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Force India livery launch shortly...and their website is down.

Zcott wrote: »
    Force India livery launch shortly...and their website is down.

It would be more apt if the site fell to bits halfway through the presentation. It would match their F1 seasons perfectly then. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

B74mFYICYAEMfI6.jpg

The silver and black reminds me of the West McLaren Mercedes cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

blowing_kiss_christian_bale.gif

Poxy noses are still stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭F1 fanatic

Haas F1 rumoured to be buying Marussia factory as a team European base for 2016.

Also showing interest in Marussia auction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I thought I had read something about this on here already, a quick check shows this:-
    Any news on Marussia and them comming back for 2015?Chilton said to the Beeb in his last TV interview that he was very positive for Marussia and 2015.
    Just googled and it seems that a certain Gene Haas has just bought the Marussia factory.Interesting development there.

www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas-f1-acquires-marussia-factory/

You're forgiven as it was ten pages ago :)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

That's a very very pretty livery.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,333 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I like the force India.
    They have claro branding on there.
    Did they have that last year? I know it used to be on the mclaren

mickdw wrote: »
    I like the force India.
    They have claro branding on there.
    Did they have that last year? I know it used to be on the mclaren

Force India and Sauber both had Claro sponsorship last year.

Force India have landed two Sauber sponsors aswell, NEC and Jose Cuervo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

v3ttel wrote: »
    B74mFYICYAEMfI6.jpg
    All that is missing is the Spice girls and you have the '97 McLaren

F1 fanatic wrote: »
    Haas F1 rumoured to be buying Marussia factory as a team European base for 2016.

Also showing interest in Marussia auction.

That makes a hell of a lot of sense really. Did Jaguar do something stupid where they had a wind tunnel but it was in America? So had to ship tunnel models back and forth?

Basing your team in Europe makes the most sense really, its pretty much where all the teams are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

For some reason, the black, gold and silver reminds me of vague memories I had of the Arrows A20 in F1 '99 on the PS1.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,333 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Gintonious wrote: »
    That makes a hell of a lot of sense really. Did Jaguar do something stupid where they had a wind tunnel but it was in America? So had to ship tunnel models back and forth?

Basing your team in Europe makes the most sense really, its pretty much where all the teams are.
    According to Irvine, jaguar was very poorly managed. Models being flown out to America for wind tunnel work. Confusion over which version they were testing at any given time, no stand out manager to make decisions etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

mickdw wrote: »
    According to Irvine, jaguar was very poorly managed. Models being flown out to America for wind tunnel work. Confusion over which version they were testing at any given time, no stand out manager to make decisions etc

:eek: Girls, girls, girls.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement