Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2015: General Discussion Thread

Options
1102103104105106108»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Some people may want to keep conducting a post mortem. To me, this season was dead to me a long time ago. :pac:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Should we start the 2016 thread and put this season in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Should we start the 2016 thread and put this season in the past?

Yes nothing positive to look back on. Can we skip 2016 and go to 2017 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

_86692724_alonsosunbathe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

Am I the only one who wouldn't be sure on manor making the grid next season?
    I think this since John booth and Graham announced they were leaving the team along with other technical staff, I haven't heard of any new staff joining to run the team in there place, the tie up to pro drive that was rummored never anything came from it,
    I thought that it was said prior to 2015 season that Fitzpatrick hadn't the means to find the team for more then one season without big sponsorship or another backer,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Harika

Manor is testing today for next season already, it would make no sense to do that when they want to bail out anyway or are low on money.

Whos driving the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Harika wrote: »
    Manor is testing today for next season already, it would make no sense to do that when they want to bail out anyway or are low on money.

Is that not just taking part in the tyre test for Pirelli?

Whos driving the car?

Rio Haryanto this morning. Now Development Driver Jordan King. And @kiddums, yes it is the Pirelli tyre test, even more futile to test if you may falter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Nice to see the young guys getting a shot at driving.

I meant as in I thought all 2015 Teams had to partake in the test with the same set up they ran in the race.
    Not that it was an option for them.

• Advertisement

kiddums wrote: »
    Nice to see the young guys getting a shot at driving.

I meant as in I thought all 2015 Teams had to partake in the test with the same set up they ran in the race.
    Not that it was an option for them.

The first kid was running 50 laps in four hours, so they take it seriously imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,033 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

tripperman wrote:
    Am I the only one who wouldn't be sure on manor making the grid next season? I think this since John booth and Graham announced they were leaving the team along with other technical staff, I haven't heard of any new staff joining to run the team in there place, the tie up to pro drive that was rummored never anything came from it, I thought that it was said prior to 2015 season that Fitzpatrick hadn't the means to find the team for more then one season without big sponsorship or another backer,

It's all speculation but Mercedes are looking at taking them on as a second team ala toro Rosso to red bull and Haas to ferrari. They have been running a modified 2014 chassis this year but they have a 2016 chassis ready to go. Doubtful that they will pull out now particularly if they can sell an interest to Mercedes.

I really wish the weaker teams got more help to be competitive rather than having Bernie take the mick about how uncompetitive they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Gintonious wrote: »
    So is there any outstanding business with this season then? Drivers to be confirmed etc?

I can confirm I will be driving for Manor next year.

Best of luck, say hi to the McLaren lads as you drive past them!

It's all speculation but Mercedes are looking at taking them on as a second team ala toro Rosso to red bull and Haas to ferrari. They have been running a modified 2014 chassis this year but they have a 2016 chassis ready to go. Doubtful that they will pull out now particularly if they can sell an interest to Mercedes.

I really wish the weaker teams got more help to be competitive rather than having Bernie take the mick about how uncompetitive they are.

I hope they don't go, it's just the silence has me wondering and having seen two key figures leave the team added more doubt, Mercedes tie up would be perfect if it helps them close the gap to the midfield teams, and get a decent budget to compete,

Best of luck, say hi to the McLaren lads as you drive past them!

Thank you and I will.

Taki Inoue is mentoring me at the moment so I am planning on making a big impact next year. Roll on 2016.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Cool can I hit you with the course car in that case?

:pac:

Cruel!!

tripperman wrote: »
    I think this since John booth and Graham announced they were leaving the team along with other technical staff, I haven't heard of any new staff joining to run the team in there place, the tie up to pro drive that was rummored never anything came from it,
    I thought that it was said prior to 2015 season that Fitzpatrick hadn't the means to find the team for more then one season without big sponsorship or another backer,
    Did they not sort a better Ferrari package for next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I started a 2016 thread, just for news & developments etc - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057530596

Did they not sort a better Ferrari package for next year?

Mercedes engine and Williams are supplying transmission end of the things,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

tripperman wrote: »

Didn't Ted mention about Dave Ryan (ex Mclaren) getting involved with Manor http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2015/11/14/dave-ryan-joins-manor-as-racing-director/

There has also been talk of the guy involved with the Austin and mexico races looking to get involved in the team.

Tippex wrote: »
    Didn't Ted mention about Dave Ryan (ex Mclaren) getting involved with Manor http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2015/11/14/dave-ryan-joins-manor-as-racing-director/

There has also been talk of the guy involved with the Austin and mexico races looking to get involved in the team.

Hadn't seen this story about Ryan joining

Advertisement