Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craft brew offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

I don't think any of the Irish breweries do good beers, they should stick to the ale and stout. Open to correction though

Generalisation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

OK pedants you know what I meant (Lagers and beers other than Stour and ales), any examples of the good lagers?

Have a pint of Creans on tap.

You should convert quite easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Now that I think of it I had a pint of McGargles Fancy Frank's Lager at Bloom at it was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pookakie

Totally disagree with that. Thought it was really good.
    The molloys/rascals all night long collaboration is very good 5 cans for €10

I'm pretty sure this gave me the sh*ts over the weekend. Tastes nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

pookakie wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this gave me the sh*ts over the weekend. Tastes nice though.

How many did you have? Don't really believe that the beer rather than the quantity had that effect. I had no troubles in that area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 pookakie

How many did you have? Don't really believe that the beer rather than the quantity had that effect. I had no troubles in that area.

I had three on Friday, sh*ts Saturday morning. Two more last night, sh*ts at 4am. Might just be a coincidence, but I'll probably steer clear all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

pookakie wrote: »
    I had three on Friday, sh*ts Saturday morning. Two more last night, sh*ts at 4am. Might just be a coincidence, but I'll probably steer clear all the same.

Not necessarily something wrong with the beer, live yeast and dextrin can have a laxitive effect, they're using dextrin malt to increase the mouth feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

OK pedants you know what I meant (Lagers and beers other than Stour and ales), any examples of the good lagers?

Wicklow Brewery Helles lager is nice, but I've only ever had it on tap. O'Haras version is ok also, picked up 4 for €10 in Tesco last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

anyone know where i can get McGargles in galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

i must check it out! got a few bottles of the cider at bloom

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭patrickc

O'sheas session is one of the nicest out there at the moment, it's light too at 4.1%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Item in the Sunday times reports that lidl is to expand its craft beer range with a further 25 drinks including 16 from Ireland, five from Belgium and four from Britain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

patrickc wrote: »
    O'sheas session is one of the nicest out there at the moment, it's light too at 4.1%

very nice pale ale alright!

damian139 wrote: »
    Item in the Sunday times reports that lidl is to expand its craft beer range with a further 25 drinks including 16 from Ireland, five from Belgium and four from Britain

Id be happy enough if they could just sort their stocking problems with the Crafty Brewing IPA.

I wouldn't even go to check again so won't find out again until I'm passing and drop in whereas if it was in stock I'd probably put it as my go to after my first few.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They just aren't listening though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Id be happy enough if they could just sort their stocking problems with the Crafty Brewing IPA.

I wouldn't even go to check again so won't find out again until I'm passing and drop in whereas if it was in stock I'd probably put it as my go to after my first few.

Did you try contacting them through their website?
    If enough people do then something will be done about it.

11214 wrote: »
    Did you try contacting them through their website?
    If enough people do then something will be done about it.

I didn't tbh.

But its pretty clear to staff if there's just a constant empty space where they should be while an over supply of the lesser sought out range.

If it was say a hidden problem it would make more sense to highlight but empty shelves tell the whole tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,620 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I didn't tbh.

But its pretty clear to staff if there's just a constant empty space where they should be while an over supply of the lesser sought out range.

If it was say a hidden problem it would make more sense to highlight but empty shelves tell the whole tale.

take a picture and send it to their twitter

https://twitter.com/lidl_ireland

if you want something to be done visuals and social media direct have a better impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Seems to be Trouble Brewing, O'Haras, McGargles/Rye River, Shepherd Neame and a few Belgian ones. Irish ones are mostly around the €3 mark though.
    http://contractpeople.com/2016/06/lidl-new-craft-beers/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Was in Lidl Gorey yesterday and they had an entire section dedicated to craft. Seemed fully stocked with the above.

Seems to be Trouble Brewing, O'Haras, McGargles/Rye River, Shepherd Neame and a few Belgian ones. Irish ones are mostly around the €3 mark though.
    http://contractpeople.com/2016/06/lidl-new-craft-beers/

Id be happy if they consistently stocked leffe

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Id be happy if they consistently stocked leffe

Picked up Leffe 4x330ml for €6 when I was in Dunnes a few days ago. Meant to post but forgot!

Quackster wrote: »
    Picked up Leffe 4x330ml for €6 when I was in Dunnes a few days ago. Meant to post but forgot!

...... grabs keys....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Quackster wrote: »

Hoegaarden also

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭knipper

I got the 1 litre leffe for 299 each last week.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

knipper wrote: »

In Lidl? They're 750ml. Slightly better value than the 330ml 4-pack but not as convenient.

Yea my bad 750ml leffe clouds your judgment!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

500mil Foxes Irish Pale Ale in Supervalu. Just over €2 I believe. Tasty.

Advertisement