Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭shinzon

hmmm wrote: »
    treated water is not free.

how many threads is this now on Irish water 3 at this stage and how many times has everyone both on the pro and anti side its not free, we fecking know its not free and never was and Endas 4% rise in income tax to cover water has been exposed as complete horse ****e

Oh and just to add a bit of hilarity to the proceedings his illustrious incompetence believes hes sorted Irish water and a line should be drawn under it so they can do other things, it might be on planet Enda but it certainly isn't sorted in the real world

http://www.theliberal.ie/enda-kenny-weve-sorted-the-irish-water-issue-its-time-to-move-on/

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Phonehead wrote: »
    Do people on welfare not pay VAT or car tax etc... the only taxes they don't pay is income related taxes
    Can't argue with stupid... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Phonehead wrote: »
    Do people on welfare not pay VAT or car tax etc... the only taxes they don't pay is income related taxes

Em,

Where do they get the money to pay income tax??

From employed peoples taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Em,

Huh???? they don't pay income tax:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Em,

You're gonna have to run through with me how that one works tbh
    :confused:

• Advertisement

Em,

And they spend the moneys given to them results in money given back to the government, unlike o Brian, oh wait he gives them it in another way...

You're gonna have to run through how that one works tbh
    :confused:

Sorry meant vat on car tax etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Daith

So what do the protesters want to achieve?

1) Irish Water gone?

2) Taxes go up?

3) Taxes remain the same?

4) Something else?

Sorry meant vat on car tax etc.

Yea, still dont know what you are getting at? ...
    Please explain in more detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

deco nate wrote: »
    Ok close this thread, we have a winner!
    FYI, most people that are seeking benefits do not want to be doing so! Most people would like to be back at work, but guess what? **** all jobs going around now! Why? Well jobbridge is taking away a lot of real jobs just to make the figures look good.

Carry on with you're belittling of people.

(where are you're facts that state so many have never worked, nor want to work come from?)

Are you serious? I never said anything against those that want to work or worked. So get that attitude out of you to start with.

Who needs facts, I'm sure many a person on this thread know of those who wouldn't lift a finger to save themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Hes making the point unemployed people pay taxes like VAT on things and car tax and other in direct taxes using the social welfare money that other people pay taxes to provide them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Well yes naturally they do receive tax payers money but benefits are there for all of us to use should we ever find ourselves in need.

Ok someome said unemployed people still pay vat on goods and car tax etc.

I was merely stating its played for by money they receive through welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

hallo dare wrote: »
    Yes basically!!! The same way they get a wage for free every week at the post office. From Tax payers money.

Jesus christ...

This fücking attitude is really deplorable. It really is.

You'll change your tune when you fall on hard times lad. I ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE YOU THAT.

And your sanctimonious crap won't help you then.

:rolleyes:

VinLieger wrote: »
    Hes making the point unemployed people pay taxes like VAT on things and car tax and other in direct taxes using the social welfare money that other people pay taxes to provide them.

And the problem is..?

Tony EH wrote: »
    Jesus christ...

:

Why? You can't just say that without explaining yourself

And the problem is..?

No problem, someone asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Daith wrote: »
    So what do the protesters want to achieve?

1) Irish Water gone?

2) Taxes go up?

3) Taxes remain the same?

4) Something else?

I want a leader with a pair of balls big enough to tell Europe that we are not paying their bullsh*t bail out any more. We paid far more than our fair share already, no more. Let them threaten us all they want, leave EU if we must.

I want a leader with a pair of balls big enough to tell Europe that we are not paying their bullsh*t bail out any more. We paid far more than our fair share already, no more. Let them threaten us all they want, leave EU if we must.

Yes because the world works just like that.

Ok someome said unemployed people still pay vat on goods and car tax etc.

I was merely stating its played for by money they receive through welfare.
    Ok, yet do you understand that most people that are on welfare would rather be back in work? So why belittle them??

• Advertisement

Ok, yet do you understand that most people that are on welfare would rather be back in work? So why belittle them??

What is your problem??

How am I belittling them, I'm only responding to certain points.

You're looking for an argument with people that isn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Jesus christ...

You'll change your tune when you fall on hard times lad. I ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE YOU THAT.

Its not an attitude its simple fact, anyone whos on social welfare technically doesnt really pay tax themselves due to their income being from social welfare which is paid for by everyone elses taxes. Essentially my taxes pay for their taxes.

Its a harsh way to look at it but its still how the system works.

Also again since the income tax take far exceeds any other form of taxation the original argument is invalid since just beacuse people pay VAT and other indirect taxes those payments dont come anywhere near paying for the essentials services like water and other government provided infrastructure they use. So everyone who pays income tax is effectively subsidising not only their income with social welfare but also the other direct taxes they dont pay.

Again not belittling here its simple facts

Yes basically!!! The same way they get a wage for free every week at the post office. From Tax payers money.
    Jesus christ...

Why? You can't just say that without explaining yourself

I've heard this crap a thousand times before and it's always from the same type of petty bitterness and usually from people who think that unemployment will never affect them.

Then the first thing they do is fire themselves down to the local dole office when they lose their job and suddenly find themselves strangely sympathetic with the "scroungers" they so belittled when times were good.

It's a truly tiresome and thoroughly ignorant attitude to possess.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Its not an attitude its simple fact, anyone whos on social welfare technically doesnt really pay tax themselves due to their income being from social welfare which is paid for by everyone elses taxes. Essentially my taxes pay for their taxes.

Its a harsh way to look at it but its still how the system works.

Also again since the income tax take far exceeds any other form of taxation the original argument is invalid since just beacuse people pay VAT and other indirect taxes those payments dont come anywhere near paying for the essentials services like water and other government provided infrastructure they use. So everyone who pays income tax is effectively subsidising not only their income with social welfare but also the other direct taxes they dont pay.

Again not belittling here its simple facts

So, scrap the dole yeh...aren't ya just great.

Some people don't understand vat, and how taxes work... Doh!

I've heard this crap a thousand times before and it's always from the same type of petty bitterness and usually from people who think that unemployment will never affect them.

Then the first thing they do is fire themselves down to the local dole office when they lose their job and suddenly find themselves strangely sympathetic with the "scroungers" they so belittled when times were good.

It's a truly tiresome and thoroughly ignorant attitude to possess.

Have you read the thread? I've nothing against those who have lost jobs for one reason or another, they've paid their working tax and are more than entitled to claim. Such a system is great for those unfortunate, that they can claim.

Im simply saying that there's plenty in this Country who've never worked a day claiming the same entitlements.

What's your issue or are you just looking for an argumen?

Some people don't understand vat, and how taxes work... Doh!

And that our taxes are a fraction of how we fund our water infrastructure which is mainly by borrowing millions.

Anyway. What are you hoping to achieve by protesting?

Ask yourself why.

Ask yourself why.

I'm asking people who are protesting cos I have no idea.

• Advertisement

Have you read the thread? I've nothing against those who have lost jobs for one reason or another, they've paid their working tax and are more than entitled to claim. Such a system is great for those unfortunate, that they can claim.

Im simply saying that there's plenty in this Country who've never worked a day claiming the same entitlements.

What's your issue or are you just looking for an argumen?

Who? and how many?

It's in insignificant amount of people in the grand scheme of things and frankly not even worth the effort.

The vast, vast majority of people who find themselves in receipt of social welfare do so, through no fault of their own at all and would be more than delighted to be off of it in the morning and back into full time employment.

Your bitterness over a few lifer dolies isn't worth the energy, especially when there's incompetent millionaires like John Tierney who fall onto government sponsored gravy trains, despite having a track record that would make Frank Spenser blush.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement