Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I didn't say it was related. I'm using it as an example of outright denial of events by protesters. Rather than just claim it wasn't related, they went with the photoshop claim. When that didn't work they fabricated evidence to show it as an agent provocateur.
    So why say " we will have to see what charges are brought."?
    Makes no sense, with your above post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

bajer101 wrote:
    This is typical of some of the posts from the anti-brigade. Trying to insult a poster by using what you think is a very clever variation on their name. It's right up there with Moan Burton or Edna Kenny. I have yet to see a pro charge poster try to insult a fellow poster similarly.

Have you been following the water threads? I think this is the 3rd one in after hours. You obviously haven't or you would have seen the abuse and name calling us anti charge protesters get all the time. We get worse abuse than any meter installer gets..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

deco nate wrote: »

Why bring it up at all, in a thread about water protests, if he/she then concedes
    I didn't say it was related.

You may as well start mentioning the downed Malaysian airlines flight in the Ukraine too sure, that incident wasn't related either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

So you think Bertie should have been prosecuted for financial crimes but Paul Murphy should be spared from charges which could include assault, false imprisonment and riot? Yeah, that's perfectly logical. Not hypocritical at all.

There is no viable connection.

One was a act of premeditated deriliction of duty of care to the people of this country.

This,to a large part,resulted in austerity and debt,for the unseeable future.

White collar crime.A'Herne and FF was never held accountable

At one point ,he was urging those who saw the imminent crash, to "commit suicide"

Incitement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Just like the photoshopped brick thrower? Oh wait, that was real too. Sure we'll just have to wait and see what charges are brought.

Is that the brick that was thrown almost 2 hours after the water protest was over and the moan was well gone?
    The brick that was thrown after Gardai executed a warrant on a local thug and his mates weren't too happy about it?
    That brick?
    The one that had nothing to do with water protesters?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Trust me. I know what a lot of people are like in that particular area. It does not surprise me that Joan Burton found herself in that situation. To put it plainly there are a lot of scumbags in that area that need no excuse for behaviour like that. Unfortunately for that community they make up the majority (sad fact that they still deny). And if anyone wants to challenge that assertion then go there and see for yourself. The parents, often living off the state, never gave a sh!t about their sprogs. And they still don't. Because these problems are generational it is worse than it has ever been.

No doubt the usual defenders of the realm will be on now to say how pretty the place is.

Nice stereotyping all in one post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Because the DPP makes the decision based on the evidence available.
    gladrags wrote: »
    There is no viable connection.

One was a act of premeditated deriliction of duty of care to the people of this country.

This,to a large part,resulted in austerity and debt,for the unseeable future.

White collar crime.A'Herne and FF was never held accountable

At one point ,he was urging those who saw the imminent crash, to "commit suicide"

Incitement?

I'm not the one who brought up Bertie. But you are right. There is no connection between a TD deliberately breaking the laws and one who made terrible decisions in office.

falan wrote: »
    One idiot threw a brick. They do not represent the people. Someone else threw a water balloon. Not exactly a riot is it?

3% of the population marched. THEY do not represent the other 97%

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Drove along Knocklyon Road earlier and saw some protestors at the entrance to one of the estates. Anyone know if they're locals or professional protestors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

3% of the population marched. THEY do not represent the other 97%

I know lots of people who did not March
    But they fully supported the protest

So I don't quite understand your made up figures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

I'm not the one who brought up Bertie. But you are right. There is no connection between a TD deliberately breaking the laws and one who made terrible decisions in office.

Murphy has not been charged with any law breaking.

Although Ray Burke and Callely come to mind,for appropriate comparisons.

"Terrible decisions"

Treason,might be more descriptive

hju6 wrote: »
    I know lots of people who did not March
    But they fully supported the protest

So I don't quite understand your made up figures

Dont forget the missing application packs....

Even many of the returned packs that have been not filled out at all, or incorrectly have been counted by Irish Water in their figures and statistics.

Because the DPP makes the decision based on the evidence available.

You alluded to in you're post that the brick thrower was involved in the protests, and in you're next post to me you said that you didn't, do you really think the dpp is gonna link the brick thrower to the protests?!

Confusing to say the least.

Dont forget the missing application packs....

Even many of the returned packs that have been not filled out at all, or incorrectly have been counted by Irish Water in their figures and statistics.

You mean 17,400 or 1% of all application forms sent out? http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/17400-duped-into-signing-up-to-irish-water-299272.html

Still not received mine

LOL, according to IW.
    A company that has proven time and time again to be really trustworthy and transparent.
    Gulp gulp....

LOL, according to IW.
    A company that has proven time and time again to be really trustworthy and transparent.
    Gulp gulp....

Mind you, of the 2 million forms sent out, only 800,000 have been returned.....according to IW.......

LOL, according to IW.
    Gulp gulp....
    HEY! Are you drinking water you have already paid for?!
    ;)

Plates wrote: »
    Drove along Knocklyon Road earlier and saw some protestors at the entrance to one of the estates. Anyone know if they're locals or professional protestors?

Why didn't you stop and ask?
    How would anyone on here know?

HEY! Are you drinking water you have already paid for?!
    ;)

It's amazing how pro water taxers will swallow anything to do with IW.:D
    It's like being part of a cult of some sort.
    Dear Leader Tierney says it's so......

• Advertisement

I saw about 100,000 anti war protesters in Dublin back in 2003,
    I often wondered if they were professional protesters or local Iraqi's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Well if you want to be like that, should it be a percentage of the packs SEND BACK. Which makes it a massive 2%
    Which might not be much but it's still over 1 million in non paid bills and that's all 17400 packs been worked out at the smaller 60 euro figure.

Oh the other nice figure you seem to be forgetting to highlight from that link is that 870,000 is barely a 50% sign up .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

They are locals.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Well if you want to be like that, should it be a percentage of the packs SEND BACK. Which makes it a massive 2%
    Which might not be much but it's still over 1 million in non paid bills and that's all 17400 packs been worked out at the smaller 60 euro figure.

Oh the other nice figure you seem to be forgetting to highlight from that link is that 870,000 is barely a 50% sign up .

Plus the packs are another example of wasted money by the quango, no need for the packs.

No allowances any more

No need to sign up, because as according to some, your a customer as soon as you turn on the tap

No, no, no Maryanne, when I say "missing application packs", I mean the packs that Irish Water Are missing, ie not yet returned to them,....... You know with the two deadlines that have been pushed back and all......

No, no, no Maryanne, when I say "missing application packs", I mean the packs that Irish Water Are missing, ie not yet returned to them,....... You know with the two deadlines that have been pushed back and all......

Sure why do they need registration packs at all now they've decided on a flat rate for all with a SW bribe thrown in?
    Come to think of it, why are they spending hundreds of millions of our money on meters at all?
    FG's e-voting machines, buried in the ground......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Sure why do they need registration packs at all now they've decided on a flat rate for all with a SW bribe thrown in?
    Come to think of it, why are they spending hundreds of millions of our money on meters at all?
    FG's e-voting machines, buried in the ground......

To thank uncle Denis for all the great work INM do for fine Gael.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

why are they spending hundreds of millions of our money on meters at all?

Cause the piper has to be paid, Tinkersbell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

I'm sure this has gotten a mention on this thread somewhere, but the Youtube link of the Vincent Brown show below exposes more lies.

• Advertisement

Satriale wrote: »
    Cause the piper has to be paid, Tinkersbell.

'Denis the Piper'
    Has a ring to it....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement