Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Fuhrer wrote: »
    I didnt buy into Stereo Types either until I got this great Wireless system from Bose.

One word!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

VinLieger wrote: »
    Yeah thats exactly what I said....... if you cant have an logical argument with someone reduce yourself to putting words in their mouth, great tactic that will win you a lot of populist support all right.

The IS the thrust of what your're saying. It's logical endgame.

Don't pretend it isn't.

It's an argument that completely transparent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Pocoyo wrote: »
    During the boom we had near full employment,Attacking the dolers aint cutting it for me,I dont buy into stereo types with the exclusion of FG supporters of course.

In fairness, there's always been a certain cohort of people who believe the state should hand everything to them on a plate.
    Even during 'full employment' there were lazy, self entitled f*ckers, who wouldn't work in a fit.

What do they pay for the stamps with? Where does that money come from?

Do you really think everyone on the dole has never worked?

WTF is wrong with you?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

In fairness, there's always been a certain cohort of people who believe the state should hand everything to them on a plate.
    Even during 'full employment' there were lazy, self entitled f*ckers, who wouldn't work in a fit.

And theres always been a vocal cohort who think that anyone who isnt working right now or has lost their job for whatever reason is worthless, lazy, self-entitled ****ers, beneath even their lofty contempt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

That is true, albeit a VERY small group.

Edit:but to read some of the posts on here, you would think it was a vast group of people.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    And theres always been a vocal cohort who think that anyone who isnt working right now or has lost their job for whatever reason is worthless, lazy, self-entitled ****ers, beneath even their lofty contempt.

Not me.
    I was referring to the benefit 'lifers'.
    They do exist.

What do they pay for the stamps with? Where does that money come from?

Holy jesus... :rolleyes:

You know what. You've just disqualified yourself from ever trying to make an argument against the social welfare system again.

Unbelievable.

deco nate wrote: »
    That is true, albeit a VERY small group.

Edit:but to read some of the posts on here, you would think it was a vast group of people.

Hard to know, I read somewhere that even at the height of the 'tiger' there was over 100,000 on the dole.
    I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Paul Murphy had his car surrounded by protestors and he was kept hostage for a period of time. The Garda Public Order Unit has been called and hostage negotiators are now on their way

• Advertisement

The numbers were so minuscule that i dont believe it warrants reducing welfare payments,

We may all need that safety net someday. And as someone who relied on it for a year i can tell you if its cut anymore we will see even more homelessness and crime on our streets.

In the 80's there was a programme called 'Today Tonight' and they did a show on welfare 'lifers'.
    One of the lads on it was from my local town and I know for a fact that he never had a job...never.
    He's dead since, but move on almost 30 years and 3 of his 5 kids are on welfare as long as I know them.
    I've never seen them in a job apart from the odd 'scheme' they have to partake in to continue with their 'entitlements'.

Sorry, we've gone completely off topic I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Hard to know, I read somewhere that even at the height of the 'tiger' there was over 100,000 on the dole.
    I could be wrong.

That's bs, does that involve all the immigrants? (runs away)
    It was as low as stats can go, as far as employment goes.
    But we are straying off topic.

I could be wrong.

I wouldn't believe it was that high.

Besides, when you subtract the floating redunancy victims, people with genuine disabilites, part timers and others, the number becomes even less.

In the 80's there was a programme called 'Today Tonight' and they did a show on welfare 'lifers'.
    One of the lads on it was from my local town and I know for a fact that he never had a job...never.
    He's dead since, but move on almost 30 years and 3 of his 5 kids are on welfare as long as I know them.
    I've never seen them in a job apart from the odd 'scheme' they have to partake in to continue with their 'entitlements'.

Sorry, we've gone completely off topic I suppose.

I agree they annoy me too,but we had 96% employment during the boom the highest rate it the EU.(and that was without the jobbrige smoke and mirrors)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

No it wouldn't. It's not even remotely accurate. This is treason by the definition of the Constitution.
    Now who has been calling for the overthrow of the government and has been using intimidation and violence? Is it Bertie? Or is it the folks who attack government ministers and the state police force?

There is more than one way to usurp the wishes of the State.

The State is of the people,not of Berties Economic treason,which changed the lives of so many,in a draconian fashion.

FF effectively overthrew the wishes of the people(State),and their corrupt culture,has partly led to the near breakdown of society.

It is coming from within.

Stop fooling yourself.

Just look at the Gardai corruption,for a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

That's some line of coke they're after laying out:pac:

Daith wrote: »
    I am and it still doesn't make sense. What do you actually want?

God I'm losing the will to live - cant believe people still dont understand why people might want to protest.......... after weeks and weeks of this thread and how many pages of posts explainiing why?
    How lazy are some posters here. Its kinda killing this thread to be honest.......... grrrr:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mynameismud

Drug users getting their fix outside leinster house FG and FF have destroyed our society.

Thats some line of coke

• Advertisement

God I'm losing the will to live - cant believe people still dont understand why people might want to protest.......... after weeks and weeks of this thread and how many pages of posts explainiing why?
    How lazy are some posters here. Its kinda killing this thread to be honest.......... grrrr:mad:

Let it go

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yet another reason (if one were even needed) to reject the water meters. Turns out they are 'smart' meters that emit a radio signal every 30 seconds to allow an operator read how much water has been used since the last reading. Research at the University of Carolina has found that these water meters are basically an aid to burglers in choosing a property to break into- all they have to do is hack into the radio system to get the meter readings and then check it again later. By knowing how much usage there has been they can tell if people are away on holidays, out for the afternoons, etc.
    http://phys.org/news/2012-10-automated-meter-life-easy-intruders.html

So the water meters the government are putting outside everyones doors are going to be a very useful aid to burglars to ensure they're breaking into an empty house where no water has been used for the previous few hours or days.

Do people really think Irish Water is up to this security threat? Given that they have already sent a tenants bank account details to his landlord somehow I'm doubting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Hahahaha these are real riots.

Rte news...

"The High Court has ordered that three water charge protesters be committed to prison for 28 days each for breaching an order of the High Court.

However, Mr Justice Paul Gilligan suspended the prison terms for six months on condition that they abide by the order.

The company installing water meters, GMC Sierra, claimed four men breached a court order in north Dublin, preventing them from coming within 20 metres of its work stations and from interfering with the entrance and exit of the company's vehicles.

The company's application against one man was struck out after the court found he had not been properly served with the necessary legal documentation to attach and commit him.

Mr Justice Gilligan said the three remaining defendants - Damien O'Neill of Greenwood Park in Coolock; Paul Moore of Mount Olive Grove in Kilbarrack; and Terence Sheridan of Kilbarron Park in Kilmore West, all in Dublin 5 - had all denied acting unlawfully or harassing or intimidating GMC Sierra's workers.

But he said none of the three defendants had denied that they had breached the order preventing them from coming within 20 metres of the works.

He said he was satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that they had breached the order he made earlier this month.

Mr Justice Gilligan said establishing and maintaining the rule of law was a fundamental imperative of the foundation of a democratic society.

He said it was imperative that decisions made by the courts were abided by.

If orders of the court were breached or ignored in any way, it undermined the very fabric upon which the democratic society is built, to the detriment of its citizens."

This is getting out of hand.

Democracy for some.

The "very fabric" he is reffering to,has long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Paul Murphy had his car surrounded by protestors and he was kept hostage for a period of time. The Garda Public Order Unit has been called and hostage negotiators are now on their way

Disgraceful behaviour ,
    And yes I counted more than 12 people so you know what that means........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yet another reason (if one were even needed) to reject the water meters. Turns out they are 'smart' meters that emit a radio signal every 30 seconds to allow an operator read how much water has been used since the last reading. Research at the University of Carolina has found that these water meters are basically an aid to burglers in choosing a property to break into- all they have to do is hack into the radio system to get the meter readings and then check it again later. By knowing how much usage there has been they can tell if people are away on holidays, out for the afternoons, etc.
    http://phys.org/news/2012-10-automated-meter-life-easy-intruders.html
    Yes, because home burglers are likely to have and be able to operate, the as of yet inexistant equipment required to crack AES encryption, rather than look at the actual meter reading, or even in the windows of the house.

20% of children living in poverty yet the governments main concern is off balance sheet accounts and bondholders.

I want all the FG supporters to think about that 20% of kids in poverty and no housing for families yet our government is prioritizing german banks and Denis o'brien.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

20% of children living in poverty yet the governments main concern is off balance sheet accounts and bondholders.

I want all the FG supporters to think about that 20% of kids in poverty and no housing for families yet our government is prioritizing german banks and Denis o'brien.

This poverty thing again?

If we think 20% of kids live in poverty in Ireland, well that's an insult to kids in third world famine war thorn countries.

yipeeeee wrote: »
    This poverty thing again?

If we think 20% of kids live in poverty in Ireland, well that's an insult to kids in third world famine war thorn countries.

:rolleyes:

Maybe you run should off to live in the 3rd world they could make use of your obvious compassion.

....I hope you are not of voting age.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

:rolleyes:

Maybe you run should off to live in the 3rd world they could make use of your obvious compassion.

....I hope you are not of voting age.
    Are you seriously telling me one in five children are sleeping with no roof over their head, no access to education, no food to eat, no tvs in their houses, I could go on.

What's your definition of poverty?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement