Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What brought a smile to your face today?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

For the first time in forever I have things to look forward to!

I'm visiting friends in Glasgow next weekend,
    starting to plan trips to Chicago and Italy for next year,
    AND I just got tickets for the Harry Potter play! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I opened my most recent delivery of contact lenses that I order online, only to find a wee pack of Haribo in there with them.

Isn't that just nice of them. :) I don't even really like sweets, but it definitely made me smile!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

New shoes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Waking up & remembering Vicar Street last night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Couple of things in the last few days:

having a Chinese meal out with the college gang, good food & plenty of laughs :)

getting closer to typing 'the end' on manuscript, so exciting :D

Passing an exam/assessment in college!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

a random act of kindness from a stranger yesterday:)

We were in college & were doing cooking, as per the routine we looked in college for what we had & didn't have in terms of ingredients. We were missing a lot of things so we were instructed to go to the shop next door with some petty cash from the college. We got our bits in the shop next door, that was grand. But when we got to the checkout & all the things were put through, we found out that we had overspent by a few cent. Unfortunately, none of us had money on us so we were left a bit stuck :/ Just as we about to give up & go back to the college for some more money, a man in the queue tripped in the few cent we needed:) Definitely made us smile. Thanks random man in ALDL!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,138 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Being told I looked really good today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I work near London Bridge and every morning at about 6.30am, I get off the bus across from Borough Market and head the 50 or so metres passed a few coffee shops and into the office.

Every morning without fail, I pass this builder who's standing outside Costa sipping coffee in his boots and hi-vis jacket. A real Landan geezer with the cockney accent, about my dad's age. In the few short months I've been working here, we've gone from an awkward nod of recognition to a chirpy "morning!" and "have a good one!" "You too love!"

So this morning like every other morning, off the bus I get, walk the 50 metres, there he is outside Costa, and this time he's holding two cups and one of his arms is outstretched.

He walks right up to me, hands me one of the cups, "morning love! I figured you could use one of these too", smiles, turns and heads back into the cafe. Just like that like!

I swear to god after the few ridiculously busy days I've had and the endless early starts and lack of sleep, I nearly cried on the spot.

Free coffee and early morning kindness in this ruthless old city. Happy bloody days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭ShiftStorm

ShiftStorm wrote: »
    OH and I were approved for a mortgage :) Houses of Ireland, let's be havin' ya!

Aaaaand we *finally* got our keys! Delira :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Love this thread, it always brings a smile to my face.

On a day off today, walking out of our estate in the afternoon, a little girl about four/five walking in with her mum, describing the intricacies of something she did at school, ' look, we had to balance like this' ...complete with demo. Just so sweet.

Dropped into charity shop, looking at books, a mum arrived with small kids.
    'Jack, if Molly saw it first, you have to let Molly have it'... 'Oh right, you picked it FOR Molly, that's lovely, now let her have it'

I subsequently met the mum, plus Jack and Molly, with Molly clutching the book happily. :D

All names changed, btw. Just brought a smile to my face, the innocent kids, and the patient mum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭mckar

My beautiful children even when sky's are grey the make my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Had dinner with old friends I had not seen in years. I laughed so much, it was so good to see them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Rfrip

This made me laugh today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Sales!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A few people saying they love my accent :D

My mum was taken unexpectedly and seriously ill a few weeks ago and things were worrying for a while, but now she's discharged and well enough to be her normal self.

It made me smile when I called her and she poked her nose into every aspect of my life, up to, and including, the date of my last smear test. Now I know she's back to her old self :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I saw a young boy repeatedly stamp in a puddle today. Once it had been stomped on sufficient times he moved onto the next puddle.

Nothin' bates a good pudlling.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I LOVE puddlin' :D

And when you have a kid to do it with, you don't look like a total weirdo too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

A woman walked passed me today holding a baby. When the baby saw me he gave me a big beam.

Also opening my advent calander(childish I know).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Watching It's A Wonderful Life. Cheesy as it is, it never fails!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

After a pretty crappy day, in what has not been the best of years I drove home today from work in a foul mood. Money owed to me( which I more than likely won't see again) by people I've had to endure for the last year has me in awful humour. Not the money per say but the fact that the people who owe it have zero integrity and would do anything to get out of being inconvencied. My faith in people has diminished hugely this year and Christmas spirit is very much lacking. I pulled up to the door of my house and noticed a lovely Christmas wreath on our front door, left by our lovely landlady. She has been so helpful since we moved in, a joy to deal with.It was a small reminder that there are good people out there ...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Getting my tickets :D I'm coming home for Christmas :D

Dancing!

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

The relief after having a wisdom tooth removed!!!:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Nasty, vindictive people reminding me that the people I've chosen to have in my life are good people, kind people, people who don't have a nasty bone in their body. Good people attract good people. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

A little fellow, about four or five, in a shop yesterday counting in Irish to himself. Just so cute.

A little girl, about six or seven, in Boots, yesterday, stopped in the middle of an aisle, earnestly checking how much money she had in her little shoulder bag, just something so sweet about her. Some serious purchase being considered, I am sure. Aww.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭loalae

Was on my 4th date with a super guy and he brought me to his favourite shop in London- a map and globe shop. I really enjoyed it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Whattimeisit

My nephews giggle.....instant tonic!! :)

Being home <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

Collecting my little girl (3) from gymnastics camp and watching her doing the balancing beam like a pro!

Advertisement