Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What brought a smile to your face today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Pokiedots

I got to see a reference someone had written for me, really lovely and touching- they really got to the core of who I like to think I am,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Was blowing bubbles with my nieces in the park today and a bunch of kids started running after them and popping them. It was a cute picture :) - as long as I kept my eyes straight ahead and ignored a handsy couple on a bench :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I have a rotten cold so my husband took the baby out for a few hours today while I had a much needed afternoon nap. Bliss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Staff in my local tesco are so nice! I was just there and it was a bit chaotic, one of the self-service tills was down, it closes at ten so most of the staff were doing facing off and stuff, the manager was trying to fix the self service till and one poor young fella was on the till and there was a big queue.

Some other young fella was asking him loads of questions about their cheapest vodka, then had to pay for the transaction half by card and half cash. I was buying beer at the self-service till so he had to come round and sign that off for me, then some lady was telling him her life story while he was clearly just trying to get the queue down. Then my self-service till ran out of change or something and left me short a tenner, he finished serving who he was serving and when he was on his way out to me an elderly couple collared him to ask if they sell shower caps and seeing as they didn't did he know where they might get some. He couldn't fix my till so I thought I might have to wait til the manager could get to me, which would be grand, but the manager (I've overheard his interactions with staff a few times and he seems lovely, which I'd imagine has a lot to do with how nice the staff are in general) was just like 'oh, that's ok, just give the lady her change from your till, we'll sort it out after'.

Young fella could not have been more smiley and polite the whole way through, wouldn't have blamed him for being a bit annoyed, especially at me seeing as my transaction was particularly awkward but not a bit of it, I said 'jesus you're having one of those nights!' and he was just laughed it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Bokwa and feeling the alcohol from the hens at the weekend being sweated out of me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Got a job. Even though I may not be able to be the best at it due to injury. Defo think the Irish connection when you're over seas is important!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭ShiftStorm

OH and I were approved for a mortgage :) Houses of Ireland, let's be havin' ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

Woke up from a lie-on this morning after a busy day yesterday and both the cats were snuggled on the bed next to me. Just at the same time, my OH walked into the bedroom with a cup of tea for me. Simple things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Feeling my baby move inside my belly. I just cannot wait to meet this little person. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Novella wrote: »
    Feeling my baby move inside my belly. I just cannot wait to meet this little person. :)

How lovely. Good luck to you! :)

• Advertisement

More yesterday.. I was like a kid at christmas x10 you couldnt wipe the smile off my face if you tried!

Got to go and see my first NHL playoff game.. we lost.. but nearly 19,000 people waving white towles in support of a team and the build up to the game outside the arena it was so fantastic and something I've wanted to do since I was a kid!!! I'm still smiling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

**The SUNSHINE!!** :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

being told 'thank you' after opening up to someone, about my break up which was incredibly hard to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I was feeling a bit down earlier and my husband called me in the middle of a cry, heard I was upset and cheered me up then 15 mins later the door goes and it him at the door, he'd come round from work to see that I was okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

This ad.
    So true :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

I'm normally not very good with babies but somehow managing to settle my 3 month old niece n her falling asleep in my arms today! Gave my sister a little well needed break plus got the cutest pic of us two!

Quite happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

After a ****ty stressful night...an lovely American man left me a €25 tip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

At my train station in the mornings, there are often a gaggle of old ladies pressing rosary beads and religious leaflets onto passing commuters. Although I'm not religious, it doesn't really bother me - live and let live etc. I just ignore them.

There were a few elderly people there this morning with leaflets. I expected the usual, but as I got closer, I saw that in fact they were giving out stickers and leaflets promoting a Yes vote in the upcoming marriage equality referendum. :)

It was strangely nice to see my own stereotypes proven wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Ahhh that's lovely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

At my train station in the mornings, there are often a gaggle of old ladies pressing rosary beads and religious leaflets onto passing commuters. Although I'm not religious, it doesn't really bother me - live and let live etc. I just ignore them.

There were a few elderly people there this morning with leaflets. I expected the usual, but as I got closer, I saw that in fact they were giving out stickers and leaflets promoting a Yes vote in the upcoming marriage equality referendum. :)

It was strangely nice to see my own stereotypes proven wrong!

Ah that's BRILLIANT!! :):)

On the same topic, I've been asking my dad if the voting cards have been sent out yet but I've been a bit nervous about asking him what he's voting himself as I was afraid of the answer. He's generally an open-minded man but he's pretty old school too and well into his 70s and has recently taken up the auld Catholicism as well after the deaths of a few of siblings (he never went to mass when I was a kid and was very anti-church) but got an email last night from him answering my question about the voting with one line:
    looking forward to your flying referendum visit in May.Vote yes and vote often as they say in Derry

I'm assuming that's his cryptic way of telling me he's voting yes? That made me smile anyway and relieved.

I don't think we should write off the older generation just yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

Somebody I work with being so understanding that I'm having a tough time. Almost cried I was so relieved.
    Offered to take a small job off me which I havn't been able to bring myself round to doing. Made things a lot easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Georgie.Girl

seeing an old friends face ...in a new light. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

chatting to my best friend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

A big bag of chips with loads of salt & vinegar all over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Buying a pair of leggings in the kids' section of Dunnes Stores :p

getting my phone working again :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Making sure a friend was okay (which she was ) though found out she was also worried about me. Sorted that out and now we're both happy bunnies! And I have a big smile on my face but that always happens when I chat to her...

crushin' on a boi :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

meeting my old irish teacher today in work, she came up to me cause she hadnt seen me in so long and "couldnt get over how much l blossomed". actually her kindness made my day....

Advertisement