Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What brought a smile to your face today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

My 12 year old niece was recently allowed to sign up for Snapchat (monitored by my sister I should add!) and I woke to a lovely video of her telling her she loved me. Excellent start to the day me thinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Walked into a coffee shop today, and a little one about a year old, in a high chair, gave me the most dazzling ear-to-ear smile, as though I was someone she knew. Aww.

Walking through the local park today, in lovely sunshine, and the smell of cut grass was just lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

Walking in fresh air out by Howth head, the sight of the sea horizon , and knowing the rest of Spring and Summer is on its way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Seeing some really cool animals on a telly I never knew exist!
    Gee we are living on an AMAZING planet! <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

Seeing the lovely weather. Puts everybody in great form :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Going for a walk along the beach with my family and our dog. It was such a lovely day:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Feeling the fear but going for it never the less :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

This one is really dorky but... I am getting a new laptop with a sweet Nvidia graphics card and an i5 processor and it is coming on Friday AND there is a new release of World of Warcraft coming this summer. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

I have two students staying with me and its their last night.. As a thank you they cooked a lovely meal for my family. It was such a nice thing to do:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Spending the last half hour throwing the ball in the back garden for my 2 furry pets. Seeing them so happy and excited. Heart lifting

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bought treats for my doggie and when I walked in the door it's like he knew Mammy had treats for him :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I met my friend's one month old yesterday and I was just so happy to see how genuinely happy my friend seems to be with her daughter and life in general. She's been through a lot so I'm so glad to see her doing well.

I got promoted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

This video :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9AIjYzwUqk

Barber / hairdresser giving free haircuts to people living on the street in London. Such a kind thing I thought, to get the human interaction, a lift of the spirits and maybe a bit of added confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The view ❤️ One of the reasons I love the countryside ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Passed my driving test! Yay! :D

Overheard a little fellow, about three or so, pointing out a nice cake to his mother, in the supermarket, today, and saying 'that would be lovely for my birthday'. She said 'yes, but your birthday is not until April. It would be gone stale.' Aww.
    He wasn't giving up all that easily, I think. :D

And a few days ago, saw a dad with three kids in the park. They were heading back towards their car, and I was walking towards them. The little fellow, about four or five, who was slightly behind the others, was skipping along and gave me a big smile and a wave 'hi'. Made my day :D

In GP waiting room, a little fellow with his dad, aww, just so sweet, arranging for the dad whether they needed to do a 'big shop' or a 'little shop'.
    He thought a 'little shop' would do, and if they got a pull along basket could he bring it around?

And should they ring grandad cos otherwise he would think that the little fellow was at school and would go to pick him up later.
    And so on, in the clearest little voice. He was just such a little dote, and kept me fully entertained. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I was trying to have a chat with my 6 year old daughter about 'stranger danger' and she declares:

'But I want to be locked in the car with loads of sweets'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

windows down, cold breeze in my hair, music up, singing loud, driving thru town (oh my how I have missed wheels!)

Lovely new book arrived in the post. I thought it wouldn't arrive until later in the week and was so happy to see the post van stopping outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I was chatting to my mam in the kitchen today. While I was getting on with a few things, I noticed she was smiling wistfully out the window.

I caught her off guard and said "what are you so happy about?" and she said "oh...I was just thinking about how it's great drying weather out today and you're gonna get all those clothes dry"! It really doesn't take much to make my mam happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

rare moment today, working together with a man who.......how do i explain? went from my fear, to my idol, to my equal and friend, in the time we've known each other (the years have gone by so quickly)..... full circle of earned respect on both parts. was simply a lovely moment, just him and me.

not sure how to say goodbye to him. but its inevitable.

I moved overseas last year. My husband just got home from a trip back to Ireland and brought me Barry's, Choc Digestives and Jaffa Cakes.

I am in heaven :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Megan8181

I fell asleep get in my lashes done.... woke myself up snoring lol

Two things - a foray into Penneys, nice haul of bits and pieces.
    And found a gorgeous copy of a book I had been looking for, brand new, and at a bargain price. Happy, happy camper! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Got a job! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

One of my patients at is a really sweet springer spaniel. Sounds sad but he made me smile today. I love my job. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

This happened yesterday. I was walking to work and this little boy passed by me on his cycle to school and he was singing Hallelujah. He had the most gorgeous, cherubic voice! It really made me smile.

Advertisement